SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching DTS, just to get in the mood.
As always, some drama played up for the show but overall, pretty well done.
Much more real than any movie ever made about the sport.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
But it does shows they are massive pussies for completely ignoring Spa. God forbid we make ourselves look bad. That's for the teams to do! Roll Eyes

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FP2 for Bahrain.

Max 1st, Ferraris 2nd and 3rd. Russell 4th and Hammy 9th. Bottas in the Alfa was 6th, even though he sat out almost all of FP1 due to an engine problem.

Bottas in an Alfa beat Hammy in a Merc. Plus, MSC in a Haas was 1 place ahead of Hammy. I’ll let that sink in.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looking like the Ferrari PU has some fight. We'll see what quali brings.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just remember, none of this counts until Q1 starts. Then we’ll start to see who has what.
The first several races will have lots of development.
Kmag and Hulkenberg did pretty good and it sure mixed things up, at least for today.
One thing we won’t see there is rain.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
After FP2 results:

5/6 Ferrari cars in the top 10

2/8 MB cars in the top 10
Bottom 5 all MB power

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed for an anyone other than MB season. So far, so good.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that it is early in the season, but I was more than pleased with the Q3 results......Ferrari, Haas,RB.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be a spicy race tomorrow between Ferrari and RBR. Hammy could only manage 5th, but wait, who’s that next to him? It’s Bottas, but Bottas drives an Alfa now. His Merc replacement could only manage 9th. K-Mag, who hadn’t driven the car before yesterday morning is 7th.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wasn't bad, unless cheering for Red Bull.

Should make for an interesting Monday there.

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The cars could race well so that's good.
Great comeback run for KMag.
Some head scratching for the Honda/Red Bull powertrain guys.
Parts were exciting, others not so much. Wild at the end.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Good race, lots of tire strategy.

Both Alfa in the points.

Happy with the podium as it stood.

All of the MB cars looked be at a deficit on pace.

Not a good day for RBPT.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
It was interesting to hear complaints about brakes from teams other than Macca.

They went through a bunch to tires in a hurry

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the cars be able to follow as if wake turbulence isn't a problem and the DRS seemed to be just about the right amount.
Too bad there isn't an easy fix for a place like Monaco.
I don't understand what went wrong at McLaren. Up until qualifying they didn't look too bad and Riccardo's lack of running didn't help but Hulkenberg and Magnussen didn't seem to have a big problem with no seat time.
Nice to see Magnussen's result but his best ever was his very first race if I remember right.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

Who is Macca? I’ve been following F1 for over 20 years and have never heard that term.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:

Who is Macca? I’ve been following F1 for over 20 years and have never heard that term.

Guessing McLaren?

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That was as good as an IndyCar race. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an F1 race as good. Supposedly, Red Bull had a fuel pump failure that took out Verstappen and Perez, and might have caused Gasly’s retirement. I’m really looking forward to Saudi Arabia with it being a much tighter track. This will be a really good test for the new cars.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Supposedly, Red Bull had a fuel pump failure that took out Verstappen and Perez, and might have caused Gasly’s retirement.

I've only had time to skim some comments so only so informed but yeah, the fuel pump was a known issue from at least qualifying and that pump is one of those sealed units controlled by FIA. Finger pointing to come I guess.

That said, the announce team's negativity toward RB was suffocating. Nothing new about that but jeez, guys, take a pill.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I loved Toto's comment after the race when they asked him about going to hard tires. "Yeah, we stuck our hand in the toilet on that one."

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Another change I didn't know about was mentioned after a pit stop. The tire blanket temperature has been lowered some from last year.

I think it was when Hamilton came out on the hards and was sliding around a lot. They said they are intending to get rid of the warmers all together at some point.

Indycar does fine without them so I don't see why they don't just ban them. They are only a benefit when the first teams started using them and once universal, just another needless expense.