SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So what does this mean for Lando when they bring Piastri?
Lando has been looked as their next star but Piastri has the same promise.

In any case, I hope Daniel lands somewhere that’s not a back row car. Maybe Alpine.

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lando's shown he can put the car near the front, we'll see how he does as a team leader.

Also going to be interesting to see how the revised floor rules will affect teams over the rest of the season.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This story is 3 weeks old, but… “Lewis Hamilton joins the Denver Broncos ownership group.”

Link

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Spa FP1!
Withdrawals subsiding.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Official: Audi joining F1 in 2026

Alfa ending Sauber partnership after 2023

Audi/Sauber in 2026?
Hopefully the loss of Alfa doesn't stifle Sauber's progress in the interim.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Official: Audi joining F1 in 2026

Alfa ending Sauber partnership after 2023

Audi/Sauber in 2026?
Hopefully the loss of Alfa doesn't stifle Sauber's progress in the interim.

Sauber will be 75% owned by Audi before then. Maybe more if the present owner cashes out.

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So much for the technical directive mixing up the grid and the Mercedes making a great leap up in speed.
Should be exciting tomorrow with the mixed up grid due to the penalties.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
Even without the penalties, I was really happy for Albon putting the Williams into Q3

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sporting News was nice enough to give us the starting positions for tomorrow's race:

Belgian Grand Prix 2022 provisional starting grid

1 Carlos Sainz
2 Sergio Perez
3 Fernando Alonso
4 Lewis Hamilton
5 George Russell
6 Alexander Albon
7 Daniel Ricciardo
8 Pierre Gasly
9 Lance Stroll
10 Sebastian Vettel
11 Nicholas Latifi
12 Kevin Magnussen
13 Yuki Tsunoda
14 Valtteri Bottas*
15 Max Verstappen*
16 Charles Leclerc*
17 Esteban Ocon*
18 Lando Norris*
19 Zhou Guanyu*
20 Mick Schumacher*

Hopefully the FIA doesn't fuck us over this year like last time and actually gives us a race more than 6 yellow laps long and gives out half points while convinetly skipping over it on the next Drive To Survive season.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Give credit where it is due: Hamilton fess up and said it was his fault he tried to join the Space Force over Alonso's left front wheel. I also feel kind of sorry for Carlos Sainz. I don't know if the Red Bulls were that good or Ferrari strategy was that bad (probably both), but getting passed by both Red Bulls (including Max starting 15th) and contemplating a 3rd stop to not get overtaken by George Russell? Not cool.

Like mentioned in the commentary, if I was Alpine, I'd be trying to snag Pierre Gasly before accepting defeat and resigning Daniel Riccardo. All Riccardo did was go backwards while Lando Norris snags the only points for McLaren. Just because you're better than Latifi doesn't mean you deserve a spot on the grid next year.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Give credit where it is due: Hamilton fess up and said it was his fault he tried to join the Space Force over Alonso's left front wheel...

Agreed that owning up was the thing to do. That said, Lew mentioned a blind spot a couple times. I don't buy it, with all his years at the wheel, he knew exactly where Alonso was. I could only speculate why LH chose to be so aggressive so early but aggressive he was.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
One thing I was thinking about. And I am just speculating here.

LH is used to folks backing off. I am not wanting to take away from what Verstrappen did, but dang some of the cars were just like, 'im out" and moved over. In the past, I have seen that happen to LH as well.

If LH was 'in' it and racing for the championship, maybe Alonso lifts there, and allows himself to get pinched.

Just my thought. Alonso raced him for the spot, and LH nearly took them both out. I just wonder if Lewis expected him to lift and not be there.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Some of the other drivers probably would've lifted & gave LH the corner.
I wouldn't expect that from Alonso, especially since the Alpine is actually near par with the Merc, overall.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
All true, with add'l factor of LH giving zero fucks after their "upgrades" weren't.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Speaking of credit where credit is due, I am not a Max fan, but damn, that guy and that car are on another level.

To start 14th and have the lead by lap 12 and then to make it look like an easy Sunday drive... he put on a clinic.

Posts: 2291 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Max was the man and RB had given him the car!!! It was just his day, and it was his race to lose.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Speaking of credit where credit is due, I am not a Max fan, but damn, that guy and that car are on another level.

To start 14th and have the lead by lap 12 and then to make it look like an easy Sunday drive... he put on a clinic.

Agreed, and I don't like Verstappen or Red Bull that much, but they are the bee's knees this year.

But it made for a boring race.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I will say the helmet cam on Sainz is one of the coolest things gs I have seen.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Since the halo was introduced, we lost the shoulder height cam that was used on occasion. Loved that perspective.

The helmet cam is even better, give a more real feel than the stabilized car-mounted cameras.
Though I suspect the driver's view isn't quite as rough as the camera suggests.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Though I suspect the driver's view isn't quite as rough as the camera suggests.

I don't know. Ferrari is one of those teams that fast AND porpoising a lot.