SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the layout/runoff of Paul Ricard, and being very flat IIRC, make for a yawner the last few seasons.
Hopefully the ground effect will be strong & stable with such a flat track

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Paul Ricard is a great test track because there's tons of different layouts to do whatever you want, but none of them make a great race because it's easy as a viewer to get lost with all the different possible layouts to keep track of the one they're using.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Paul Ricard is a great test track because there's tons of different layouts to do whatever you want, but none of them make a great race because it's easy as a viewer to get lost with all the different possible layouts to keep track of the one they're using.

Being an expanse of featureless (except the striping) concrete doesn't help either.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Funny thing about Paul Ricard is that it's partially owned by one Mr. Bernard Ecclestone. Speaking of the 91 year old that stated he'd take a bullet for Putin:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/...eas-assets/10336833/

Ex-F1 Boss Ecclestone Charged with Fraud Over £400m of Overseas Assets

Ex-Formula 1 ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone has been charged with fraud by false representation over £400 million of overseas assets.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was happy for Haas, and especially young Mic. Maybe he is learning the car better and more comfortable with it. Poor Sainz, if he didn't have bad luck, he would have no luck at all. I was hoping for a Ferrari 1-2 to even things up and make the fight even stronger.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
so was there actually any racist, homophobic, comments made? I cant find actual evidence of anything other than the fans 'cheered' when Lewis crashed and then he tweeted about the racism and homophobic fans.

I am still looking and I just cant find it, I think They said mean words to Lewis. 'They' being the mysterious underground of two drunk a-holes. Way to create a shit media storm, you frickin fragile twat.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I heard something in the pre-race about some fans being dealt with, bit they didn't get into any detail that I noticed.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Besides being mocked for being a Lewis fan, a woman in the stands got a hand under her skirt that wasn't asked for. Not sure if the story was verified or not, but that seems to be the current outrage.

Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, what a bunch of crybabies. You go to the RedBull home track and wear Mercedes gear?

Open Season.

Try going to a Eagles game and wear Washington gear

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Based on all of the orange smoke bombs that were set off during the weekend, I'm convinced that the Dutch are the rednecks of Europe. Their version of rolling smoke, if you will.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Based on all of the orange smoke bombs that were set off during the weekend, I'm convinced that the Dutch are the rednecks of Europe. Their version of rolling smoke, if you will.

During the formation lap, it was so thick around 6/7 that you couldn't even see the grandstand.
I'd be a little pissed if I paid $$$ for race tickets & had to deal with that.
I guess that's to be expected in Austria & Zandvoort, though.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Holy cow, what a bunch of crybabies. You go to the RedBull home track and wear Mercedes gear?

Open Season.

So if you're a female fan in the wrong gear, it's all right with you if fans of another driver call you names, grab you, start groping you and reaching up your skirt?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

Open Season.

So if you're a female fan in the wrong gear, it's all right with you if fans of another driver call you names, grab you, start groping you and reaching up your skirt?

Obviously, that goes too far.

I'm a MB fan, less so since VB moved on, but I'd expect a bit of rivalry 'hazing' being at the Reb Bull Ring in MB gear.
Obviously, there's a difference between some team loyalty 'hazing' & assault/unwanted contact.

Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Obviously, there's a difference between some team loyalty 'hazing' & assault/unwanted contact.

That is apparently what the comments and outrage is about.

When Merc team found out what happened to her, they invited her down into the paddock for a tour

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if it was just heckling you could tell them to stop being a soft skinned bitch, but when you start groping and feeling up a woman without permission, you've entered an entirely unacceptable situation.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
you've entered an entirely unacceptable situation.

Apparently not in the NFL.

Seriously, as an Auburn fan we are obviously part of one of the most intense rivalries on Earth. Even with that, people who get that out of hand should get called out, stopped or restrained by their OWN friends and fans, let alone the others around.

While this was the most high profile issue, if I had to venture a guess I'd say there were likely more verbal shenanigans at play as well.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Apparently not in the NFL.

You've not experienced life wearing a Chiefs jersey at a Radiers game in Oakland. Talk about a group of savages...

Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

That is apparently what the comments and outrage is about.

When Merc team found out what happened to her, they invited her down into the paddock for a tour

Obviously, if sexual battery and assault is happening then that nullifies my comment and I hope the perps are charged.
My point was I could not find a story on what happened and to who, and to whom would be charged for what. It was just a bunch of "we stand together" and "we race as one" crap and I get real annoyed at that.

Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
My point was I could not find a story on what happened and to who, and to whom would be charged for what. It was just a bunch of "we stand together" and "we race as one" crap and I get real annoyed at that.

Liberty Media Corp and the local race promoters are pretty good at keeping negative issues out of the news.

I'm don't know where you heard about it or what sources you've checked, but I've read it on the Twitter feed of three separate teams (other than Merc) about how such behavior shouldn't be acceptable in F1

I read more details about the incident from Will Buxton, who has always proven creditable

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Here's the story on ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/...-stay-away-want-here

It also included racist/homophobic/other slurs used in the stands, but also this quote from the lady:

quote:
She wrote: "I had a dress on yesterday and a group of 5 Dutch fans lifted up my dress and when I confronted them they said no Hamilton fan deserves any respect at all."

Talk is cheap, but that crosses the line.