SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us TV series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us TV series Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had to laugh at seeing the fully intact dead horse in the shed. Somehow a few men were able to drag that horse back without field dressing, quartering it up and packing it out. At first thought it seemed ridiculous that they brought the buck back intact, but the starving people probably needed to eat everything, and a deer is a whole lot lighter than a horse.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
All the gunshots, screaming, and the blazing inferno wouldn't have alerted any of the other townsfolk? Hmm...

I thought that, as well. I think that asshole leader was more feared than liked by his "flock of sheep." His main enforcer guys were all taken out by Joel and Ellie. The sheep that remained were probably cowering. Also, I don't think the rest of that group was armed. Early in the episode the leader tells his second to "go get our guns." I don't think the leader trusted his flock to be armed.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You make good points; however, in this universe, a danger to one is most likely a danger to all. Their lodge is going up in flames. Perhaps the townsfolk know there are supposed to be only two outsiders the "Father" is hunting, but it seems things have taken a turn for the worst. Maybe there weren't only two, as he said? Do they sit in their cabins waiting to be slaughtered or do they attempt to help and/or flee? At least show some people in the background.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The restaurant scene, including the fire, is from the game. They needed to end that engagement with Ellie killing David, as that is a pivotal point in Ellie's character.

In the game, Ellie escapes the butchering room and other people do indeed come help after the gunshots, but he tells them to create search parties and search the rest of the town for Ellie. I don't recall if it's because he wanted to get her alone, and didn't want anyone else to see that he had been bitten, but David tracks down Ellie on his own.

In the game, you cut back and forth playing as Ellie and Joel for this sequence. Joel is coming to rescue Ellie, and he is absolutely just fucking people up in this town and not taking names. So while Ellie is in the restaurant dealing with David, the rest of the town is busy getting murderfied by Joel. That explains why there are no people to come help with the burning building--the show doesn't show it, but I'm guessing its because the show wanted to focus on Ellie's trauma and character development, rather than on Joel's ability to kick ass (which we know and have seen).

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Bah! I wanna see cultists getting slaughtered!

In any case, two episodes left. I hope next week isn't another flashback episode. Those tend to be less interesting/more controversial than the ones taking place in the current day.

Also, for those who want to play the game, the remake will be releasing on the 28th, so the week after the show's finale. Excellent timing on their part.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
In any case, two episodes left.

Just one episode left. The upcoming is the season finale.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Here's a 22 minute playthrough of that section of the game....

https://youtu.be/FDk5_XckyvI

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
quote:
In any case, two episodes left.

Just one episode left. The upcoming is the season finale.

Ah, my bad. I was basing it off the fact that IMDB says Pedro and Bella are in 10 episodes but one of those episodes turns out to be a series preview or something.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
On a fun side note, Troy Baker, the voice of Joel in the game, played James. James was the right-hand man of David whom Ellie killed with the cleaver while escaping the kitchen. Smile

Supposedly, the voice actor for Ellie will be in the next episode.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That last episode went by way too quickly...

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ashley Johnson voiced Ellie in the game played Anna in the finale.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were a few exciting and interesting moments, but in my opinion it was a very underwhelming series.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Of course the church people are a cannibal cult and the preacher a pedophile.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Of course the church people are a cannibal cult and the preacher a pedophile.

Yeah that modification wasn't lost on me. Him being a pedophile is in the game but they arent a religious group. I feel like I'm just watching it to finish it out but I've been annoyed with it for a while.

They are pumping it up as focusing on the human story but they are not only revising it for the worst but their woke messaging has, as usual, completely sidetracked them from what made the story great. That combined with what appears to be budget cutting measures such as barely any infected and less bad guys in general that they face leaves the main characters as less heroic and less against the odds. Ellie really shows competency in the woods after Joel gets hurt in colorado. In this version she has it out with basically one dude. I could go on but why bother. I defended the third ep but I think a lot of that was foolish optimism. The show is a swing and a miss for the reasons above, atleast for me.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We also got us some pedolezbo action in the mall flashback.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Just not very compelling series at all. What little there was is also in every other zombie/apocalypse type movie or show or book. Nothing groundbreaking, not great writing, and plenty of dumb tactics which drive me crazy. Add in all the gay and I won't be watching S2.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Had the stupid idea of start watching this.

Played the original game and found it exceptional. In fact, bought a PS just so i could play the game and sold the console afterwards.

The series started slow and completely unremarkable, then i reached the Bill and Frank episode.

WTF?

AFAIK, this wasn’t in the game. Completely unnecessary and the end of the series as far as i am concerned.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post