SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRStout:
I just checked my safe, there are no Glocks in it yet...

No offense intended, but for how many years do you plan to keep this thread open, Para?

Have you ever shot a Glock? MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
Why does someone always have to be "that guy"?

Seriously though, you guys help me pick my next Glock. I can't decide between a 26, a 34, or a 30SF. I already have a compact with my 29, so the other two would be extras, but at some point I'd like to have one of all the Glock 9mms and that would be a step towards that. OTOH, the 34 keeps calling my name as a really cool range toy.

Decisions decisions.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:

No offense intended, but for how many years do you plan to keep this thread open, Para?

quote:
Photos don't lie...

It doesn't really matter who made it... It's just another busted plastic-framed gun...

When are you guys (in general) going to start taking stock in the fact that plastic frames are NOT included on the build list of a quality firearm?

Tell us how you really feel. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wheelman668:
at some point I'd like to have one of all the Glock 9mms.

Get the 34. Then get the rest. The 34 serves as my nightstand and fun gun. Of all my glocks, it's my favorite.

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wheelman668:
Why does someone always have to be "that guy"?

Seriously though, you guys help me pick my next Glock. I can't decide between a 26, a 34, or a 30SF. I already have a compact with my 29, so the other two would be extras, but at some point I'd like to have one of all the Glock 9mms and that would be a step towards that. OTOH, the 34 keeps calling my name as a really cool range toy.

Decisions decisions.

30S over a 30SF...
My 30S is the sweetest shooting 45 I've ever shot.

I'd also eventually like to have all the 9mm including a Gen 1 G17.
I've got a Gen 2 17 and 19.
I'll probably buy a Gen 4 G26 when I can find a bargain on a used one.
The G34?
I would bet that would be pretty damn accurate....

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G17 gen2. Ill shoot it this weekend.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Approx. 4 years ago I saw this thread, and was in disbelief. Maddness.

Two weeks ago I picked up my first G19, a Gen 3. Now this past weekend, I traded another pistol for a Glock 26.

FML

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
Approx. 4 years ago I saw this thread, and was in disbelief. Maddness.

Two weeks ago I picked up my first G19, a Gen 3. Now this past weekend, I traded another pistol for a Glock 26.
The Para is all-knowing, all-seeing, and stuff like that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Heads up on a Gen 2 G19 from my other forum..

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/o...hipped-arkansas.html

$410 shipped to your FFL

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

$410 shipped to your FFL

This one has me pining for my old Gen2, especially after just getting back one of my old guns that I was silly enough to let go of years ago. Where that particular G19 is these days is anyone's guess...

Gunbroker has a really nice condition Gen2 save one thing...a previous owner decided that he/she HAD to have a thumb safety grafted onto the poor gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...x?Item=368583628#PIC

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

$410 shipped to your FFL

This one has me pining for my old Gen2, especially after just getting back one of my old guns that I was silly enough to let go of years ago. Where that particular G19 is these days is anyone's guess...

Gunbroker has a really nice condition Gen2 save one thing...a previous owner decided that he/she HAD to have a thumb safety grafted onto the poor gun.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...x?Item=368583628#PIC

^ That is insane...

Another one on GB, price is a tad high.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=367927512

I paid $450 for my Gen 2 G19 with a 2 hour drive for a FTF meet.
But I think I got a really good deal on it.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That G19 looks like it has a Cominolli safety added. See http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

I do love the Gen 2 G19s. But that's not my cup of tea, and totally unnecessary in my opinion. However, if that added manual safety is what it takes to get someone else to feel comfortable with it, then that's their call.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That G19 looks like it has a Cominolli safety added. See http://cominolli.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

I do love the Gen 2 G19s. But that's not my cup of tea, and totally unnecessary in my opinion. However, if that added manual safety is what it takes to get someone else to feel comfortable with it, then that's their call.

agreed

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Thanks for posting that.
Although I sure wouldn't want it, I was curious to what it was and how it worked.

A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:

YET.

You vill buy zee Glock or risk making Ahnuld very angry, und zee Choppa vill leave you behind.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm still holding out. Back before I was a member here--but a regular visitor--I saw this thread and had to admit to myself that it one day may be possible that I own...hmmmph (in a quiet, whisper voice) a Glock. Hmmm, I own most every caliber pistol EXCEPT a 9mm. Perhaps said pistol is destined to fill that gap. Perhaps. Perhaps...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tony P
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:

Have you ever shot a Glock? MG

Dont own a Glock, have only shot one and I can only assume it was a very poor range gun, rented it from the local range, trigger was like pressing a sponge.

Did buy an M&P would assume they are similar, but what the hell do I know!!!

US Navy

Posts: 759 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: December 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony P:

Dont own a Glock, have only shot one and I can only assume it was a very poor range gun, rented it from the local range, trigger was like pressing a sponge .

Did buy an M&P would assume they are similar, but what the hell do I know!!!

Are you sure that wasn't an XD pistol you rented... Eek Big Grin

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I think he was correct in the assumption of a "very poor range gun".

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Just because this thread should never be buried....

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post