SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
^^

That looks excellent. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Southern Fried cabbage. Came out excellent.
One cast iron skillet meal.
Bacon, sausage, veggies and cabbage. Cajun seasoning plus fresh ground coarse black pepper.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:

Southern Fried cabbage. Came out excellent.
One cast iron skillet meal.
Bacon, sausage, veggies and cabbage. Cajun seasoning plus fresh ground coarse black pepper.

Love this stuff! Yours looks great Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
That cabbage does look delicious!

I just finished my version of hot and spicy pork fried rice.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Made scalloped potatoes and ham tonight. Used the leftover ham from a dinner a few nights ago.

The fact that it was from a pig that I was able to watch grow to butcher weight was just an added bonus Big Grin

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No pics, but I made this: Pan-seared sablefish with lemon pepper aioli

I put it on a bed of spinach and it was fantastic!

If you haven't had the pleasure of eating a slab of black cod, it is like eating butter...wrapped in butter, and then grilled in butter. It truly is a wonderful fish.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Fitting comfort food for a week of blizzard conditions with crazy high winds. The State is still basically shut down for travel.

Chili (yes with black beans) and cornbread Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
The State is still basically shut down for travel.

Been following a few friends who are trying to get over to Brookings for the MSU-SDSU game tomorrow. There's some pretty harrowing conditions in your neck of the woods. Apparently 90 is still closed until 1700 and many of the secondary roads are drifted over and barely passable. Sounds like a fun road trip!

Good looking eats, too!

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
The State is still basically shut down for travel.

There's some pretty harrowing conditions in your neck of the woods. Apparently 90 is still closed until 1700 and many of the secondary roads are drifted over and barely passable.

It's insane. They've quit plowing in most areas because minutes after they've cleared the area winds push it right back. I've seen pix of drifts up to the bottom of highway bridge overpasses. And this morning a report of a CAT snow crawler used to rescue stranded jackasses who tried secondary roads.

https://www.keloland.com/video...aps-cameras/8233838/

https://www.sd511.org/#zoom=6....&road-cond&cams&rwis

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Aw heck, that doesn't look so bad. Big Grin

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Burger last night. Made in frying pan for the first time in a long time. Tasted great but too much splatter. Going to stick to the grill from now on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Did a 1 bone rib roast for my birthday.
Smoked with Cherry and Hickory wood until it was 125° internal and then seared over charcoal.
Turned out amazing.
Did not eat it all as it was almost 2 1/2 pounds but I did try.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made Mexican Beef Caldo.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Joatmonv….that looks amazing!!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Mulligitawny soup. And it is damned good.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
We get 2 tomato plantings a year where I live (mid-March and Labor Day). My fall tomatoes have been ripening in waves the past 2 weeks.

I picked 1.5 gallons of tomatoes, and made them into marinara. I browned some ground chuck, sauteed some shrooms, added the marinara, and served over rotini pasta tonight.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:

Yes it is. One of my favorites.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Joatmonv….that looks amazing!!!!

It was for sure and thank you.
I've been using Traeger rubs lately and every one of them has been excellent. This is Traeger Prime Rib rub on that and it was outstanding.
Good amount on it to form a crust.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Had to look that up as I've never heard of it. Interesting.
Do you have a recipe by chance?

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

Had to look that up as I've never heard of it. Interesting.
Do you have a recipe by chance?

1/2 large onion diced
2 stalks celery diced
1 carrot diced
4 Tbs butter
1 1/2 Tbs flour
1 1/2 tsp curry
4 cups chicken broth
1 apple cored and chopped (I prefer Honey Crisp)
1/4 cup long grain white rice
1 chicken breast cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp French (leaf type) thyme
1/2 cup heavy cream

Sautee veggies in butter.

Add flour and curry and cook the raw out of the flour. ~ 5 minutes.

Add the broth. Mix, boil, then simmer for around 1/2 hour.

Add the chicken, rice, apple, and spices, and simmer around 20-30 minutes until the rice is cooked.

Add the cream and heat through.