SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You should have grabbed the glockforum.com domain when you could have. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
WHAT IS THIS THE GLOCK FORUM NOW?????

Nah...wouldn't have been as much fun.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought a Glock 19. I'm so ashamed.

Posts: 9 | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodyblack:
bought a Glock 19. I'm so ashamed.

It is humbling when one shoots his G26 better than his P7 . MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You should have grabbed the glockforum.com domain when you could have. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
WHAT IS THIS THE GLOCK FORUM NOW?????

Nah...wouldn't have been as much fun.

Yep.. Wink

I'd blame it on the OP of the thread... Confused
Oh, wait a minute... Big Grin

But to keep in line of Sigforum, I'm on a desperate search for a pristine West German P220.
But I'm also on the search of a pristine Gen 1 G17.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You know, the new OD frames that I've been seeing have looked pretty good to me. More like OD, less like poop brown.

The "poop brown" ones are (supposedly) FDE, not OD. Two different colors.

The FDE Glocks are a Lipseys exclusive.

OK..

I'll no longer call the FDE baby poop colored.
As much as I like a black frame, those don't look too bad.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are a couple of different shades of OD Glocks, but all of them are much greener than the FDE Glocks.

In the new production OD guns there's definitely a feeling on my part that some color variation is going on. Someone stirring the vats at Glock isn't watching the color batch mixes all that closely. Some of the early 2013 OD guns had a strong hint of green, Now ones we're seeing just look beige...or in some cases even close to FDE.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
Where does one find an OD 19? I haven't been able to track one down.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
That OD is a good looking color.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by eddieb:
I am going over to the dark side tomorrow. My new 30s will be here. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait. Always room for another addition.

You're gonna love it... Big Grin

You are correct. I do love it. Handles very well for a smallish .45. Add a 3.5 connector and did a bit of polishing. This has to be the best striker fired pistol I have ever shot.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I did it. I can't believe I finally did it. I never thought it could happen to me. I resisted for as long as I could, but then I asked myself, "What's wrong with owning just one Gluck, just one?". I'm wondering how I'd also like one of those in FDE. Smile

Gen 4 G19

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
While there are many fine choices and I can shoot them well...

After a decade of trying out nearly every type of action, size, caliber and manufacturer.

It came down to what do I shoot better than any other gun and trust to be functionally perfect in my hands and my ability to put rounds on target for CCW..
The simple Glock 26

Nothing works as well for "Me".
Purchased a new GenIII tonight.
I'm Glockified.. Cool
That would make a good Cut..

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
While there are many fine choices and I can shoot them well...

After a decade of trying out nearly every type of action, size, caliber and manufacturer.

It came down to what do I shoot better than any other gun and trust to be functionally perfect in my hands and my ability to put rounds on target for CCW..
The simple Glock 26

Nothing works as well for "Me".
Purchased a new GenIII tonight.
I'm Glockified.. Cool
That would make a good Cut..

You read my mind, I have the same experience,from my 1911s to myH&Ks , I shoot the least expensive gun I own the best, the G26/4 .MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
I'm trying to find out which Gen to get in a 17 and I don't want brass in my face.
I'd rather have an Austrian made but primarily, I would rather not HAVE to change factory parts to keep the brass from hitting me.
Help me if you can!

Gen 1. Problem solved by decades, with Austrian proof marks.

That stated, I've never had brass to face in any Glock I've owned, including 3 Gen 2 and 3 Gen 3 pistols.

sigswiss, I'd go for a Gen 1 2 or 4 G17.
With a big emphasis on the Gen 1 and 2.. Big Grin

Thanks p220 Smudge and 1lowlife, I was thinking about the Gen1 since it was the one that started it all. I'm sure that ideally, there was always room for improvement -maybe a Gen2 -or both! My hesitation set in when I consider the possibilities of capitalism QC issues. Correct me if I'm "way" out of bounds, but my experience with my proven W. German Sigs v. Sig USA (as an example) has tainted me!
The G17 prices seemed to have "shot" up and out of my ideal price range temporarily since the onset of hunting season, but I'll be patient..
I know, hunting season / Glock?, but if you missed your Deer, you can still bag a Coke can!...

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
T
omorrow is the big day. G19 here I come. If only I could locate an OD one.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ardbeg:
T
omorrow is the big day. G19 here I come. If only I could locate an OD one.

Good luck, and post a pic when you get your hands on it. Big Grin

I traded my G22 RTF2 for another Gen 2 19 in pretty fantastic shape today. I'm a happy guy. Big Grin

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Glock 30s is on my must have list... Of course my local dealer says they are unobtainium at the moment.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good luck, and post a pic when you get your hands on it. Big Grin

I traded my G22 RTF2 for another Gen 2 19 in pretty fantastic shape today. I'm a happy guy. Big Grin

Just when I convince myself I really don't need a Gen 1 G17, you have to post that pic..
Damn you...

I will eventually HAVE to buy a Gen 1 G17.
I MUST have the original Glock.

Lately I've acquired an obsession of old Glocks and West German Sigs.. Mad
I'm on the hunt for a WG P220 as I type.

posted Hide Post

I just picked these up the other day.

I SWEAR! The G-17 is the last one!
No, Seriously! The absolute LAST one Im getting! No more for....... Aaaawwww...who am I kidding.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raidersrule:
Glock 30s is on my must have list... Of course my local dealer says they are unobtainium at the moment.

G30S one i have looked as closely as my first Glock, also if i can find a G19 Gen 4 in OD i would be very tempted.

would like to see the G30S in a Gen 4 frame sometime.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
would like to see the G30S in a Gen 4 frame sometime.

Same here. I'm holding out for the Gen 4, or I would have snagged a G30S already.

If you're really desperate, you can get a Gen 4 G30 and either a Gen 3 G36 or Gen 3 G30S, and put the Gen 3 G36/G30S slide on the Gen 4 G30 frame. It'll be identical to a Gen 4 G30S, except for the roll marks on the slide.

But you'll also be spending twice as much, and the new Franken-G30S will not be covered by the warranty. I'd rather just wait until the Gen 4 G30S is released.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post