SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^
To be quite honest, no. Do you have compelling evidence to suggest "we" do??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt that we have personnel in country but doubt it’s 2000 in the roles specified. Regardless, openly fielding US soldiers in any capacity is a step closer to a global conflict.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15704 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Our boots are everywhere. Wink

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^

Having Tier 1 family in SF I know that we have boots on the Gerald Ford Carrier but do not know his exact location (for obvious reasons).

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6388 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Jerusalem cardinal offers himself to Hamas in exchange for the children being held hostage

That would truly be a brave and heroic act. He must know that he'd be facing certain torture and likely death.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30620 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

WATCH: Hamas Releases First Purported Video of Israeli Hostage, Mia Shem

The Palestinian terror organization known as Hamas has released what is being described as a video of one of the 199 known Israeli hostages taken to Gaza during a massive terror attack that killed over 1,400 Israelis and wounded over 4,100 on Oct.7.

The video shows a young woman who is resting in bed and having bandages applied to her right arm. She has tattoos on her left.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38901 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Jerusalem cardinal offers himself to Hamas in exchange for the children being held hostage

That would truly be a brave and heroic act. He must know that he'd be facing certain torture and likely death.

Yes, brave and heroic beyond words.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38901 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast...457934490df0e7f9d9c0

About half a million people have left northern Gaza for the south following Israel's evacuation notice on Friday, an Israel Defense Forces spokesperson said Sunday.

The estimate represents roughly half the population of northern Gaza, where the IDF is gearing up for the next stages of its war with Hamas, which runs the territory.

The evacuation advisory came after Israel imposed a complete siege on Gaza. The IDF said Saturday it would allow safe movement on specified streets for residents to move from the northern city of Beit Hanoun to Khan Yunis in the south — a roughly 20-mile distance of rubble-strewn streets.

Southern Gaza is struggling to accommodate the influx of people. Shelters are overloaded and the area is experiencing shortages of food, water and fuel.

Conricus said Israel has “opened taps” on its side to allow water to enter southern Gaza, but said he "doesn't have visibility on exactly how much is actually flowing where it should."

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yes, brave and heroic beyond words.

Because we all know what those savages would do to him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29800 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^

Having Tier 1 family in SF I know that we have boots on the Gerald Ford Carrier but do not know his exact location (for obvious reasons).

That’s not “boots on the ground”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9177 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I interpret this as Iran has given Hezbollah the green light to attack and open up a northern front from Syria and Lebanon.

Iran Threatens Preemptive Action

Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Monday that a “preemptive action” against Israel was possible in the coming hours.

Iran-backed militant groups in the region “will not allow the Zionist regime (Israel) to do whatever it wants in Gaza ... therefore any preemptive action is possible in the coming hours,” Amir-Abdollahian said in a live interview broadcast on state TV late on Monday.

When asked if Iran would “go to war,” he replied: “Every possibility is conceivable.”

“No party should be indifferent to the crimes being committed in Gaza,” Amir-Abdollahian added.

Iran’s top diplomat said that failing to defend Gaza now will lead to Iran having to defend against Israeli attacks in its own cities in the future. “If we do not defend Gaza today, tomorrow we will have to defend against (Israeli) bombs in our own cities.”

Posts: 491 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

That’s not “boots on the ground”.[QUOTE]

The U.S. said early on they were sending Delta Force and Navy Seals to Israel to coordinate with the IDF to rescue American hostages. They are there.

https://patriotalerts.com/2023...-for-hostage-rescue/

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

WATCH: Hamas Releases First Purported Video of Israeli Hostage, Mia Shem

quote:
Hamas evidently hopes to use the video to pressure Israel to negotiate, and to stop attacking its positions in Gaza.

If I was captured and I knew it was a live broadcast somehow, I would tell them not to exercise caution or risk the mission to save me, if I'm housed in a high value target take the whole building down. Better to die knowing a dozen terrorists died with me than risk losing multiple IDF soldiers or letting the terrorists get away. Most of the 199 captured are dead no matter what, I rather them rain hellfire on my location knowing I went out with them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20929 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I was talking with a guy at a trade show who had served in the IDF and he said they quietly flood the tunnels they find.
<snip>

Where do they get the water for flooding the tunnel? They’d need a LOT.

Have you looked at a map?

A couple of days ago I was contemplating flooding the tunnels with water from the Med. Assuming the tunnel is 300 miles long, 6' tall and 4' wide, the required water to fill it is about 304 million gallons. The largest portable pump I could find online pumps 28,000 gallons per minute. At that rate, one pump could flood the tunnel in 7.5 days, if my calcs are correct. Use more than 1 pump, and time drops accordingly. Certainly that is an optimistic number, but not out of the realm of possibility.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man shouts 'Allahu Akbar' while opening fire on tourists in Belgian capital. Suspect still at large, 2 Swedes killed.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/378623

Two Swedish citizens were murdered in an apparent terrorist shooting attack in the Belgian capital of Brussels this evening (Monday).

According to local media, the shooter shouted 'Allahu Akbar' before opening fire on the Swedes, who were in the city to attend the match between the Swedish soccer team and the Belgian team in a Euro 2024 qualifier. The shooter then fled the scene and remains at large.

A man claiming to be the shooter later posted a video allegedly of the shooting to social media. He also claimed to have killed three people. The veracity of the video has not yet been confirmed by authorities.

Prosecutors announced that the shooting is being treated as an act of terrorism.

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden to visit Israel on Wednesday

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-wednesday-n2629928

What a disgrace to have this mumbling fool represent U.S.

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If I were Bibi, I tell that doddering, old, incompetent, moronic, puppet of a FOOL to not waste the gas and stay the F--- out of Israel. On a side note, it's AWFULLY interesting how the wildfires of Maui are yesterday's news, eh?? JSMH...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
No boots on the ground - just there to get a tan and advise those wimps on how to fight. No boots in Cambodia either.

4 days ago - https://www.themirror.com/news...ta-force-seal-137554

Posts: 4028 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
A couple of days ago I was contemplating flooding the tunnels with water from the Med. Assuming the tunnel is 300 miles long, 6' tall and 4' wide, the required water to fill it is about 304 million gallons. The largest portable pump I could find online pumps 28,000 gallons per minute. At that rate, one pump could flood the tunnel in 7.5 days, if my calcs are correct. Use more than 1 pump, and time drops accordingly. Certainly that is an optimistic number, but not out of the realm of possibility.

It wouldn't take nearly as long, if they partially filled the tunnels with gasoline, and then lit a match.

Methane would also work quite well. No need to use mercaptan (the stinky rotten egg smell). Let it be a surprise.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Biden to visit Israel on Wednesday

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-wednesday-n2629928

What a disgrace to have this mumbling fool represent U.S.

What is a positive that could possibly come out of this meeting?

Is he going to tell stories about how bad of a dude corn pop was? Will he beg for a measured response? What in the world is a possible benefit to send him there?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20929 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post