SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 482 483 484 485
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
So, what is the opinion of the membership on Doxa?

I don't have any experience with them, but I know Stickman is pretty fond of his. He'll be here soon enough.

Scroll back a few pages, I know he has an orange one and a yellow.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8553 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Second post down on page 481. I like the Breitling "yellow" a little better, but both solid looking watches.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Doxa is legit. I don’t regret any of my Doxa acquisitions. As far as serious tool watches with an exemplary history goes Doxa has to be considered amongst the very best.

The Titanium Doxa Subs with tritium are my personal favorites but sadly they are not easy to find. Their Sub 300T is in my eyes one of the most comfortable, beautiful, recognizable, and iconic dive watches ever made.

It is a brand with legit history in the dive community and a serious addition to any tasteful dive watch enthusiasts collection.

One of the most memorable and best days I’ve experienced as a watch nerd so far was the day I became a Doxa Sub 800Ti Sharkhunter owner. Smile. I successfully managed to chase down my local UPS truck after missing their delivery by mere minutes. Big Grin

Doxa’s individually numbered low production run of carbon cased (yellow) Divingstar Aqualung co branded limited edition vintage 1960-70’s vintage reissue watches have been tempting me lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21245 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but that's because I've chilled out on the watch buying frenzy. I'm pretty well settled on my Maratac Titanium Pilot for daily wear. Basically nothing else has been on my wrist since I got it. It's simple, it's quick and easy to read, goes with anything I wear, and it's so light I mostly don't notice it. It keeps great time and gains maybe a minute a month or so, which I prefer to running slow. I’m also glad I picked it up on sale from the previous price, it looks like it went up another hundred bucks since then.

I think I'm good on watches now, which feels weird to say. Tried wearing the titanium Dual Crown 50 the other day and it felt light, but overly chonky on the wrist. I think I'll keep it for the changeup days, and eventually try to pick up one of their titanium divers, hopefully I can get my hands on their LSA homage, but I'm probably gonna move everything else that's in 316L. I'm spoiled for them after wearing titanium watches for six months plus. My only regret is this Pilot has 20mm lug width and I have a whole pile of NATO straps in 22mm. I guess it's time to start picking up some more NATOs in 20mm. Roll Eyes

Obligatory wrist shot:

Posts: 17703 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post