SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A bit of a switch up on my avocado toast. Instead of poached eggs I prepared a side egg scramble with red bell pepper, sweet onion, and aged sharp cheddar cheese. The brioche toast was topped with mashed avocado, sliced grape tomatoes, and crisp bacon. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Boneless, skinless chicken breast covered with olive oil & dusted with Old Bay. If you haven't tried Old Bay chicken, do it, it is fantastic.

Roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and lemon pepper.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Grilled some ribeyes last night
A bit more char than expected as the grill had a flareup, after not being able to get it over 300*

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Grilled some ribeyes last night
A bit more char than expected as the grill had a flareup, after not being able to get it over 300*

How do you marinate your steaks?

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Should not open this thread at quarter after ten. Some great stuff on this page! Those stir fry style kebabs are calling my name.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Reservations

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kilroy2721:

How do you marinate your steaks?

These were just Pappy's seasoning & Worcestershire, seasoned them up around 2pm & had them on the grill around 6.

Pappys: https://www.pappysfinefoods.co...choice-seasoning-5oz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made kabobs with some decent sirloin, mushrooms peppers,onions on the Big Easy turkey fryer we just got. The meat was really dark because I marinated it in Worcestershire a few hours. Still getting used to how this thing cooks; fast when you put the mesh lid on.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pics but Shepherd's pie with beef. I make a little off to the side with jalapenos in it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So tonight was my 25th wedding anniversary and I made tenderloin steak with asparagus. For dessert my wife wanted a simple strawberry shortcake. I had planned to make a nice salad and also Bernaise sauce from scratch, but unfortunately I caught a priority investigation at work I had to do so I had to skip the salad and please forgive me but I made the bernaise sauce from a package. The sauce came out ok, but nothing like making it from scratch. I know I will lose points in here for using a package, but really had no choice….lol. The steak and asparagus were great and so was our evening celebration.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15 bean soup with salt pork and a smoked turkey leg. Sautéed sweet onion, celery, carrots and sweet peppers. With clove of garlic.

With some nice cornbread.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
No shame in using packaged or can stuff you would be surprised how much stuff comes from a can or packaged stuff from places and chef's you wouldn't expect. Your meal looks great!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
15 bean soup with salt pork and a smoked turkey leg. Sautéed sweet onion, celery, carrots and sweet peppers. With clove of garlic.

With some nice cornbread.

ARman

That sounds so good!!! Need pics man!!! It is supposed to cool down here this weekend so I will probably make chili with cornbread.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
No shame in using packaged or can stuff you would be surprised how much stuff comes from a can or packaged stuff from places and chef's you wouldn't expect. Your meal looks great!

Thanks, also was a WHOLE lot less butter.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
So tonight was my 25th wedding anniversary and I made tenderloin steak with asparagus. For dessert my wife wanted a simple strawberry shortcake.

Congratulations Mike on not only a mouth watering dinner but your 25th anniversary!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Costco NY strip steaks on the RecTeq 700 last night. So flavorful and tender...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Pasty. Smothered in brown gravy.

Posts: 20102 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Breakfast sliders on buttered/toasted potato rolls and some hash browns.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tex Mex

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Something different tonight.

Baked brie with caramelized apples and pecans. Fresh baked baguette, side salad, red grapes, charcuterie staggberry elk salami, and some Martinelli's sparkling blush cider. Damn tasty! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192