SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister Joshua:
I thought I was the exception to the rule, as generally I do not like Glocks due to their grip angle and I do have a preference for hammer-fired guns.

That being said, I'm having a hard time contemplating why I don't have a 30S. 10+1 .45 in an itty bitty gun.

GripForce Adapter. Points like a 1911. Have one on my Gen4 G34.
http://www.gripforceproducts.com/

Looked at a G30S before I got my G19. For me, it had two issues: (1) Bottom rear of grip hit me in wrong part of palm. Grip sensitive. (2) The space between the front/bottom of grip frame and front of mag extension pinches (std 10 rd mag). This stuff may not apply to other hands. It's too bad they didn't just make the grip frame longer instead of the mag baseplate/filler thing. Woulda bought one.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

GripForce Adapter. Points like a 1911. Have one on my Gen4 G34.
http://www.gripforceproducts.com/

Looked at a G30S before I got my G19. For me, it had two issues: (1) Bottom rear of grip hit me in wrong part of palm. Grip sensitive. (2) The space between the front/bottom of grip frame and front of mag extension pinches (std 10 rd mag). This stuff may not apply to other hands. It's too bad they didn't just make the grip frame longer instead of the mag baseplate/filler thing. Woulda bought one.

The Grip Force adapter does help with the higher presentation from the draw of any Glock, if you are accustomed to Sig, XD, 1911, or some other handgun.
But a little Glock range time fixed that issue for me... Big Grin
I can't stand the look of the grip force adapter, I tried one and ended up selling it on eBay.
If you works for you, more power to ya... Wink

And to be honest, the bottom rear back strap of any Glock hits my palm the wrong way after shooting my Sigs.
But a couple range trips remedies that issue for me as well.....YMMV

As far as my G30S mag pinch;
I did find adding the Pearce base plates to my standard 10 and 9 rd mags reduced/eliminated the mag pinch you're referring to.
I found the Pearce baseplate seated the finger more towards the center and away from the space between the frame and mag...YMMV

10rd.........

9 rd...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
There's a Gen 1 g17 for sale for $550 locally right now. Too much in my book, aaaand I'm craving another g26 like there's no tomorrow. ha!

I'd pay $550 OTD for a pristine Gen 1 G17 that had the original case..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am giving SERIOUS thought to trading in both my Glock 21 and my Glock 30...

I just don't shoot them much...I prefer shooting my Sig and SW1911, and theres a decent chance I'll be issued a Glock in one flavor or another in the next year or so anyway.

Looking at trading them for a gun I'd like to own and just shoot, a Beretta 92FS.

I drank the Glock Kool-Aid, and it just didn't sit well with me in the end Frown

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:

I just don't shoot them much...I prefer shooting my Sig and SW1911, and theres a decent chance I'll be issued a Glock in one flavor or another in the next year or so anyway.

Looking at trading them for a gun I'd like to own and just shoot, a Beretta 92FS.

I drank the Glock Kool-Aid, and it just didn't sit well with me in the end Frown

But you did buy one (or 2), hence the thread title... Big Grin

I'm all for selling guns that don't fit your needs...
DO what you gotta do... Cool

Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
You guys know you need a poop brown one.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
You guys know you need a poop brown one.

Heavyd, whatever floats your boat... Big Grin
If you like it, that is all that matters..

But those baby poop colored frames do nothing for me.. Frown

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It helps if you think of them as "peanut butter" colored, not "baby poop" colored. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, the new OD frames that I've been seeing have looked pretty good to me. More like OD, less like poop brown.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
So I'm shooting my 228 W.German and for fun I rented a well worn G26 I think the estimated round count was over 80,000 on the Glock.
Sure the sig was a tack driver and the glock just a bit less so.
But in fast strings of 3 and even 11 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger the Glock really shined.
Recoil is straight back in the hand minimal flip.

If I was going to bet my life on my ability with one or the other and both are good choices.. the Glock 26 would be the gun I'd choose without question.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my new Glock 30s on Monday. I didn't think I would ever buy another Glock after my first one in the early 90s. I have to say, I really like it. Add a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector, did some judicious polishing, and I have to say, the trigger is outstanding. Smooth, nice break, and not too light. The 30s is a great firearm.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
So I'm shooting my 228 W.German and for fun I rented a well worn G26 I think the estimated round count was over 80,000 on the Glock.
Sure the sig was a tack driver and the glock just a bit less so.
But in fast strings of 3 and even 11 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger the Glock really shined.
Recoil is straight back in the hand minimal flip.

If I was going to bet my life on my ability with one or the other and both are good choices.. the Glock 26 would be the gun I'd choose without question.

+1. I've got a W German P228, a CZ 75D PCR, and a Smith and Wesson CS9. All of which are more accurate than my G17 and my G26. But against the shot timer the Glocks are faster. I carry the 17 for work and the 26 for EDC. As bullet launching tools, they are excellent.

Posts: 687 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
WHAT IS THIS THE GLOCK FORUM NOW?????

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
You know, the new OD frames that I've been seeing have looked pretty good to me. More like OD, less like poop brown.

The "poop brown" ones are (supposedly) FDE, not OD. Two different colors.

The FDE Glocks are a Lipseys exclusive.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ahh, thanks for that info. That clears it up nicely. Now to fight the urge to try to track down one of those in a Gen 4 19.... Razz

*Edit: Whoops, I got confused. So the FDE pistol is on the bottom in your top pic, yes? If so, I want the top one. What is that called?

It could be that I'm confused and the older ones were more green. If that's the case, then I guess those are the ones I find myself lusting over. I had somehow been under the impression that the older OD Glocks were more like OD #3 and I like the OD #7 shade better.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
*Edit: Whoops, I got confused. So the FDE pistol is on the bottom in your top pic, yes? If so, I want the top one. What is that called?

The top G19 in my previous post is OD. The bottom G19 is FDE. The FDE is very brown, and similar to peanut butter in shade, without any green in it.

There are a couple of different shades of OD Glocks, but all of them are much greener than the FDE Glocks.

Here's a comparison shot I found showing FDE/Brown (top left), new OD (top right), and old OD (bottom). Notice that the old OD is paler and has less green than the new OD. The old OD is closer in color to a khaki or tan. The new OD is more noticably olive. Your analogy of OD #3 (old Glock OD) vs OD #7 (new Glock OD) is pretty accurate.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the further info, that pares it down perfectly. Sounds like it's the new OD frame I want.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:

But you did buy one (or 2), hence the thread title... Big Grin

I'm all for selling guns that don't fit your needs...
DO what you gotta do... Cool

Fine, fine, you have a point Razz

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

You better be careful. You don't want to tick off the owner.

Ummm...

Wait, never mind.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
You should have grabbed the glockforum.com domain when you could have. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post