SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Before the video got pulled from the Reddit thread I first saw it in this morning, it was explained the guy who gets smoked on page 36 starts saying a Muslim death prayer. Those two asswipes are also the ones who shot the black lab in another video that’s been making the rounds and apparently killed several unarmed people in some other videos. A dump of everything on that particular Go Pro is in some Telegram channels. Bad stuff. Real bad.

That final shot fired was close enough that the muzzle blast jarred the Go Pro. He likely caught several more rounds once he was on the ground.

Posts: 17358 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I was talking with a guy at a trade show who had served in the IDF and he said they quietly flood the tunnels they find.
<snip>

When do they get the water for flooding the tunnel?

The ones that go into Israel proper I'm pretty sure they could easily get a fire hose hooked up to a nearby hydrant and flood them. I don't know how it would work in Gaza, but I'm sure they have a way.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I was talking with a guy at a trade show who had served in the IDF and he said they quietly flood the tunnels they find.
<snip>

Where do they get the water for flooding the tunnel? They’d need a LOT.

Have you looked at a map?

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
<snip>

When do they get the water for flooding the tunnel?

The ones that go into Israel proper I'm pretty sure they could easily get a fire hose hooked up to a nearby hydrant and flood them. I don't know how it would work in Gaza, but I'm sure they have a way.

Posts: 2565 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Can anyone here translate what that POS said after he was shot?

^^^^
A partial translation I saw on the X feed said "God, God, God is my witness." Whether it is correct or not, who knows.

Posts: 12515 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was talking with a guy at a trade show who had served in the IDF and he said they quietly flood the tunnels they find. I would think this would be a great opportunity to flood the whole underground of Gaza with helos above waiting to pounce on what surfaces.
I suppose that probably makes more sense, but I was thinking something like a scaled up Rodex 5000 pro would be the bomb. Pun intended.

Posts: 6961 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Regarding dealing with the Hamas tunnel network, I saw this video yesterday that was pretty informative. It is my understanding that the US may be withholding the more powerful GBU-72 variant for this conflict.

Posts: 7295 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:

Watching this video, that is some top-knotch BDA. Is this being provided by the attacking aircraft, or do they pre-position drones that provide this footage?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8238 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
here is some more footage of the video para posted where a terrorist is shot

Shows what happened earlier

At 0:45 it looks like the terrorist shot someone in a house

https://twitter.com/i/status/1713685914575044809

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Vermin.

The way he cries out at his end is most satisfying.

Posts: 7295 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It’s a Trap! The Wave of Repercussions as the Middle East Fights “The Last War”

By Brandon Smith

Few people are familiar with a little event around 1200 BC called the Bronze Age Collapse in the region known as the Levant (now known as the Middle East). Most folks are taught that history and progress travel in a straight line and that each generation improves upon the culture and innovations of previous generations. This delusion is constructed around a Smithsonian-influenced view of the past. In reality, history tends to go in a circle, or a spiral, with innovation leading to ease, ease leading to laziness and corruption, and corruption leading to weakness and collapse.

Over and over again, humanity reaches for Elysium on Earth only to be slapped back down. The survivors then build grass huts on top of the ruins of the old empires and they start over from scratch. Why is does the Bronze Age catastrophe matter? Obviously, because history tends to rhyme.
(more...)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...fights-the-last-war/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24304 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This seems to be well documented from many sources.

https://patriotpost.us/article...ith-a-gun-2023-10-16

"The 25-year-old heard explosions early on Saturday when Hamas launched their unprecedented 12-member security teams.attack and rushed to distribute guns among the

She then placed the squad of kibbutzniks in strategic positions across the Nir Am settlement to ambush any approaching member of Hamas.

Lieberman killed five terrorists herself, while the other soldiers killed at least 20 others in just a four hour period."

The Hamas was no match for an intrepid 25-year-old Israeli woman — who saved an entire kibbutz from harm by leading a group of residents to kill more than two dozen advancing terrorists, including five she slaughtered herself.

Inbar Lieberman, the security coordinator of Kibbutz Nir Am since December 2022, heard explosions early Saturday, when the terrorists launched their unprecedented attack on the Jewish state, according to Walla News.

She realized that the sounds were different than those heard during the usual rocket attacks on the kibbutz — located near Sderot and a stone’s throw from the Gaza Strip.

So Lieberman rushed to open the armory, distributed guns to the 12-member security team and coordinated their decisive response amid the unfolding attack.

She placed her squad of kibbutzniks in strategic positions across the settlement and set up ambushes that caught the gunmen off guard and turned the tables on them during their mission to inflict mass casualties.

Lieberman killed five terrorists by herself, while the others gunned down 20 more over four hours as they turned Nir Am into an impenetrable fortress — while nearby kibbutzim suffered heavy losses, Walla News reported.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/10/...ity-team-at-kibbutz/

Edited to add: Sorry for redundant post; I did use the woman's first and last names as search terms before posting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15990 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That was posted several pages back.

Posts: 27039 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Obviously, because history tends to rhyme.

That's a shortened version of one of my favorite quote about the study of history:

"It has been said that history repeats itself. This is perhaps not quite correct... it merely rhymes."

Posts: 32682 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Good video at

https://townhall.com/videos/20...as-conflict-n2629897

shows a Hamas video that brags about taking water/sewage pipes in Gaza and making them into rockets

Posts: 19678 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
IDF website:

https://www.idf.il/en/

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3111 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
2,000 US troops just received orders to prepare for possible deployment.

From https://www.wsj.com/livecovera...0pYNLxiZ7dmUbN6NxCML

quote:
The U.S. military has selected roughly 2,000 troops to prepare for a potential deployment to support Israel, U.S. defense officials said. The troops are tasked with missions like advising and medical support, the officials said, and they are from across the U.S. armed services. They aren't intended to serve in a combat role, the officials said. No infantry have been put on prepare-to-deploy order.

The troops are currently stationed both inside the Middle East and outside, including Europe, the officials said. It isn't clear under what circumstances the U.S. could deploy the troops or to where, but the Pentagon decision signaled it is preparing to support Israeli troops should Israel launch a ground incursion into Gaza.

Posts: 32682 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
"They aren't intended to serve in a combat role".

Hmmmmmm...now where have I heard THAT bullshit before?!?!? JSMFH...... Mad Mad

** Wonder if any of the 2,000 are Palestinian. Just askin'.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Do you think that we don’t already have boots on the ground?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post