SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I totally messed up and forgot to take a picture once I served dinner. Tonight I made beef and broccoli. Normally I do all Chinese type food stir fry but wanted to try a slow cooker recipe I found. I used Kobe sirloin cut into strips and slow cooked them in the sauce for 4 hours and then added the broccoli to cook another 20 minutes. Served over rice and with an egg roll. Came out really good and meat was super tender.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
No pics, but it was Chicken Cordon Bleu. Pounded the chicken thin, roll in ham and swiss, dipped in egg and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 30 min or so, depending on chicken breast size. Quick, semi easy and really tasty

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Oh wow. I’ll take two.

ME FIRST! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously those look great Gustofer. Anything unique about your recipe?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
simple and easy shrimp tacos,

cook skrimps in a pan with a bit of old bay (peel them first)

taco shell, or a Corn Tortilla

lettuce,
cheese
salsa

etc etc

easy and tasty

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Oh wow. I’ll take two.

ME FIRST! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously those look great Gustofer. Anything unique about your recipe?

Not so much. I used this guy's recipe.

He's got a great channel with a lot of great Italian recipes.

The best part about making these is that you'll have a lot of leftover sauce. What better way to sop it up than fresh homemade garlic butter crusty bread? Why I don't weigh 500 lbs is a mystery. Big Grin

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So tonight I made chicken pot pie from scratch, except the pie crust. It was so dang good!!!!!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
So tonight I made chicken pot pie from scratch, except the pie crust.

OMG! Mike that makes me drool with my mouth watering!

What did you use for the sauce / gravy ingredients?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
So tonight I made chicken pot pie from scratch, except the pie crust.

OMG! Mike that makes me drool with my mouth watering!

What did you use for the sauce / gravy ingredients?

This is the recipe I used. The gravy/sauce is from the butter to cook the chicken, then adding flour, and slowly adding heavy cream and then chicken stock. Almost like making gravy for biscuits and gravy.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So tonight I made Irish Guinness Beef Stew with Irish Soda Bread all from scratch. It was AWESOME!!!!!

Stew before I thickened it:

Finished soda bread:

Final product:

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
TX is only a 3 hour plane ride - keep some warm for me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Damn, that is some great looking stew. My mouth is drooling looking at that picture.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
No pics. Didn’t look great but was good eats.

I bought a marinated tri-tip from Costco. I don’t have a smoker so I pressure cooked it for 45 minutes. Came out tender and tasty. Sacrilegious for those in TX but no smoker. It was pressure cook or roast. I wasn’t confident roasting it.

It came out well enough that I’d do it again. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nope, not a stew, pot pie, or shrimp roll. But great comfort food!

Goulash ... American style

1¾ - 2 lbs Ground beef
2 medium Onions
4 - 5 Garlic gloves
2 Cans tomatoes
2 cups Beef stock
1 Celery stick
1 shredded small Carrot
Paprika
Italian seasoning
Worcestershire
Salt
Pepper
1 lb Cellentani pasta (nicer than plain elbow macaroni)

Serve with freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Didn't get pics but I made pork belly tacos with ancho chili roasted pineapple and avocado. But I will be making this again soon and I'll try to remember the pics. Off the hook delicious!

Followed this recipe if someone wants to give it a whirl.
I smoked the pork belly rather than put it in the oven like the recipe suggests. Also made my own taco shells out of shredded parmesan cheese and cilantro.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Followed this recipe if someone wants to give it a whirl.

Thanks! Just passed to a friend in Atlanta that has 3 lbs of pork belly and was looking at options to use it.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Getting ready to grill some boneless chicken breasts for my daughter, her boyfriend and myself after a few hours of shooting.
Marinated in Ken's zesty Italian dressing for about 5 hours. Red beans and rice as a side.
Snow possible next week so I'm grilling when I can.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Fried rice!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39754 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
We had subgum fried rice tonight.
Very similar, our recipe uses ham rather than chicken.
And sesame oil, which gives it a great flavor.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, not a stew, pot pie, or shrimp roll. But great comfort food!

Goulash ... American style

Big Grin

Looks and sounds good to me!!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Fried rice!

Looks great. I have never made this but want to. It is funny as I just thought about this yesterday as it is a great dish period, but also a great dish for a situation for low supplies.