SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
KMag out at Haas at end of 24 season

I missed that, but Liberty Media needs to be KMag's sugar daddy and makes sure he gets a ride for next year. That man saved at least 2 races from being deadly boring and all he got was penalty points for his trouble.

I also think Max overtook the Hamster for whiniest crybaby on the radio with this performance. I think we're also seeing Max starting to crack under pressure, and McLaren is now about 50 points behind and closing fast.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Max definitely turned on diva mode. Still shocked he was able to continue on after Red Bull gave him wings Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Looks like we get to start using the British "whinging" again each race for Maxiepad.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
And since we missed this:

Guessing it'll be predictable, but should be a fun watch.
I remember them filming during one of the race weekends last season.

I like the music

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mattia Binotto to replace Seidl at Sauber/Audi

Effective 8/1

No points for 11-20 place

Not surprising, would dilute the prize money for the teams if the mid/back runner started getting points.

DeadpoolWolverine livery for Alpine at Spa

Remove the Wolverine slashes & you could mistake it for last year's AlfaSauber

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Are those Wolverine slashes or the Monster Energy logo?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Considering it's a Deadpool/Wolverine livery, I'm guessing Wolverine.
Is Monster an Alpine sponsor?

posted Hide Post
Well at least there's no Mickey Mouse ears anywhere to be seen...yet.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ocon to partner Bearman at Haas

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Max also has to take an engine penalty at Spa this weekend.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Max also has to take an engine penalty at Spa this weekend.

Saw that, too.
Barely past the midpoint of the season. Could see more grid drops for him by the end. And with the frontrunners closing the gap, could put the WDC into a fun to watch fight.

As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruno Famin out at Alpine at end of August

I wonder if ol’ Flavio will step up and assume the head roll.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people feel fortunate when they get a second chance in life or a career. Briatore is what, working in his fourteenth, maybe fifteenth? So many times that even cats are envious.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Russell made a one stop work to win from P6, and then gets DQ’d for the car being underweight. Someone’s head needs to roll at Merc.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Say it ain't so.

After such a great race, to end it (after it had ended) that way.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Russell would have been a point or two behind Hammy on the season, now something under 30. I gotta say George and Lando both have had more than their shares of snakebites. Confused

Reading some more on this, the question is asked how is a car legal for qualy and parc ferme be underweight the next day? It's suggested George's extra long last stint may have worn off that much more rubber.

Autosport forum -
https://forums.autosport.com/t...-dsq-spa-2024-split/

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Reading some more on this, the question is asked how is a car legal for qualy and parc ferme be underweight the next day? It's suggested George's extra long last stint may have worn off that much more rubber.

That is my understanding also.

He went the race with just 1 stop, so there was more wear on the tires. Then unlike other races where the drivers go another lap picking up rubber off the track before returning to the pits, Here they go tothe end of the straight and make a U-turn to return to the pits. his car was only 1.5KG light

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14245 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They are required to have a specific amount of fuel in the car for a testing sample and I think the minimum weight is measured empty (?). Vettel was disqualified a few years ago for having less than the minimum sample.
It isn’t as simple as just rolling across the scales as you come off the track.
Also, the car was only 3.3 lbs. light and that’s about a lap and a half worth of fuel at racing speed.
You need to have a hard number in the rules because every one pushes the limits. They changed to a one stop on the fly during the race and probably forgot about the extra tire wear making the tires lighter. I think he was the only car to do one stop so that clearly wasn’t expected.
Weighing the car on the official scales during the weekend is done to ensure this doesn’t happen but when you’re operating at fine margins these things can happen.
Too bad because it was a great job by the team to have a one-two finish when no one expected it.

Russell took the chance because otherwise he would have been fifth at best. Hamilton didn’t need to because he had an almost sure win and didn’t want to take the risk. Had they done the same an had to pit again they would’ve thrown the race away and looked like fools doing it.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I believe you were right, the weight is after giving a fuel sample and draining the rest of the fuel out of the car. The idea is, you can’t use fuel as ballast.

Ted Kravitz actually noted this as well in his post race segment.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post