SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bahrain Preseason Testing: Day 1 Highlights

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bahrain Preseason Testing: Day 2 Highlights

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...aCjo8ZVK0npWRGs.html

quote:
​​​​​​​
Daniel Ricciardo has tested positive for Covid-19 but is set to be released in time for the season opening race in Bahrain.

The McLaren driver felt unwell on Wednesday, the day before running at the Bahrain International Circuit began, and initially returned negative tests.

However on Friday, after day two of the test was completed, McLaren revealed the Australian has now returned a positive PCR test.

The team say he is continuing to isolate in accordance with local regulations.

They added: “Under these regulations Daniel will be released in time for next weekend’s Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix. Daniel is already beginning to feel better, and we wish him well for a quick recovery.” Ricciardo said on social media: “Better this week than next…

“Unfortunate to miss the test, but I’m starting to feel better. I’ll stay isolated and just focus on next weekend.

“Big thanks to Lando & McLaren for the heavy lifting, I owe you some beers (milk for Lando).

“Appreciate the well wishes from everyone as well.”

Norris will drive all day on Saturday – the final day of the test – having fulfilled driving duties on the opening two days, where McLaren struggled with brake issues and managed just over 100 laps in total.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bahrain Preseason Testing: Day 3 Highlights

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Sir Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier

Lewis Hamilton changing his name to include mother's surname Larbalestier, hopes to race with it

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larbalestier is going to be his middle name, it won’t be a hyphenated last name. Absolutely no one will use that name to refer to him.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Who is gonna win the race on Sunday?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
He’ll always be Chinstrap to me

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Who is gonna win the race on Sunday?

Leclerc! Forza Ferrari!

Posts: 478 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ferrari seems to be a stronger contender, based on testing times.
Mercedes (either sandbagging or true) are claiming the W13 isn't ready/competitive.

Hoping Alfa has some improvements come lights out on Sunday.

We'll see where things stand after FP2.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’ll put early money on RB.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do think Merc had some real issues during the last test, so it’s not all a mind game. But, I think it’s something they can, and will, fix. The question is how soon.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I’m also hoping Alfa makes a good showing and the Albon in the Williams does well.

Wasn’t Ferrari having the worst porpoising issues during testing?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
What if porpoising turns out to be faster? I know it won't, but imagine if it was! Big Grin

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Races would look like salmon spawning. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
What if porpoising turns out to be faster? I know it won't, but imagine if it was! Big Grin

It is faster than raising the ride height…and I remember on of the Ferrari drivers saying they wouldn’t trade speed for comfort.

I would think the greatest distraction would be setting up for the corner while bouncing up and down or trying to defend into a corner.

Macca seems to have the least problem as their floor vortices seem to be sealing well.

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Vettel out this week with Covid.
The Hulk in as his replacement.
Seems like a nice guy but it would be nice if a youngster could get a shot for once. There are several right now that could use a call from the bullpen as a tryout.
Nico’s day has passed except as a sub.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I am going to wake up tomorrow morning to DVR recording some P1 and P2!

F1 begins!

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
I am sooooo ready for F1 to get going!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
13 hrs to FP1!