SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Why would biden fly to Israel tomorrow if the ground invasion was imminent ?

He wouldn't. I think Israel is giving the people in Gaza every opportunity to get the heck out of the way of the hell that Israel wants to un leash on Hamas. It won't prevent any of the Muslim lovers from screaming about genocide though.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

That’s not “boots on the ground”.[QUOTE]

The U.S. said early on they were sending Delta Force and Navy Seals to Israel to coordinate with the IDF to rescue American hostages. They are there.

https://patriotalerts.com/2023...-for-hostage-rescue/

This worries me.

While I hope for successful operations and return of the hostages, I worry about two very bad outcomes. First, being politicians setting ridiculous rules of engagement and limiting support of those troops leading to another Bengazi or Mogadishu. Second, being the US drawn into direct involvement in the conflict.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11824 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Israeli social media influencer Amir Tsarfati opined this morning that the ground invasion will start on Thursday, after Biden leaves town.

I've got a better idea: Netanyahu should tell President "Two-scoops" that Gaza has some great ice cream and he can lead the charge against Hamas! Go get em, Joe!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because his handlers said that's what he's going to do. Biden has no say whatsoever in this stuff.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
This worries me.

While I hope for successful operations and return of the hostages, I worry about two very bad outcomes. First, being politicians setting ridiculous rules of engagement and limiting support of those troops leading to another Bengazi or Mogadishu. Second, being the US drawn into direct involvement in the conflict.

Our special forces won't have their hands tied if they are going in to get hostages. Doesn't worry me at all.

And frankly, one of the reasons we have a carrier group off the coast there is because Hamas has American hostages. The only other reason is containing the war. I see it kind of like two adversaries finally duking it out in the parking lot after school once and for all, and we're there to just keep any one else from interfering. Let them go until only one man is left standing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30620 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:

Because his handlers said that's what he's going to do. Biden has no say whatsoever in this stuff.

This. Better question posed to Susan Rice who is pulling the strings for this “presidency”.

Biden can’t get off a stage in Detroit much less lead from the world stage in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. It’s Susan Rice, et al

0:01

Posts: 4233 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine biden talking to Hamas?

"In my younger days I fought Israel too. I would load my barrel with 100 rounds, go out on my balcony, and fire 2 blasts. They would all run away. No joke"

probably delivered in some crazed whisper

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And on the coat-tails of your story, PASig...

https://simpleflying.com/air-c...c#Echobox=1697033520

Air Canada Grounds Pilot After Unacceptable Instagram Posts

The Boeing 787 pilot posted concerning photos and captions on his social media accounts, including pictures in his Air Canada uniform.

SUMMARY
    Air Canada removed a pilot from service after he shared disturbing posts calling for violence, including anti-Israel comments and profane language.

Passengers expressed concerns after screenshots of the pilot's posts were shared online, prompting the airline to take action.

Air Canada emphasized that the pilot's views do not represent the airline's views and firmly denounced violence in all forms. The Airline Pilots Association Canada also condemned any promotion of violence and hatred among its members.
<snip>

Good on Air Canada!! That MFer needs to go fly for Egypt Air or Pakistani International Airways or Qatar or Emirates or any other airline backed and funded by anti-Semites. On second thought, that MFer is unstable as shit and just needs to be removed from flying altogether. Shouldn't be allowed within a 1,000 yards of the controls of an aircraft. FHATHHRIO!!! Cocksucker!!! Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, take it easy. At some point, I'm going to get tired of saying this to you.

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big pair of boots on the ground:

CENTCOM leader arrives in Tel Aviv focused on deterring enemies

https://www.washingtonexaminer...us-deterring-enemies

The United States's top military leader in the Middle East has arrived in Tel Aviv, Israel, to help the Jewish state in its war against Hamas and deter other enemies of Israel from expanding the conflict.

Gen. Michael "Erik" Kurilla's unannounced trip comes as Israel continues bombarding Gaza with rockets in an effort to eradicate Hamas, the militant group that launched a surprise assault against Israel and captured 200 hostages, some of them American.

