SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Made $12 Chuck roast, turned in steak. Sous vided Chuck roast for ~26hrs then seared on grill with a little pear wood for flavor. Found recipe years ago and always wanted to try it. Lived up to claims, tastes like a steak with really good beef flavor. Really surprised it came out so well.

Made homemade peasant bread, green beans, and mashed potatoes for sides.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Nice. I did a chuck roast low n slow on the BGE last weekend. Had 4 nice meals out of it. One of the tricks I've used for several years is reheating leftovers in the oven and use my digital probe to bring it back to a perfect medium rare. Almost as good as the first night and much, much better than the microwave.

Tonight, I reheated Wednesday's pork chops that I grilled on the BGE. Borrowed a trick I use on chicken, and Wednesday seasoned 1/2 the pork chops with a more traditional rub and 1/2 the pork chops with a spicier rub. It makes leftovers less redundant.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23089 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Cheap chicken fajitas tonight.
Crawfish étouffée tomorrow. Making French bread.
I've got a Wagyu beef rib rack inbound tomorrow from Snake River Farms. Hate me all you want, Sunday is gonna be freakin' awesome!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hate me all you want, Sunday is gonna be freakin' awesome!

I will be jealous, but I spent $12, you? Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Hate me all you want, Sunday is gonna be freakin' awesome!

I will be jealous, but I spent $12, you? Wink

Yep, same. Plus a zero. My pics will make it worth it. If I can keep others off them long enough.

Heck, we're not going anywhere.

Hey- those living room lights are still whacked out. I've resigned myself to rolling that into a couple of projects for local electrician.
My last consult was hungover and focused on NHL playoffs.
Still, thanks! Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12345 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good Jesse.
I have some black beans and some Anasazi beans soaking. I nice steak is thawing, and all that with some tomatoes and spices and we will have beans with chili later this evening. I’ll probably make some focaccia bread to go with it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4021 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Looks pretty good Jesse.
I have some black beans and some Anasazi beans soaking. I nice steak is thawing, and all that with some tomatoes and spices and we will have beans with chili later this evening. I’ll probably make some focaccia bread to go with it.

Leftovers are getting turned into chilli in a little while. Looking forward to cutting it up, might have to sample some while cutting it up to make sure it hasn't spoiled over night.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I made BLT'S with Turkey bacon (it was all that was in the store) but still very tasty with two slices of tomato on it!

No pics sorry I was not thinking...

Archerman

Posts: 2475 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Bacon knockwurst, side of sauerkraut. Roasted Garlic & Onion mustard. Unfortunately no pictures.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me.

Sigh!

:0)

War Eagle!

Posts: 128 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Glazed ham with potatoes au graten. Oven has 30 seconds left as I type.

Posts: 4176 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
Glazed ham with potatoes au graten. Oven has 30 seconds left as I type.

Pics and mail order leftovers please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftovers from last night, soon to be chili. Cool

Will be adding some sausage and ground beef too for extra flavor.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
La Choy Chicken Chow Mein. (I'm not a cook.) Ate the leftovers today for lunch and will probably have a couple of hot dogs for supper.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Rib-eyes with salad, green beans and olives. The steaks were rather tuff as they were cooked on a George Foreman. I ate enough to last until this time tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
La Choy Chicken Chow Mein. (I'm not a cook.) Ate the leftovers today for lunch and will probably have a couple of hot dogs for supper.

^^^^^
Sounds familiar to me. Lean cusine Chicken parmesan with cup of yogurt and rice. Oh and a water.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Chili came out pretty awesome. Quite happy with the results.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4021 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cooked up some Italian sausage on the Egg, first time this year---delicious!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Late dinner in Skins household, chilli still has 10 minutes before the beans (gasp) go in. Then another 30 minutes til done.

Progress:

Gotta love to Maytag countertop. Worst time ever for kitchen remodel.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Made some venison stroganoff last night that turned out really well. Here's the recipe
https://www.therusticelk.com/venison-stroganoff/

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post