SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post

This one came running +16-18 seconds fast from factory. It has an 8L35 movement that is supposed to be an undecorated Grand Seiko movement. I didn't want to risk sending it to the Seiko service center in NJ, so I managed to regulate it myself.

Posts: 7798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vthoky:

To continue my cheap watch theme. I couldn't resist another Bulova since it was on sale. Definitely not a diver at 30m. More of a desk field watch.

Limited-time deal: Bulova Men's Military Heritage Hack Veteran's Watchmaking Initiative Watch in Stainless Steel with 3-Hand Automatic, Black NATO Leather Strap Style: 96A259 https://a.co/d/3yVmMUw

Have you seen the Bulova "Red Devil" diver? Damn! That's one beautiful watch and for $499.00?!?! Eek

https://www.jomashop.com/bulov...ns-watch-96b350.html

Nice watch but 19mm is truly evil. Frown

Posts: 3594 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vthoky:

To continue my cheap watch theme. I couldn't resist another Bulova since it was on sale. Definitely not a diver at 30m. More of a desk field watch.

Limited-time deal: Bulova Men's Military Heritage Hack Veteran's Watchmaking Initiative Watch in Stainless Steel with 3-Hand Automatic, Black NATO Leather Strap Style: 96A259 https://a.co/d/3yVmMUw

Have you seen the Bulova "Red Devil" diver? Damn! That's one beautiful watch and for $499.00?!?! Eek

https://www.jomashop.com/bulov...ns-watch-96b350.html

Nice watch but 19mm is truly evil. Frown

I agree! WTF didn't they make it with a 22mm lug width or even 20mm? Confused

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10259 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Dropped the Omega. The crown functions stopped working and the dial is cracked in many places.
Should be interesting to see what the repair bill is. They sent it in as warranty… not sure how that’ll work out.

The Longines had an issue with the crown not working very well. Been an issue since she bought it for me. It went back on warranty repair.

Down to only the IWC and the G Shock.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4320 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine gifted this Hamilton to me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kH87BBFtJZfvoCMK7

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Dropped the Omega. The crown functions stopped working and the dial is cracked in many places.
Should be interesting to see what the repair bill is. They sent it in as warranty… not sure how that’ll work out.

The Longines had an issue with the crown not working very well. Been an issue since she bought it for me. It went back on warranty repair.

Eek
Hope you get a favorable outcome

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m sorry to hear that man. Did you send it back to Omega? It must have been a hell of a drop. I dropped a NH35 powered Invicta diver from about 4 feet onto concrete. It dented the case but the watch was otherwise fine and still kept good time!

More recently I was showing my uncle my yellow dial Breitling Avenger and the chucklehead accidentally dropped the watch onto the carpeted floor of my basement. The Breitling didn’t even seem phased by the drop and still keeps great time.

I hope you get your Omega back good as new and without a hefty repair bill!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was a nasty drop. I was about to slide it on my wrist and I started to drop it. Reached to catch it and batted it into the air. Fell directly in the crystal, perfectly flat onto the tile floor on the kitchen.
The sound was sooooo loud. I knew it was fucked.

Yeah, I dropped it off at the Omega store. I pray for a good outcome.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4320 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice Hamilton, petr!

God bless America.

Posts: 13853 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is a cool looking Hamilton!! Congrats! Hamilton is one of my FAVORITE watch brands. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan for posting the picture. It is a khaki mechanical with a leather strap. I am looking into changing the strap for a longer length. For some reason, this strap is short and with the dual "hold down" rings, it is cumbersome to put on and take off.

I love the simplicity and sleekness of a field watch versus a diver, though there are some nice looking divers out there.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Doxa made a lefty sub!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:

OUCH! That's gotta hurt!
Sometimes it's not the distance of the fall, it's that it landed just right (or wrong) to jar something loose, break something.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the warranty covers it!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8519 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
A friend of mine gifted this Hamilton to me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kH87BBFtJZfvoCMK7

Great field watch!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8519 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Question as to accuracy for my Helm Komodo I purchased new in Nov/Dec 2022.

It is running slow by 12 minutes per month.

Would you consider this normal/acceptable or not?

Note I don't want to bother Matt if you think it is normal.

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
How many minutes are in a month? Big Grin

My two most recent acquisitions from Helm have kept time on par with Hamilton and Tissot divers that cost twice as much.

Yes they have varied a bit and one is better than the other but I have yet to encounter a “bad” Helm as far as time keeping. I consider +/- 8-10 seconds a day to be bad time keeping due to my OCD. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys: It is running slow by 12 minutes per month. Would you consider this normal/acceptable or not?

That's about 24 seconds per day, and no, I wouldn't find that acceptable. For a chronometer, I'd need +6/-4 seconds per day, and for a standard watch +10/-8 SPD.

Posts: 657 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Doxa made a lefty sub!

Being a lefty, I like that a lot!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15969 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stick & Brian.

I will reach out to Matt at Helm.

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post