SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us TV series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us TV series Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
A pleasant balance of drama, suspense, and humor in episode 2. Looks like this series shouldn't disappoint.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Loving the feedback, I am going to wait for a couple more episodes to drop before I get into it but I am glad to hear that it seems to be really solid.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just finished episode 2. Oh my god I'm happy so far lol Cool Cool Cool

As a big fan of the game I gotta say, I kinda feel bad for those watching it that haven't played the game. Soooo many little things.... I was smiling within the first couple minutes of episode 1, and still smiling after episode 2.

My two cents so far.... they did good Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I'm really appreciating besides the show itself is that it's different from the game so if you haven't played it's not all spoilers. If you have played them the show is still surprising.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Having seen how they handled the situation in the end of episode 2, I prefer the TV version over the one in the game. I felt connected to the characters more than I did watching the game during that part.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it and both of the games.

Man, that was one beat M-4 that Joel picked up in Ep 2.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Christ with all this praise you guys are even raising my hopes for the Fallout show. Hopefully that blind squirrel finds two nuts. Smile

I am holding off re-starting my HBO max account to get a few episodes or most of the season out there but you guys are making me want to dive in.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The after show discussion helps explain why they made some of the changes we are seeing. Not bad. I’m still really liking the show, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not played or seen the game, but I am enjoying the show ,just peeves me when they leave perfectly good handgrenades, guns, ammo, and stuff like that behind when they truly could use it all being that it is a zombie apocalypse type show ,

Posts: 163 | Location: Murrells inlet SC | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tennisman:
I have not played or seen the game, but I am enjoying the show ,just peeves me when they leave perfectly good handgrenades, guns, ammo, and stuff like that behind when they truly could use it all being that it is a zombie apocalypse type show ,

Same here..never played the game but so far I'm continuing to watch future episodes.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I was a little disappointed in episode 3; I won’t go into great detail but the “scenario” was cringy and took up a whole episode. My kids tell me it was quite a bit different from the game and didn’t include some of the scenes ugh.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Half of that episode was forced and gag worthy, at the end the producer or director even said it wasn't in the game but made excuses as to why they "needed" to show that crap

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ep 3 is the forced woke episode to attract certain viewers.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well there you go. You just saved me investing in this crap. “Forced woke episode”. Nope and nope.

Especially stupid because in a true end of world scenario all that woke nonsense would be DOA.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Was it Bill? Bill was gay in the game. He had “his own town” so to speak? If so that was in the game.

posted Hide Post
Bills definitely gay in the game. They don't get into it too much and you can miss it but he and Frank are definitely a thing. While I did do some fast forwarding I think it was in keeping with his charector and the game as a whole. I still recommend it but I'd have the clicker nearby, you'll know it's coming.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I don’t play video games so have no knowledge of the origin, themes, and content of the source game, but strictly as a show my wife and I have really enjoyed it thus far, including last night’s episode 3…Nick Offerman did a heckuva acting job. If the above poster is correct that this gay couple is present in the game, then it seems that it’s not manufactured wokeness shoehorned in but rather a focus and expansion on the existing characters in the game, which to me seems both appropriate and the intent/spirit of the show.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Bill was implied to be sweet in the game. The show changed how Frank met his end though.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Right in the game it is more implied / an a bit of a wink wink thing but was there. It was the second game then went from wink wink and skipped over nod nod and went right to skillet over the head. Smile

I haven’t seen the show yet but like I said if you guys are talking about Bill and Frank then yeah they were gay in the original game.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the issue isn't so much that Bill and Frank are gay as it is that there's a minutes-long scene of them going to pound town, knockin' boots and swapping spit.

My other issue with the episode is that they show Bill and Frank over a period of nearly 20 years. The entire time, they've got electricity, petrol and natural gas. How?