SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

It's time to let it go.

I agree wholeheartedly. Frankly this thread should have been locked the day the recall upgrade was announced.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:

It's time to let it go.

I agree wholeheartedly. Frankly this thread should have been locked the day the recall upgrade was announced.

Really now?

Thanks for showing restraint and not perpetuating a thread full of bellyaching, since it wasn't locked...

Kindly remove yourself from this thread, your game is up.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to be a smart aleck when I say I'd be fine with locking the thread. I don't see any new ground getting covered, and I don't wanna bicker anymore. Maybe start a new one when people start getting repaired pistols back?

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:

It's time to let it go.

Geez... Just how stupid do you think the Administration of this forum is?

quote:
Originally posted by ether:
I'm not trying to be a smart aleck when I say I'd be fine with locking the thread. I don't see any new ground getting covered, ...

It does have the advantage of keeping the noise to one thread.

Imagine what might happen to the useful thread if this one's locked. (See above for example.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Guys, when you don't post in a thread and it drops off the page, it goes away.

Locking this thread would send the wrong kind of message. Whether it was locked due to bad behavior, or because you guys want it locked, would be lost on some folks, who would be happy to interpret the lock as the staff here squashing controversy.

Some folks have spent a lot of time posting in this thread, and as I've said in a variety of ways, it's all been said. I don't think anyone reading the thread will be confused about who feels what.

The thread remains open, and if anyone feels it should go away, they can contribute by not posting in it.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either way...I believe the true critics here shouldn't be marginalized, and at the same time, this is the "Sig Forum" after all, if you aren't a true fan then maybe lay off.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Either way...I believe the true critics here shouldn't be marginalized, and at the time, this is the "Sig Forum" after all, and if you aren't a true fan then maybe lay off.

If you're in favor of locking this thread, but don't want "true critics" "marginalized," you need to pick something and stick with it.

Critics, or "true critics," whatever that means, have had loads of airtime. When their message starts to sound like a window air conditioner on high, it's time for them to take a break.

As I've mentioned already, people who would like to air their grievances in a more direct manor are welcome to contact SIG CS directly. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Again, if you'd like the thread to go away, stop posting in it.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Either way...I believe the true critics here shouldn't be marginalized, and at the time, this is the "Sig Forum" after all, and if you aren't a true fan then maybe lay off.

If you're in favor of locking this thread, but don't want "true critics" "marginalized," you need to pick something and stick with it.

Critics, or "true critics," whatever that means, have had loads of airtime. When their message starts to sound like a window air conditioner on high, it's time for them to take a break.

As I've mentioned already, people who would like to air their grievances in a more direct manor are welcome to contact SIG CS directly. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

Again, if you'd like the thread to go away, stop posting in it.

Arc, I'm not attacking you or your moderation. I'm trying to bring some sanity to this if you're going to leave this thing open. Truce ok?

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's very simple, if your goal is as you say. Stop posting in the thread.

It's not your job to bring sanity, and you are not helping.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not quite that simple. I'm not attacking you, but you're attacking me, and that shit needs to stop. You don't seem mature enough for what you've been tasked for.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Jeez. It's like a pack of methed-out Pekinese on a mission to hump every leg in town. Hang in there, Arc.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's not quite that simple. I'm not attacking you, but you're attacking me, and that shit needs to stop. You don't seem mature enough for what you've been tasked for.

Man, I don't know where you're headed, or what you believe you're trying to do, but now you really aren't helping.

If your goal is as you stated, stop posting in this thread.

Arc.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everybody, cool it. Just take it easy.

Posts: 107615 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And now the fun is spreading to Canik pistols. I wonder how many backyard scientists are out there trying to prove that this pistol or that pistol isn't drop safe.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-canik-9mm-pistols./

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
And now the fun is spreading to Canik pistols.

Posted three days ago: Canik Drop Safety Upgrade Notice

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's human nature to do the minimum required to pass mustard. Businesses are no different.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
And now the fun is spreading to Canik pistols. I wonder how many backyard scientists are out there trying to prove that this pistol or that pistol isn't drop safe.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-canik-9mm-pistols./

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
And now the fun is spreading to Canik pistols.

Posted three days ago: Canik Drop Safety Upgrade Notice

The "notice" they've posted is worth a read, frankly had SIG chosen to take that tack, and make customers eat the shipping costs, I would probably never buy another SIG myself. Good luck with their "abusing the pistol voids the warranty" bit.

I do own a Canik subject to this "voluntary upgrade," but I'm not planning on any "hard use," and fuck if I'll pay shipping. If there are no modifications to the pistol, and it's just some tougher springs, I'm puzzled why they can't just ship springs out. Probably because explaining to everyone the lockwork is a PITA.

Compared to how Century is "handling" that, SIG look like pros.

If this is a growing trend, perhaps it's time to re-think the standard tests. I welcome the distant pitter patter of various pistol brands hitting a hard surface at a -30 degree angle. No maker should be left out of the fun.

Arc.

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, some humble, dedicated people once again awoke at their desks and their benches this morning, and went back at it as they have for more than three weeks straight. Amazingly, they are doing all this work without consulting the brilliant engineers, MBA's, ethicists and legal minds who have posted here.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
For the majority of you here who own P320's, are interested in the platform, or my friends who simply want to see SIG and their customers succeed, you're going to be very happy. That is no idle speculation.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can I send you a Canik?

I think I'm just going to push my safe over at -30, at this point.

Arc.