SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Ham,cheese and mushroom omelets with homemade dill and onion bread,toasted.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Ham, cheese and mushroom omelets with homemade dill and onion bread, toasted.

Oh man. I used to get fresh baked round loaves of dill artisan (non-cottage cheese recipe style) bread from a local bakery but sadly they're no longer around. I LOVE that stuff. REALLY miss it.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Lamb Kebabs.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Lamb Kebabs.

Drooling…

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn it guys haven't checked thread in a few days. Y'all have been killing it recently!

Haven't been able to contribute recently because I haven't been cooking.

Belated birthday dinner out on Sunday. Rack of lamb at one of my favorite restaurants.

Honestly my own rack is better, but the sauce and tablespoon of mashed potatoes are better than mine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:

Drooling…

No kidding!

The only thing it needs are some mushrooms and zucchini, but I'd eat the hell out of that! Big Grin

Posts: 20101 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Tonight it's going to be Click Akaushi prime rib. Click is simply the town in Texas where the cattle is raised. It is still American Wagyu but these are Japanese Akaushi cattle from the Kumamoto region of Japan. The Akaushi cattle are red rather than the black cattle from the Kobe region. You can learn more and order some cuts from here if your interested. I did not order this prime rib from this web site I ordered from Click Akaushi whom right after I placed my order stopped online sales and went direct restaurant sales only.

I wanted to show you the marbling of this beef before I cooked it. I will try to remember to post pics of the finished product but once I get cooking and serving I sometimes forget about taking pics. Plan on serving it with seared scallops in a bacon sherry vinaigrette and maybe some fresh green beans. What could be bad about that!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous steak. Eek

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
That is a gorgeous steak. Eek

Isn't it? It's actually a 4.3lb roast. I thought about cutting it into steaks but I decided to leave it whole. It's dry brining right now. Plan on putting it in the Slow N Sear kettle grill indirect with a reverse sear then slice. Having my son and daughter in law and the new grandson over to share in it. Well the grandson can only watch, no teeth yet! Big Grin

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Ham, cheese and mushroom omelets with homemade dill and onion bread, toasted.

Oh man. I used to get fresh baked round loaves of dill artisan (non-cottage cheese recipe style) bread from a local bakery but sadly they're no longer around. I LOVE that stuff. REALLY miss it.

My wife and I honeymooned at Disney World over 30 years ago. I remember eating at a restaurant that had a dill bread.
When we got home I bought one of the very first bread machines available and experimented till I got something close to the bread I remember.
After a few years I stopped making bread. Even tho it was easy using the machine I just did not have the time.

Fast forward to 2020. My wife and I were at BJs wholesale club and saw they had a Hamilton Beach bread machine on sale so we bought it.
Even tho I could not find my bread recipes I started to experiment again. The Dill bread was one of those experiments.
If you want the recipe let me know and I will send it to you.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankfully I'm a much better cook than a photographer. This Akaushi prime rib was absolutely outstanding! The pan seared scallops with the bacon vinaigrette was a excellent pairing as were the steamed and seasoned green beans but nothing was going to out shine that beef.

What I started with. That marbling is crazy. Dry brined it for about seven hours and then fresh ground black pepper was all it needed.

On the grill just before being pulled for a rest. Temping at about 125.

I prepared the scallops and steamed, buttered and seasoned the green beans while the prime rib rested. By the way I want to give a Mike Trump at Oak Ridge BBQ a plug for creating his Saigon 21 rub. It's magical on vegetables and seafood I highly recommend it.

Sliced up.

Plated up and devoured joyfully.

posted Hide Post
My oh my!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First snowfall here today even though it was just a dusting on the grass. Been a shitty weather day so it's cast iron strip steak tonight.
Nothing fancy just steak, my pita bread and some adult beverages.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Delicious looking LMS!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
After seeing ScreaminCockatoo’s Chicken Fried Rice, tonight I decided to make it since I have never made or had it before. It came out pretty good.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Kind of funny. I was getting stuff prepped for dinner and chopped up a few cloves of homegrown garlic and shaved some aged for 48 months imported Parm/Reg. Just because, I took a spoonful of the garlic and a spoonful of the Parm, shoveled them into my trap and started chewing. I thought to myself, "screw the rest of dinner, I'll just eat this!" Amazing flavors! I can't recommend that Parm/Reg enough. Yeah, it's spendy, but a little bit goes a long way and it is SO good. You'll never go back to the cheap stuff.

Anywho, I did finish up the rest of dinner. Smoked Tri-tip with a pepper rub, mashed sour cream/chive spuds, both drizzled with a peppercorn/brandy/cream sauce, and some fresh/frozen green beans broiled with EVOO, garlic, and parm. Could have let the sauce thicken further, but I was hungry.

Posts: 20101 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be kebabs, did it more stir-fry style on the griddle.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skins2881:
Damn it guys haven't checked thread in a few days. Y'all have been killing it recently!

Haven't been able to contribute recently because I haven't been cooking.

Belated birthday dinner out on Sunday. Rack of lamb at one of my favorite restaurants.

Skins,I am curious what restaurant that is? I don't live to far from Loudoun

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Cherry wood smoked bacon wrapped filets.
200° for and hour and then seared over charcoal at about 600°.
God damn outstanding.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Garlic, olive oil garlic toast also.
Kingsford charcoal fueled.