SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My hatred for Demokrats already reached its low many years ago.

Pressure mounts on Biden to leverage human rights laws on Israel aid

By Bryant Harris
Jan 18, 03:18 PM

WASHINGTON ― Shortly after Hamas killed about 1,200 Israelis — mostly civilians — and abducted more than 200 hostages, Biden administration officials told U.S. lawmakers to prepare their constituents for a long war in Gaza.

In the days after the Oct. 7 attack, the Defense Department began rushing weapons to Israel, including Small Diameter Bombs, precision-guided munitions, armored tanks, artillery rounds and ammunition.

The White House and the Pentagon both said at the time they would set “no red lines” for Israel’s military activities in Gaza. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin stressed on Oct. 12 the U.S. had “not placed any conditions on the provision” of U.S. weapons and assistance for Israel.

More than three months later, Israel’s attacks have killed over 24,000 Palestinians — mostly civilians — with more than 61,000 injured and thousands more missing or buried under rubble. The attacks have resulted in the largest Palestinian displacement since 1948, forcing at least 85% of Gaza’s 2.3 million people into increasingly smaller, unlivable areas amid scenes aid agencies have described as “apocalyptic.”

Amid the destruction, U.S. President Joe Biden has gradually urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to do more to limit civilian casualties. Addressing Democratic donors in December, Biden criticized Israel for “indiscriminate bombing” of Gaza...

Complete article:

https://www.defensenews.com/co...-laws-on-israel-aid/

Posts: 15942 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Hey Gaza/Hamas - remember, you wanted this.

Posts: 9118 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Israel will do what Israel must, and Biden’s position on the subject be damned.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15704 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
One hopes the attitude of Biden and his admin is not reflective of what their actions may be should our country be attacked in the same manner as Oct 7.

One hopes it would closer to the utter destruction of the terrorist groups that attacked rather than the slap on the hands they propose as sufficient.

Biden is saying "I know you got stabbed and shot multiple times in critical organs and have lost limbs. But you punched back and that's good enough." What he should be saying is "I know you got stabbed and shot multiple times in critical organs and have lost limbs. Don't stop until you kill the mo-fo. Let me know if I can help."

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12846 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Biden did say: "I know you got stabbed and shot multiple times in critical organs and have lost limbs. Don't stop until you kill the mo-fo. Let me know if I can help."

But then as soon as Israel stepped into it, he said: "You punched back and that's good enough."

"...same as it ever was, same as it ever was..."

-Talking Heads

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44100 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I hope Netanyahu told him to go fuck himself! Mad
I agree with everything except this last bit. I hope that Bibi more diplomatically thanked him for his input, then ignored it. No sense antagonizing Biden's clowns when they may still be sending some support.

ETA: You are absolutely correct that Blinken should GFH, or better yet FOAD.

Posts: 6961 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
What would the Bidet administration know about winning a war

Posts: 53446 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Given that their goal appears to be the destruction of this country, I'm not even sure that they would want to win a war.

Posts: 6961 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
One hopes the attitude of Biden and his admin is not reflective of what their actions may be should our country be attacked in the same manner as Oct 7.

Well it would take the media at least a week to report the attack......It would initially reported as Insurrection by MAGA Far Right Extremists. Bidet would then say our response will be measured and appropriate though our military is out an 80 year low and the ones serving wouldn't be allowed to go due to deployment conflicting with required DEI training and Trans procedures. But hey they would do as they did during the Afghanistan debacle, drop bombs on the wrong persons.

Posts: 4006 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://redstate.com/streiff/2...in-damascus-n2168987

For the second time in less than a month, senior Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard officers have been killed in a suspected Israeli airstrike in Damascus, Syria. Iran's unofficial Mehr news agency said, "The Revolutionary Guards' Syria intel chief, his deputy, and two other Guards members were martyred in the attack on Syria by Israel." Updated reports say that five IRGC officers, plus some of their Syrian counterparts, were killed in the attack.

Saturday's attack and that in December look a lot like preparation of the battlefield for Israel opening hostilities in southern Lebanon, with a goal of gutting Hezbollah.

Under UN Security Council Resolution 1701, adopted on August 11, 2006, Hezbollah is forbidden to keep an armed presence south of the Litani River. Hezbollah violated this agreement almost as soon as it was signed.

The targeted killings of senior IRGC officers who control Iranian intelligence and logistics support to Hezbollah and of some senior Hezbollah officers could be a first stage of the operation that would prevent Hezbollah forces from undertaking a prepared defense against Israel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
More positive info coming out.

Posts: 53446 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

You can go back to Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. Both sides are guilty of putting us into wars without the goal of winning. But Biden's pullout was the worse in American history

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8470 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Hey Gaza/Hamas - remember, you wanted this.

Nailed it.

Posts: 11381 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
For the second time in less than a month, senior Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard officers have been killed in a suspected Israeli airstrike in Damascus, Syria. Iran's unofficial Mehr news agency said, "The Revolutionary Guards' Syria intel chief, his deputy, and two other Guards members were martyred in the attack on Syria by Israel." Updated reports say that five IRGC officers, plus some of their Syrian counterparts, were killed in the attack.

Saturday's attack and that in December look a lot like preparation of the battlefield for Israel opening hostilities in southern Lebanon, with a goal of gutting Hezbollah.

Under UN Security Council Resolution 1701, adopted on August 11, 2006, Hezbollah is forbidden to keep an armed presence south of the Litani River. Hezbollah violated this agreement almost as soon as it was signed.

The targeted killings of senior IRGC officers who control Iranian intelligence and logistics support to Hezbollah and of some senior Hezbollah officers could be a first stage of the operation that would prevent Hezbollah forces from undertaking a prepared defense against Israel.

Gosh dang it but that there martering sure do seem to hurt a good deal more than you'd think, eh?

Posts: 11381 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Mark Levin had a good segment on Sunday regarding Blinken. Showed the clip of Sen. McCain saying Blinken was a very dangerous person.
Levin also said blinked was talking with individual members of the Israeli cabinet and opposition--trying to orchestrate a coup against Netanyahu.

Posts: 18195 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Levin also said blinked was talking with individual members of the Israeli cabinet and opposition--trying to orchestrate a coup against Netanyahu.

No surprise. Just keeping up with Bathhouse Barry's policies. He tried the same thing.

Posts: 20240 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Hoping the body count is increasing rapidly and they’re just staying quiet so they can get on with it

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
50 terrorists dead since the morning | IDF launches extensive offensive in Khan Yunis

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/384003

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44100 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
NSFW

"Found tape...."

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
50 terrorists dead since the morning | IDF launches extensive offensive in Khan Yunis

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/384003
That’s what I’d call “a good start” for the day.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post