SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

God-awful silhouette you got there-

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, look at where that muzzle is pointing. That 'update' is gonna turn into a 'recall' fer sure. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Oh dear, look at where that muzzle is pointing. That 'update' is gonna turn into a 'recall' fer sure. Razz

It's coming down at only 27 degrees...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The range master at my local range personally dropped a 320 at the 30 deg angle 20 times without any problems so the range has no problem with us shooting them. I am going to continue to shoot mine until the shipping label arrives when ever that is. Then I will send it in for the upgrade. If it shoots differently when I get it back I will trade it for a M&P with night sights. That's all I know to do until then.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Just shot an upgraded P320 FS today. Sig had a demo for local LE and I thought I'd give it a whirl. Shot about the same but with maybe a subtle grittiness / mushiness to it.

I'm going to hope & pray that one's an outlier.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Just shot an upgraded P320 FS today. Sig had a demo for local LE and I thought I'd give it a whirl. Shot about the same but with maybe a subtle grittiness / mushiness to it.

I'm going to hope & pray that one's an outlier.

In terms of trigger quality, I can only theorize one area of the upgrade most likely to cause any issue. That's the disconnector (spring tension) actuated by the lever (friction) actuated by the trigger bar (friction). You have a mechanical chain there, unlike simply changing component weights.

That mechanical linkage is one of the reasons some folks don't like Series '80 versus '70 1911's. However, I have a Series '80 and still find it to be a good trigger.

See link to Mechanical Disconnector Update pics:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
quote:

God-awful silhouette you got there-

Ouch, my feels. I worked so hard on it for several minutes.

I was just having a laugh on the "Let it go" idea, not trying to make "graphic art." Anyone is welcome to spend the time to do a neater one if they like.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might want to start another "Frozen P320 Drop Test" thread. The new variable in the testing protocol will have to take sub-freezing temperatures into consideration. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Send SIG a nasty note if you like. Give CS a call and some poor person a hard time if you want. But really, investing any time being worried or upset, is not time well spent. If your time is valuable, you should recognize this.

I just spent a few minutes catching up with several pages of this thread, and thanks for that.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Now that God Damn song is stuck in my head. Thanks for that.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just need some P320 specific lyrics and someone who can sing them and we'll have a hit that will live on youtube forever.

Like one of these: (some of which are quite good)
Stay at home (from school because it snowed too much last night)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjE72Q8s8wo

Just don't go (traffic guy's rendition telling people how bad the traffic is)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWw0WEtZJRQ

I Don't Know - Med School Parody (University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2014) "Don't let them see, me look stuff up on WebMD..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtAG3e3JLNI

Hillary Clinton - Let It Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5PWgz_yBrA

"I Don't Know" 2013-2014 AP Calculus Class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZtjqkqXzjg

There are many others
I'm a HO (don't play that one at work)
Lets do blow
Star Trek
Star Wars

Posts: 1316 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the latest post on the other thread Sig is taking LEO and dealers ahead of all the civilian guns and will not start to take "us" until Oct/Nov. Depending on where you are in line you probably won't get your gun back this year. The one report I read where the upgraded model has been shot the new trigger is gritty and mushy which really would mess up what is a great trigger. I think it may be time to trade mine on a M&P 2.0 with night sights and be done with this Sig.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
The one report I read where the upgraded model has been shot the new trigger is gritty and mushy which really would mess up what is a great trigger. I think it may be time to trade mine on a M&P 2.0 with night sights and be done with this Sig.

It's a little premature to draw any conclusion about how the new trigger will feel.

As you said it is going to be some time before most people get the upgrade. I'm sure there will be adjustments/refinements along the way.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got 5 P320's now. If I start sending them one by one, I should have them all back by the next Presidential election. I'm waiting for feedback, I'm pretty happy with them the way they are. And I most often carry the P250's, IMHO a better trigger.

Posts: 17153 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
The one report I read where the upgraded model has been shot the new trigger is gritty and mushy which really would mess up what is a great trigger. I think it may be time to trade mine on a M&P 2.0 with night sights and be done with this Sig.

It's a little premature to draw any conclusion about how the new trigger will feel.

As you said it is going to be some time before most people get the upgrade. I'm sure there will be adjustments/refinements along the way.

Yes, a grand statistical sampling of one is not exactly definitive.

As I mentioned above, if there is a trigger quality issue, it is likely to be in the disconnector/lever chain. If so, even an unskilled amateur can easily perform a Flitz polish on the contact points. The decision tree on this is simple:

1) When returned, does YOUR P320 have a trigger quality issue? If not, end of "problem".

2) If yes, likely the disconnector/lever chain. Polish.

3) If still have issue, either (a) Sell pistol if unhappy (ugh) or (b) Follow the issue on SF and see if there is a remedy.

While not impossible, I'll presume for now that Sig wouldn't "upgrade" the pistol and turn one of the finest striker triggers into a POS. Besides, aren't the upgrades already present in the Mil-Spec pistols? Sig didn't invent a brand new fire control system for the upgrade, it already existed. If I'm incorrect in the prior statements, please feel free to politely correct.

Again, this is getting to be like sportscasters leading up to the Super Bowl endlessly analyzing who is going to win and why. I prefer to just wait and watch the game. We'll know at the end of the second half...

posted Hide Post
quote:
According to the latest post on the other thread Sig is taking LEO and dealers ahead of all the civilian guns and will not start to take "us" until Oct/Nov. Depending on where you are in line you probably won't get your gun back this year. The one report I read where the upgraded model has been shot the new trigger is gritty and mushy which really would mess up what is a great trigger. I think it may be time to trade mine on a M&P 2.0 with night sights and be done with this Sig.

Really? Because the shop I work at is a Sig dealer, and we have so far received ZERO word from Sig on how soon they'll be handling our rather considerable stack of P320s we're sitting on in our backstock. We have been advised to tell any customers who already own P320s and are interested in the upgrade to handle it with Sig on their own because it's likely to be far quicker for them than handing their pistols to us, where they will join the pile and continue to wait for word of what to do and when to do it.

Posts: 127 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcharvat:
quote:

Really? Because the shop I work at is a Sig dealer, and we have so far received ZERO word from Sig on how soon they'll be handling our rather considerable stack of P320s we're sitting on in our backstock. We have been advised to tell any customers who already own P320s and are interested in the upgrade to handle it with Sig on their own because it's likely to be far quicker for them than handing their pistols to us, where they will join the pile and continue to wait for word of what to do and when to do it.

I just read earlier that a member talked to CS and was told LEO and dealers would be first and civilians would start sending theirs in in Oct/Nov.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
There is currently a thread pinned to the top of this area, devoted to actual information about the P320 recall/upgrade process.

It is WAAAAAAY too early to speculate about the trigger, and why speculate?

It is time to be patient.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is currently a thread pinned to the top of this area ....

Thanks for pointing that out. I have a tendency to skip over the old pinned threads when opening a page and didn’t notice that it had been moved there.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcharvat:
quote:

Patience will be greatly rewarded.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post