SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I BOUGHT A GLOCK!

Pestered my local Cabela's for the past few months and finally tracked this down. G30 S in .45!

You're gonna luv it...Big Grin

I like the Pearce base plates, bought them on Amazon.
The stock ones pinch my little finger a bit..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
First Range Day today...LOVED IT!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the LGS....with a Gen 3 G19.

I have been assimilated.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Anyone know of a dealer that has 10 rd G30 mags in stock?
The only place I can find them is eBay..

If you haven't got any yet look what was just list in the classifieds.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4690069233

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mechehog
posted Hide Post
I gave in and bought a Gen 4 19. Absolutely no regrets. Very easy to shoot this pistol well.

Posts: 303 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I bought a Glock, years ago. It bulged a bunch of my brass and ruined a expensive pair of sun glasses by putting a few cases per magazine right down slide into the center of my shooting eye. Sold it 15 years ago, and never looked back.
Sorry, but I had to chime in after seeing this post for so long.
Cory

Posts: 88 | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clytle374:
Yep, I bought a Glock, years ago. It bulged a bunch of my brass and ruined a expensive pair of sun glasses by putting a few cases per magazine right down slide into the center of my shooting eye. Sold it 15 years ago, and never looked back.
Sorry, but I had to chime in after seeing this post for so long.
Cory

So what yer saying is you are in the market for a new Glock? That's what I'm hearin'.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, I too also see this thread on going. My experience is opposite, I originally joined this forum because I bought a TacOps 9MM 226. Then slightly after this, and reading this thread, I checked out a Gen 4 Glock and bought it immediately, then right after another. So now I have a Gen 4 23 and 34, and also a KelTec and JRC carbines in matching calibers using the same Glock mags, up to 33 rounds in 9MM. The 226 never got shot and it was sold to somebody here. So you never know, maybe a Sig again, but for now I have plenty of Glock and S&W, and am now into shot guns.

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sf192nd
posted Hide Post
I have had few over years and sold them and keep coming back to the glock 19. Just picked up a gen 4 glock19 at the blue label price hard to go wrong. That being said they will never replace my sigs!!!

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Bought a Gen 4 G26 for the wife today and the LGS had a 30s in stock so I grabbed it for myself. Being in the magical state of NY I can't actually take possession until I get them put on my permit Monday but they'll be waiting for me to pick them up.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
Went to the range today with my G 19,23,26,36. Left the G17 and G21 home. I have come to the conclusion the Glock platform is all I need. I shot my Romy AK SBR also and have decided Glocks are the AK's of the pistol world, built like a tank.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My first full size Glock I picked up over the weekend. Feels great in my hand compared to my Gen 3 G19 and G36. The trigger also feels light, smooth, and crisp compared to the mushy, spongy triggers of my Gen 3 Glocks.

Posts: 506 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
You guys with your Gen 4s really have me thinking.
I traded a Gen 3 G19 because it just didn't fit in my hand.
Love my Gen 2 Glocks.
I might just have to pick up an Gen 4 G17 G19 and/or G26..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1lowlife-

The Gen4 17 changed everything for me and Glocks. I was all Sig until that gun. Since getting that gun I've had a Gen4 19 as well and am looking at the 30.

I still claim the WGerman 228 as my favorite gun, but the Gen4's sure are nice.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
1lowlife-

The Gen4 17 changed everything for me and Glocks. I was all Sig until that gun. Since getting that gun I've had a Gen4 19 as well and am looking at the 30.

I still claim the WGerman 228 as my favorite gun, but the Gen4's sure are nice.

Yes, I once owned several Sigs, but now only have my WGerman P226.

While researching the G30 please consider the G30S.
They only make it in Gen 3 right now, but those Gen 3 grooves don't bother me like they did on the G19.
G30S has the thinner G36 slide and G30SF frame on it and it makes a very nice 45ACP carry pistol.. Big Grin

Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
This may sound crazy but I own a G36 and just bought a G30sf frame on Gunbroker. I can have the choice of the thinner G36 or the higher cap of the G30 ( even higher with G21 mags). I owned an original gen 3 G30 sf but the slide looked so damn wide I had to sell it. I think this will be perfect.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:
This may sound crazy but I own a G36 and just bought a G30sf frame on Gunbroker. I can have the choice of the thinner G36 or the higher cap of the G30 ( even higher with G21 mags). I owned an original gen 3 G30 sf but the slide looked so damn wide I had to sell it. I think this will be perfect.

Put the G36 slide on the 30 frame and then you will have something special...
Congrats...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:

I did the opposite, kinda.

I bought a G30S, and just for shits and giggles, bought a G36 frame on GB.
I found I really didn't like the thinner grip of the G36 and the G36 mags pinched my little finger.
I'm much too precious to have that happen.. Roll Eyes

Ended up selling the G36 frame.
I would dare say when you run that G36 slide on your SF frame, you won't go back to your G36 frame.. Big Grin
There really wasn't that much difference in carrying either or.
10 +1, sure beats 6 +1, unless you're carrying in NY.

I know guys were doing just that, making their own G30SF/G36 hybrids before Glock finally came out with the G30S..

Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Glocks are ugly. I have to admit though that the G35 I have sure is a shooter. Almost like a laser gun as far as accuracy goes.

CW

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Glocks are among the ugliest handguns in the world, yet I have a NIB G19, SF G20, G26 and the ugliest one of all, a G30. Why do I do this to myself when Sigs and any 1911 are so beautiful? It's because (here we go again) they were built from the ground up to work. It's because they shoot when the other handguns might not. It's because I hit what I'm shooting at when I don't always do that with other handguns. It's because they will shoot thousands of rounds with little or no oil and -- I can't stand it -- there are only 34 (or is it 35?) parts. Oh, yeah, other guns are prettier and I own them too. I take them out and fondle them late at night, but if I was going into a firefight where my life depended on it, Gaston Glock's creation from back in the early '80s would be the one in my hand.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post