SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Great post JeremiahJJ.

CW

Posts: 3204 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... Big Grin

I think my Glock pistols are indeed, beautiful.. Wink

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A gun that just plain works is for me the most beautiful one on the planet...especially if you find yourself really needing it to do what it's supposed to do in order to save your backside from a fate that's a fair bit uglier. For a firearm that can provide that without any real fear of failure I certainly can and do put up with a significant degree of homeliness.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
May I be the latest to say, yes, I have bought a Glock (again!)

This is not my first post in this long-running thread, having been thoroughly seduced by a Glock 19 a short while ago.

Today, a Gen 4 Glock 23 was the ticket. I received a very favorable trade-in value on a SIG in return.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Glocks remind me of this old song...
"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife ... from my personal point of view get an ugly girl to marry you...

Hey man I saw your wife she sure is ugly....
Yaaaa but she sure can cook!

Here is a link to the song it's old funny and politically incorrect! I love it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9ZZgDqzAg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
NIB Gen4 G19 When you press the trigger it just falls back on target beggin for more.
Yeah, to resist is futile......

- 8 posts since 2010, that's when I found Glocks

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This story has already been told a thousand times...

I hate Glocks, with their blocky, poly frames and mushy striker-fire trigger. And the baggage that comes with them gets irritating--i.e., the snarky "Perfection" smugness.

I was happy with my collection of SA or DA/SA metal pistols, but as I made my way through history's iconic pistols, I felt the Glock 17 deserved to make it into the collection. So in perhaps a moment of maximum insult, I traded away a pristine CZ75 (tang dug into the webbing of my hand pretty fiercely) for a new 3rd Gen G17.

As if that insult weren't bad enough, I took it to the range and proceeded to shoot the best groups I have ever shot, without the slightest bit of trouble.

So now I have a pistol that is trouble free, is more accurate in my hands than any other pistol, and it is admittedly a dream to shoot.

My head is spinning as I am forced to question some pretty strong preconceptions. If I can't count on Glock hatred, what is this world coming too? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stringfellow,

Posts: 85 | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a new GSSF voucher. I am thinking either a 29 or a 30 Smile

-----------------------------
NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer - http://firearms.fortreg.com

Posts: 2174 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remat457:

G30S would be the way to go...

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Unless you want the Gen 4 upgrades, in which case a G30 (non-S) is your only option at this point. Unfortunately, Gen 4 versions of the G30S and G36 haven't been released yet.

Posts: 32542 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Unless you want the Gen 4 upgrades, in which case a G30 (non-S) is your only option at this point. Unfortunately, Gen 4 versions of the G30S and G36 haven't been released yet.

I'm hearing rumors of the Gen 4 G30S for the next show show on a few gun forums.
But they are just that, rumors..

As much as I didn't care for my Gen 3 G19 grip, the Gen 3 G30S (that I love) and the G30SF (that I sold after buying the 30S), work very well for me.

Picture of sigmond
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a like new Glock 17 Gen 4. Love Glocks! This one has a born on date of 8/22/11 according to the collection date on the fired casings envelope. This sample also has the blacker slide, which caught my eye. I have always been able to shoot these pistols well. Beauty is as beauty does.

Posts: 971 | Location: Ashland, Ky. | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked my safe, there are no Glocks in it yet...

No offense intended, but for how many years do you plan to keep this thread open, Para?

Posts: 3314 | Location: Surf City, USA | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRStout:
No offense intended, but for how many years do you plan to keep this thread open, Para?

This one is exhibiting some resistance...This will require more persuasion...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Until every last one of you M'fers buys a Glock... Big Grin
Sorry to see that you are missing out... Confused

posted Hide Post
will be searching for a Gen 2 G19 shortly.

Posts: 866 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
For as long as I goddamn well please. Does that answer your question? No offense intended, of course.

Posts: 107696 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Own a Gen4 G19 and G34.

Grew up in the late 1950's/early 1960's. Anybody remember the modified VW Beetles back then? You know...the ones with the Corvette engines?

Somewhat ugly. No back seat (all engine). Screamers - did 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds. Hard to beat one in a street race.

In an odd way...kinda reminds me of Glocks. I always liked sleepers.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I think my department is about to buy 500+ Glocks... I'm salivating at the amount of weight that is about to come off of my duty belt.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gosh this just makes me want to post my favorite gun... No Offense Intended.. well.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post