SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What is a positive that could possibly come out of this meeting?
Wing failure over the Atlantic.

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
What is a positive that could possibly come out of this meeting?
Wing failure over the Atlantic.

I was going to agree, but then, Kamala. Eek

Q

Posts: 26853 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Do you think that we don’t already have boots on the ground?

Only a fool would think that we don't.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
'Support And Glorification Of Hamas Is Illegal': PM Rishi Sunak Warns Of Jail Time For Hamas Support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HovTX7pl7WI

Q

Posts: 26853 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Saudi's crown prince humiliated Blinken by making him wait hours then showing up the next day

Tom Porter | Oct 16, 2023, 10:27 AM CDT

Saudi Arabia's ruler kept US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, waiting for hours for a meeting, then didn't show up until the next day, in an astonishing snub to the US' top diplomat, The Washington Post said.

In the wake of the Hamas terror attacks in Israel, Blinken last week visited several US allies in the Middle East in a bid to rally them around the US' position, including Mohamed bin Salman.

The core goal of the trip was to persuade the leaders to condemn Hamas' brutal violence, and try and tamp down unrest in their countries sparked by the new fighting.

But Blinken reportedly got a cold reception in Riyadh, where key differences between the US and Saudis emerged.

Blinken had expected to meet Mohamed bin Salman in the evening after touching down on Saturday, but was kept waiting for hours, with the crown prince eventually showing up the next morning, the report said.

In the meeting, the crown prince reportedly called for Israel to halt military operations "that claimed the lives of innocent people," after Israel bombarded the densely populated Gaza strip, and imposed a blockade on food, fuel, and other supplies. He also reportedly called for the conflict to be de-escalated.

The Saudi position is in contrast to that taken by the Biden administration. The US president has backed Israel's bid to eliminate Hamas in the wake of the terror attacks, but has called for civilian lives to be protected.

Blinken's attempts to find common ground with Egypt's President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, another US regional ally, also met with little success, the report says.

There were signs in recent weeks that Saudi Arabia and Israel were on the verge of a historic agreement, that would've seen relations between them normalized. Analysts believe that among Hamas' core aims in launching the October 7 attacks was ruining the talks.

Saudi Arabia has long been among the US' key regional allies, but in recent years its ruler has sought to steer a more independent course for the kingdom, forming closer ties with US rival China. Last year, a diplomatic spat erupted when the Saudis snubbed the Biden administration and refused to increase oil production.

Q

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
While I think the title may be a little misleading, I can't imagine simply cheering for hammas is a jail-able offense, providing material support of any kind I am pretty sure is.

Either way I am surprised to see him take such a strong stance, I hope the rest of Europe follows.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20929 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Biden to visit Israel on Wednesday

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-wednesday-n2629928

What a disgrace to have this mumbling fool represent U.S.

Imagine what other world leaders must be thinking after talking to this idiot. Biden has always been really stupid, but add dementia to that & he's a walking time bomb. He needs to have adult supervision at all times.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I think the title may be a little misleading, I can't imagine simply cheering for hammas is a jail-able offense, providing material support of any kind I am pretty sure is.

Either way I am surprised to see him take such a strong stance, I hope the rest of Europe follows.

Not misleading at all. His own words, starting at 1:38, "It's very clear under the law that support and glorification of Hamas is illegal, and those offenses are punishable with up to almost 14 years in jail".

Here is another one of his recent strong stance, this time against the trans nuts.

Q

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't support throwing people in jail for saying they support some group or other, no matter what group it is.

Just because we despise people who support Hamas- that doesn't make what the British government is doing any less disgusting.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think any foreign students observed supporting terrorist should have their visas revoked and be deported back to their own country

Yes, they’re students but they are adults and actions have consequences. Might as well learn that lesson now.

Posts: 53446 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Macron Calls for ‘Ruthless’ Deportation of All Migrants with Ties to Islamic Extremism from France

by KURT ZINDULKA16 | Oct 2023

French President Emmanuel Macron called for all radical Islamist migrants residing in France to be removed from the country in the wake of the suspected Islam-inspired assassination of a middle school teacher on Friday.

President Macron has tasked Minister of the Interior Gérald Darmanin to carry out a “ruthless” examination of the files of those who “carry hatred and terrorist ideologies” over the next 48 hours in order to remove foreign-born Islamists from France, Le Figaro reports.

It comes after Dominique Bernard, a middle school teacher in the city of Arras, was allegedly stabbed to death by a suspected Islamist named Mohamed Mogouchkov. The Russian-born suspect was reportedly on the country’s extremist watch list — referred to as having an “S file” — prior to the attack and had also reportedly been subject to a deportation order in 2014 that was successfully quashed by appeals from pro-migrant groups.

