SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us TV series
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us TV series Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I gave this show 2 weeks of viewing. That was more than enough crap for me.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I heard they're changing the title of the show to The Assed of Us.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
For those that played the game, did anyone else make really darn sure that you got the "Ellie got Jokes" trophy?

I had a whole playthrough specifically for that one. Was no way I was missing it Cool

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I knew they would add extra gay but the game was amazing and it’s not like they changed Bill just to make him gay. I could’ve done without the beard grinding but it was still a good episode.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I was curious why they had to detour into the city when it looked like their truck could have easiest made it up the embankment in order to cross the road blockage—wait, I’m applying logic again.

Interesting piece of trivia (SPOILER ALERT), the woman leading the city dwellers is played by an actor whose last two projects were apocalypse-themed. I smell type-casting.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I am disappointed with Episode 3 in that they spent a lot of time developing what I thought would be two very interesting characters only to kill them off before they even interacted with the main characters.

I thought Episode 3 was very good. But I failed to see why it was necessary to advance the plot.

Think of it like a side quest in a game. It doesn't advance the main plot, but tells a mini-story in the main story.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’m only 2 eps in now but holy hell did they NAIL the aesthetic and damn near copied parts of the game 1:1. It’s honestly amazing what they have done and some very talented folks worked on this.

If I had one gripe 2 eps in it would be I don’t love the casting of Ellie. I like her portrayal but I don’t like the casting for some reason. This is not a dig on the actress as like I said she is doing a wonderful job her look is just a little off to me.

Joel is spot on and Tess is excellent. The new way the spores transmit is legit creepy but I suspect it was done more to keep the actors out of gas masks through several parts of the show. I think I like the “fear” of airborne spores better but I get the change and it works.

All in its by far the best video game adaption bar none, right down to rooms/props matching the game.

All in all extremely well done show. The clickers were awesome and the whole museum scene is spot on.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One other thing I like is the firearms when used have “weight” to them. They are loud, have some bass to them. The .357 sounds like a .357 and not like a canned effect from a sound board.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I’m only 2 eps in now but holy hell did they NAIL the aesthetic and damn near copied parts of the game 1:1. It’s honestly amazing what they have done and some very talented folks worked on this.

Some scenes looked like they were framed using the video game as their story board. Props to the show, but also props to the game developers for making a game that was so cinematic in such a natural and compelling way.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are videos on YouTube comparing scenes side-by-side between the game and show with some of the dialogue being exact down to the timing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Bill and Frank episode.
-It’s 30-35 min too long
-I don’t have a problem with them fleshing out the Bill character but this episode was OBVIOUSLY somebody’s pet project.
-Offerman is a pretty amazing actor.
-Wish they had kept more of the game’s storyline here and just given a little more insight into Bill and Frank, not because I give a shit about the gay storyline but simply because tonally this was a jarring episode. Well done, well acted but out of place. They could have gotten the same point across by simply fleshing out the games story point.
-I really have a taste for rabbit now. Smile
-Once again I was really taken aback at how well acted this was.
-Every time there is a gay type scene in anything all I can think is “Jesus, how can women possibly like us. Smile).

Episode 4 is back on point.
Again damn near perfect story points and art direction/set design etc.
I still don’t like how Ellie looks. Again this is no fault of the actress it’s just me, but the portrayal is spot on.
The show is doing a far better job showing “the miles” on Joel and just how tough of a son of bitch he is and his drive to survive. It’s also doing a great job of showing the regrets he has. Pedro Pascal is nailing it.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What do bears do in the woods?

Well, that question got answered.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I was curious why they had to detour into the city when it looked like their truck could have easiest made it up the embankment in order to cross the road blockage—wait, I’m applying logic again.

Interesting piece of trivia (SPOILER ALERT), the woman leading the city dwellers is played by an actor whose last two projects were apocalypse-themed. I smell type-casting.

Why go through it at all? I mean, they have a map. Why risk going through ANY potentially populated area?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Why go through it at all? I mean, they have a map. Why risk going through ANY potentially populated area?
You never know. There might be some hairy ass in there to poke.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

this! Rule #1 would be go where other people are not. I understand they need some kind of resupply source but right through a large downtown? Dumb.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What do bears do in the woods?

Well, that question got answered.

/GOLFERS CLAP=ON/ Smile

posted Hide Post
I too looked at the embankment and thought well hell I'd just run up one side and down the other. I thought that was where the ambush would be.

I preferred the game's take on it where Joel sees the ambush potential, says F it and takes it, leaning on it being a shortcut. He knows better, does it anyways and it bites him which was a human choice. I can see going around for an easy path and getting ambushed directly, driving through the city was Bananas. Definitely out of character.

A friend is playing the game simultaneously and I think I'm going to recommend playing through Henry and Sams story in game before the episodes with them which are quite obviously where we are with the show.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I may have to watch the scene over, but doesn't Joel say he's just going back up the exit, and then right back on the other side of the tunnel?

Given the choice between driving up the embankment on street tires (in what Joel considers a shitty truck) vs just going up the offramp, across the street, and then back down the onramp, the later would realistically be a better choice. A lot of trucks (especially laden with gear, as evidence by discussion fr the ambushers) couldn't make the break over angle of an embankment with a curb.

They didn't intend to drive through the city. Ellie got them lost because "it's only her second day in a car" and she has no idea how to read a map. Why didn't Joel look at the map himself? Because Ellie had been map reading just fine while on the highway (Joel even frustratedly tells Ellie she's looking at the wrong map and needs to go to the city inset)

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That underpass is physically impossible, anyway. When Joel looks under the SaraLee truck through the tunnel, there's nothing visible on the other side even though in the wide shots the city stretches for miles beyond it. And before the road dips down to the underpass it is even with the embankment, so Joel could have easily just gone over it.

posted Hide Post
The third episode, I just fast forwarded pretty much the entire episode. I don't want to watch 2 guys in love and then showing them in bed and doing whatever. No reason for it other than someone to follow/promote an agenda.

Also, I am no prude but there is an awful lot of swearing for no reason other than to just do it. It bothers me that they have the young girl doing it just because. I get she is older in real life but the character, and she even looks like it, is supposedly 14 y/o.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post