SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 230
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Haas Suspends Ural Kali - Runs White Livery

Temporary, I'm sure, but the Haas will run day 3 without the Red/Blue colors on the car.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
4secs a lap slower … yay!

2021 Fastest Race Lap at Barcelona: 1:18:149
2021 Pole Position at Barcelona: 1:16:741

2022 Preseason Testing Day 1: 1:19:568
2022 Preseason Testing Day 2: 1:19:689

Looks like 1.5 seconds slower

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I suspect the scalper market for Russian GP tickets is weakening at this moment.
Meanwhile they're striping the graphics off the Haas transporters and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some action on futures for the other seat.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/...le-livery-barcelona/

Back to the on track action. Still hard to tell who has the speed this week. Maybe the next real test will give us a better idea.
I suspect Red Bull and Mercedes will still be at or close to the front but having McLaren and Ferrari there too would be nice.

If the cars are only showing as 1.5 seconds slower at this point, it won't be long before they are faster than last years cars.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
We’re also not sure how much fuel they’re running in these sessions. The biggest accomplishment is that everyone is running and made it on time.

I’m also wondering depending on how this Russia thing plays out if Andretti ends up buying Haas and saving $250 million on a new team buy-in.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Read an article earlier that drivers are stating that following is a lot easier until you're right on the tail of the leading car. Hopefully, the smaller overall size & the better following ability translates to some good on track action.

Also read that they're fighting porpoising from ground effect loss due to either stalling the air under the car, or changes/undulations in the track surface then the rapid recovery of ground effect as the car settles.
That, combined with the smaller tire sidewalls & associated suspension adjustments, along with this porpoising, should make for some interesting developments.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Day 2 testing highlights

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Official F1 Statement on Russian GP

quote:

The FIA Formula 1 World Championship visits countries all over the world with a positive vision to unite people, bringing nations together.

We are watching the developments in Ukraine with sadness and shock and hope for a swift and peaceful resolution to the present situation.

On Thursday evening Formula 1, the FIA, and the teams discussed the position of our sport, and the conclusion is, including the view of all relevant stakeholders, that it is impossible to hold the Russian Grand Prix in the current circumstances.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Most interesting part of this article on HAAS future and sponsorship challenges is the comment speculating this may be a pathway for Andretti to get in.

WTF1 article on HAAS and Mazepin

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I hope so. It would keep the only American F1 team American, and more of Andretti’s capital could be spent upgrading what Haas has now.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also could get behind Andretti buying out Haas and running an F1 team. They would NOT be satisfied with running last in the field!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Russian GP cancelled

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Day 3 Testing Highlights

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
4secs a lap slower … yay!

2021 Fastest Race Lap at Barcelona: 1:18:149
2021 Pole Position at Barcelona: 1:16:741

2022 Preseason Testing Day 1: 1:19:568
2022 Preseason Testing Day 2: 1:19:689

Looks like 1.5 seconds slower

Hamilton on day 3: 1:19:138

Teams probably still getting the cars dialed in. I expect that time will be ever lower when the Spanish GP rolls around.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Alfa Romeo C42 - Sans camo

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve long thought Alfa’s livery was the coolest of the F-1’s; this year is no exception. I’d like to see them up near the front. Maybe the team will put Bottas in a competitive car, but they had rather inauspicious testing in Barcelona. Not good so far.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure '22 is going to be Alfa's year.
We'll see how they look at Bahrain testing.

I like the C42 livery, but miss the cross/dragon.

My wife thinks the C42 looks too 'cartoony' with the Alfa script.

Read an article earlier that Bottas isn't overly concerned with the porpoising, so hopefully they have a plan in the works & the updated Ferrari PU is competitive.
Ferrari performance at Barcelona looks promising.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the C42 livery, but miss the cross/dragon.

Me too

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Read elsewhere that the Alfa script is a throwback to the 80s
IMO, they should've kept with the Alfa logo, and used the throwback for a one-off livery for Imola or Monza.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Briefly thought about picking up the Lego McLaren that went live today.
Kind of a hybrid 21/22 car. Looks like the 22 chassis with the 21 colors on it.
As of 8AM central, it was on backorder status.
Saved me $200

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pro...ula-1-race-car-42141

posted Hide Post
Glad the only "American" team is now cleared to keep it's Russian driver. smh

Hope Andretti manages to buy them or join and give us a real American team.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post