Darmanin has said out of the over 20,000 S files — not all of which remain active — there are at least 489 extremist foreigners who are considered to be a danger to the country residing in France. A further 300 radical foreigners are currently in prison or under house arrest. The minister said that the government will seek to “systematically deport” them following the end of their prison sentence.

Darmanin is set to meet with officials on Tuesday “to re-examine the administrative situation of all foreign nationals followed by the intelligence services under radical Islamism, by systematically initiating procedures of removal and expulsion.” This will not only include illegal migrants but those who are legally in the country as well by the removal of residence permits and asylum protections.

Local governments will also be tasked with examining foreign family units, in particular, those from the Caucasus region, to “review the situation of reported minor aliens” suspected of holding radical Islamist beliefs. Both the alleged killers of Dominque Bernard and Samuel Paty — another French teacher who was beheaded three years ago in an Islamist attack — were said to be young men of Chechnian heritage.

Meanwhile, the president of the French National Assembly, Yael Braun-Pivet said on Monday morning that the government should seek to implement reforms to the country’s immigration system before the end of the year, saying: “When we have people who are not integrated, who are radicalized, who have a fierce hatred for the Republic, we must be able to keep them away, we must blow up this protection.”

Braun-Pivet went on to question the “almost absolute protection reserved for certain foreigners on our territory” from deportation, such as those married to French women, and those who have children born in France.

The government has received some support from the local Muslim community in its plans to deport radical Islamists, including from Imam Hassen Chalghoumi, who said on Saturday that the government should deport all foreigners with an S file “without pity“.

“Are we going to wait until they kill half our teachers? Our future is unclear. We must show that the Republic is firm,” the Imam said.

Q

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
I interpret this as Iran has given Hezbollah the green light to attack and open up a northern front from Syria and Lebanon.

Iran Threatens Preemptive Action

Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Monday that a “preemptive action” against Israel was possible in the coming hours.

Iran-backed militant groups in the region “will not allow the Zionist regime (Israel) to do whatever it wants in Gaza ... therefore any preemptive action is possible in the coming hours,” Amir-Abdollahian said in a live interview broadcast on state TV late on Monday.

When asked if Iran would “go to war,” he replied: “Every possibility is conceivable.”

“No party should be indifferent to the crimes being committed in Gaza,” Amir-Abdollahian added.

Iran’s top diplomat said that failing to defend Gaza now will lead to Iran having to defend against Israeli attacks in its own cities in the future. “If we do not defend Gaza today, tomorrow we will have to defend against (Israeli) bombs in our own cities.”

Israel is not at war with Iran. But going to war with Israel, which has nuclear weapons, is not going to end well.

Posts: 11381 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Imagine what other world leaders must be thinking after talking to this idiot. Biden has always been really stupid, but add dementia to that & he's a walking time bomb. He needs to have adult supervision at all times.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Biden was an idiot all his political career. His handlers are orchestrating from behind the scenes.

It seems like the IDF offensive is stalled, more calls for a ‘measured response’. Of course I’m not there with my finger on the pulse. I sure hope many of the Hamas militants are assuming room temperature.

https://news.sky.com/story/imp...as-official-12985674

Posts: 6251 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Have every Arab nation put its money where it’s mouths are.

Israel should offer an immediate return of each and every hostage in exchange for a temporary cease fire… with emphasis on the temporary. This should include pressing the Arab nations to officially end support for Hamas/Hezbollah/any terror group attacking Israel. I think I know what the answer would be from anti-Semitic Arabs.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15704 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Have every Arab nation put its money where it’s mouths are.

Israel should offer an immediate return of each and every hostage in exchange for a temporary cease fire… with emphasis on the temporary. This should include pressing the Arab nations to officially end support for Hamas/Hezbollah/any terror group attacking Israel. I think I know what the answer would be from anti-Semitic Arabs.

They never wanted these people. Not then and not now.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8470 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Prime minister needs to arrest the Muslim Mayor of London.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
'Support And Glorification Of Hamas Is Illegal': PM Rishi Sunak Warns Of Jail Time For Hamas Support

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I’m curious what the forum thinks. Here’s a purposely vague, open ended question:

What should Israel’s 1, 5, 10, or 20 year plans be?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Why would biden fly to Israel tomorrow if the ground invasion was imminent ?

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Biden to visit Israel on Wednesday.

Perhaps now would be a good time to remind Sigforum of the famous quote made in 2020 by Barack Obama "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fu*k things up."

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post