SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mazepin said he’d race under a neutral flag, as if that was his real problem. A little out of touch with reality.
He’s a 100% pay driver and there will be no way for his father to pay the funds now so no money, no ride. Simple as that.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
F1 should take a harder look at Canada instead of BLM

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Imola: Contract through 2025

quote:

The Formula 1 Rolex Grand Prix Made in Italy Emilia-Romagna, at the Enzo e Dino Ferrari International Circuit in Imola, will remain part of the Formula 1 calendar until 2025.

This follows two successful Grands Prix in Imola during the pandemic and the inclusion of the race in the 2022 championship.

Imola first hosted the Italian Grand Prix in 1980 but subsequently became the San Marino Grand Prix venue from 1981-2006.

The circuit returned as a Formula 1 venue for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in 2020.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Updated Mercedes Safety/Med Cars

The Black Series Safety Car looks great, I might give a slight edge to the Aston Safety Car
Not a fan of the new AMG GT Medical Car, much prefer the C-class AMG wagon, but put either of the Mercs above the DBX Med car. Not a fan of it at all.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So who gets the Haas seat and will it be purchased by a major sponsor?
Predictions up until recently were that Uralkali would be purchasing the team at some point. Now that that's off the table, is this the opening for Andretti or someone else?
When will Gene Haas have enough of self funding a back of the grid team and cash out?
I don't see Fittipaldi as a solution. Maybe for the short term if he comes with major funding but I'm not sure that's there for him.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
So who gets the Haas seat and will it be purchased by a major sponsor?
Predictions up until recently were that Uralkali would be purchasing the team at some point. Now that that's off the table, is this the opening for Andretti or someone else?
When will Gene Haas have enough of self funding a back of the grid team and cash out?
I don't see Fittipaldi as a solution. Maybe for the short term if he comes with major funding but I'm not sure that's there for him.

Does Herta qualify for a Super License? Could lure Andretti in if they can put their guy in the seat.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
They can't catch a break.

HAAS MAY BE FORCED TO MISS DAY ONE OF BAHRAIN TESTING

Transport plane in maintenance en route. Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Does Herta qualify for a Super License? Could lure Andretti in if they can put their guy in the seat.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that Herta does not presently qualify for a F1 super license due to Indy Lights not being recognized towards one.
If it looked like Haas was going to fold and Andretti came in to the rescue, I would bet they'd find a way to make it happen but I'd bet that would be next year.
I think they are sticking with Fittipaldi for the test while negotiating with others to create a bidding war.

Wednesday morning update: K-Mag announces as replacement and will be back at Haas for the season.
I didn't see that coming.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Bet that makes Grosjean hot.
(too soon?)

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
^^^^

Bet that makes Grosjean hot.
(too soon?)

Wonder if RG was offered the seat & if he'd even want it?

I did wonder, is the engineer that made the "Kevin hit us" call in Baku still there? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I think RG is pretty happy right where he is these days. Haas could have done a lot worse than getting Kevin to come back.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
K-Mag or Hulk for more recent departures from the grid.
Not sure what some of the others are up to; Vandoorne is in FE or DTM?

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I think RG is pretty happy right where he is these days. Haas could have done a lot worse than getting Kevin to come back.

The only way Grosjean is going back to Formula 1 is with a top team drive, and all of those are full with contenders waiting in reserve. Hell, Grosjean has even said that kids should stop dreaming of F1 because in IndyCar it’s a driver’s championship instead of a constructor’s, and he’s moved his entire family over to Florida. He got bit by the IndyCar bug and got infected with America.

Stoffel is a Mercedes test driver and Formula E driver. Since Haas is a Ferrari partner team, they’d probably have to take Antonio Giovinazzi. Robert Shwartzman might be ready, but being Russian, he’d run into problems Mazepin would have (except being a massive douchebag).

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2022 Preseason Testing: Bahrain - Day 1

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mercedes pretty much chopped the sidepods off the W13

Barcelona test top, Bahrain test bottom

Screenshot of the only frontal side-by-side I've found

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

The Black Series Safety Car looks great, I might give a slight edge to the Aston Safety Car
Not a fan of the new AMG GT Medical Car, much prefer the C-class AMG wagon, but put either of the Mercs above the DBX Med car. Not a fan of it at all.

I agree with you- C-Class AMG Wagon. It's what dreams are made of. That and maybe a M5/M3 wagon stateside.

Posts: 295 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2so4:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I agree with you- C-Class AMG Wagon. It's what dreams are made of. That and maybe a M5/M3 wagon stateside.

It really is a bummer that the only C-wagon we got here was the W203 C240 with a pretty bland engine.
I loved my W205, but would've really been enamored with a longroof.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Mercedes think they were getting too much cooling for the engine. This could really bite them at the hotter places during the season where it’s not Winter/Spring conditions.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post