"I'm here to ensure that Israel has what it needs to defend itself, and am particularly focused on avoiding other parties expanding the conflict," Kurilla said in a press release from the U.S. Central Command.

The Army general's visit comes a day before President Joe Biden is set to land in Israel, where he "will receive a comprehensive brief on Israel's war aims and strategy," according to Secretary of State Antony Blinken, as well as "how it will conduct its operations in a way that minimizes civilian casualties and enables humanitarian assistance."

Biden will also travel to Amman, where he will be hosted by the king of Jordan and meet with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Kurilla is set to meet with Israeli military leadership, including Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi, chief of defense, to "gain a clear understanding of Israel's defense requirements, outline U.S. support efforts to avoid expansion of the conflict, and reiterate the Department of Defense's ironclad support for Israel," CENTCOM said.

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrorist Who Killed Swedish Soccer Fans in Belgium Shot Dead in EU Capital.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...-dead-in-eu-capital/

Suspected radical Islamic terrorist Abdesalem Lassoued, a 45-year-old Tunisian, has been shot dead in the Belgian and European Union capital of Brussels, after being hunted down by Belgian counter-terrorism police.

The migrant was believed to have shot and killed two Swedish soccer fans just three miles from the King Baudouin Stadium, where Sweden was playing against Belgium in a qualifier for the European Football Championship 2024, in what the Belgian prime minister described as “an act of terrorism”.

The match was suspended following the slayings. Lassoued reportedly carried out the attack with a Kalashnikov-style rifle – despite strict European gun controls – and cried “Allahu Akbar!” as he struck. The common Arabic phrase roughly translates to “[Our] God is greater [than your God]!” Police shot him in the Schaerbeek area of Brussels.

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Man, take it easy. At some point, I'm going to get tired of saying this to you.
With all due respect, I know you haven't forgotten 9/11, sir. When this CRAP hits the flight deck, it rings pretty damned close to home for me. I do not apologize for what I've said or done in this matter.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not asking you to apologize for a thing. I'm asking you to take it easy in THIS FORUM and if you are unwilling to cease with the angry postings, you will be subject to disciplinary action.

I don't need to hear about 9/11 or anything else. I just need you to control your temper when you post.

This isn't affecting just you. We're all involved. Be cool.

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Fair enough...

In other news...maybe, juuuuuuuuust maybe, people are starting to wake up about BLM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...561b46cc350079&ei=15

Black activist says BLM's support for 'Palestinian resistance' after bloodbath against civilians is 'evil'

A Black activist called out Black Lives Matter chapters he believed were expressing support for Hamas' terrorism against Israeli civilians for embodying an "evil beyond description" in an interview with Fox News Digital.

Pastor Dumisani Washington is the founder of the Institute for Black Solidarity with Israel (IBSI), which strengthens the relationship between Israel and people of African descent through education and advocacy. IBSI also condemns those who push "Zionism is racism" ideology.
<snip>

Video with Pastor Washington at link...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Big pair of boots on the ground:

Simply a top-2-top, touch base. They very likely got together last year when Kurilla took command of CENTCOM. Seeing how things have gone the last couple of years, nothing is going to happen militarily without the White House approving.

Posts: 14824 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden will also travel to Amman, where he will be hosted by the king of Jordan and meet with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

OK, wait a minute. POTUS is going to meet with the head of an organization which kidnapped Americans? And not, bound, with a bag over his head, and Secret Squirrels holding rifles?

Posts: 5797 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
OK, wait a minute. POTUS is going to meet with the head of an organization which kidnapped Americans? And not, bound, with a bag over his head, and Secret Squirrels holding rifles?

Abbas is president of the Palestinian National Authority, not Hamas. They were the ones who were in control of Gaza prior to Hamas taking over after the 2006 election.

Posts: 32683 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
quote:

When was the last time the PA or Egypt abducted an American?

10 Things to Know about Hamas

Posts: 14824 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/lauraloome...Nd5syqSFPzbtqrZxZBhw