SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else besides Ripley following IndyCar?

I do but the thread from last season seemed to go dormant.

The Iowa event had some exciting moments and even Jimmy Johnson looked like he still had some life in him a few times. He still couldn't quite pull it off, but one move he made was sort of special.
The Andretti team as a whole is looking pretty poor right now. Getting a car, any car, into the top ten is a big deal for them right now. Doesn't make it look like they are ready as an organization to dip their toes into F1.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
First details of Porsche’s buy-in of Red Bull Racing F1 Team revealed.

Porsche/Red Bull

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like Vettel has decided to retire.
Not a surprise since Aston Martin seem to be adrift and he has no better options.
Running at the back doesn’t seem to suit him and this was probably his last big paycheck.
He’s still a relatively young guy and now has a family and other interests to enjoy.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Saw where he joined his first social media platform yesterday. Heck of a way to foreshadow this announcement.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZvWjXjVfYw

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Good riddence. Maybe now he can balance his life better as a husband, father, protester, social justice warrior, political advisor, and enviromentalist because doing all of that and being a race car driver was obviously too much for him.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was really taking a liking to Seb when he left RBR
His personality was better at Ferrari, but this new attitude has turned me off to him a bit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like Vettel has decided to retire.

Took him long enough, considering how conflicted his troubled mind has been about all of that evil greenhouse gas his mid-pack at best racing were generating. Not that having a non-competitive seat had anything to do with it. No not at all, being put out to pasture and all of that.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Take this for what you will. Seb seems earnest if not more than a bit vague about his priorities now --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Not surprised - thought he would have retired sooner. He hasn’t seemed very happy this season given the representations made early on.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
George Russell stole the pole at Hungary from both Ferrari drivers. Does anyone know what happened to Verstappen's run? I haven't been able to find out what car problem he had and if it will affect his race tomorrow.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
George Russell stole the pole at Hungary from both Ferrari drivers. Does anyone know what happened to Verstappen's run? I haven't been able to find out what car problem he had and if it will affect his race tomorrow.

First run in Q3 he locked up and had a bad or no time. Second run, he had some sort of electrical problem, engine power but nothing else.
McLarens ran well there but have done that at other races this years and then nothing at the race after.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/...ull-bad-day-hungary/

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I fully expect RB to develop a solid strategy for tomorrow. This is why we race. Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
George Russell stole the pole at Hungary from both Ferrari drivers.

Russell did a better job of getting heat in his tires, in the cold weather, then they did.

Hungary is a very twisty track. If you attack too hard in Sectors 1 and 2, you won't have any grip left in Sector 3....see Latiffe having the fastest time in Sector 1 and not making it out of Q1.

Russell wasn't that fast anywhere, he was actually a couple tenths down from the Ferraris in Sector 1 & 3, but he made up the time by being consistent there and besting them in Sector 2 by just enough to have the fastest overall lap. I don't doubt that his past experience hustling the Williams around tracks served him well getting heat into the tires

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs a new strategy ‘n tactics team…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Other than the basic design of their car, the Mercedes team is performing way above expectations in all other areas.
Great strategy and then two drivers that can execute to perfection.
Ferrari can't seem to help shooting themselves in the foot. Either the cars have some technical problem, the drivers screw up or the strategy.
Red Bull seem to have half of the team performing, the other half is hit or miss.
I didn't get why McLaren went for the hard tires, except they have the mindset that Alpine is their target. This weekend they had the pace, at least in Norris, to challenge Mercedes but were unwilling to make a try so they went with the Alpine tire choice and looked pretty average in the race.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that Ferrari strategy is being handled by Make-A-Wish kids.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Seems to me that Ferrari strategy is being handled by Make-A-Wish kids.

But those kids can still think with precious few laps left, whereas Ferrari otoh …

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
According to Toto post-race, Ferrari only had softs and hards left, they'd misfigured the previous day. Too much race left for CL to go with softs last stop, they were already screwed. Don't know if that's the case but nothing else explains going with the hards at the end.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's probably a good thing that the old man is long dead and buried because heads would've rolled under his watch a LONG time ago considering the Charlie Foxtrot that Ferrari F1 has shown themselves to be this season. One thing's for certain: the whole lot of them at Ferrari are extremely good at embarrassing themselves.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post