SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, eventually, they all surrender to the power of the Glorp.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I see that Gander Mountain has a Labor Day sale going on until the 5th...any new, in-stock Gen 3 for $499.99.
I called my local Gander (as well as a couple others not too far away) and asked if they had a G36 lying around. They simply said no, and that no WI Gander had them in-stock, that they had to be special ordered (so the sale price wouldn't be valid). They show at the Gander website ferchrissakes...
So, I emailed Gander corporate and asked who I needed to get a hold of to get G36's in stock locally...since we will soon be conceal-carry eligible in a couple months, I'd think they would be a big seller.

Still awaiting a reply.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
This worked:

My Glock 32 RTF should be in my hands tomorrow. Pics to follow. Thanks for starting this inspiring thread Para!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
1lowlife did you buy your G19 (Talo EXO) with the nickle slide or did you have it done?
I'm in the process of having my G20 & G26 slide done locally in a brushed nickle boron finish.
Sid a buddy/friend works a local range on Sunday mourning's and he's been showing me his work every time I go in there and its amazing work he is doing.
He was asking my opinion on what I thought looked best and he showed me a slide that instead of getting it completely smooth he had put grain lines in the side and top which really gave it a great look. Kind of a brushed look like I've seen a lot of SS things finished off in.
I liked the look so much and the richness of the nickle boron plating that I'm gonna have him do all 5 of my Glocks. I striped the 20 & 26 down to start off with and should have them back this weekend or next at the latest. I'll post pictures here when I get them back. I just hope my picture taking will do them justice.

I like this nickle boron and I'm awaiting your pics in case I need more slides done. Wink

A few months ago I went on a DFW search of gun stores.
I told myself if I found an EXO G19, I would buy it.
Went to my favorite LGS, SAW (formerly Schramms) in Sunnyvale, plenty of G19s, but no EXO.
Went to B&S in Garland.
I used to buy there a lot but because of salesman attitudes I haven't gone in there in about 3 years.
I went in, saw what I wanted, talked to the salesman (he had a good attitude), and bought it.
So yes, I bought mine like that, although I did put the Ameriglo I-dot sights on it.

I might have already posted this, but I'll do it again.
Differences in plating, colors and materials.

Talo AXO nickel-boron....

Side by side nickel-boron (G19) and Electroless nickel (P239)..

Electroless nickel...

Stock Sig two-tone..

Hard chrome...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
I see that Gander Mountain has a Labor Day sale going on until the 5th...any new, in-stock Gen 3 for $499.99.
I called my local Gander (as well as a couple others not too far away) and asked if they had a G36 lying around. They simply said no, and that no WI Gander had them in-stock, that they had to be special ordered (so the sale price wouldn't be valid). They show at the Gander website ferchrissakes...
So, I emailed Gander corporate and asked who I needed to get a hold of to get G36's in stock locally...since we will soon be conceal-carry eligible in a couple months, I'd think they would be a big seller.

Still awaiting a reply.

That sucks cause my local Gander has at least two of them in stock.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Yup.. MY 2nd Generation----Glock 19 Life is Good and yes it shoots as fast as my 1911 any day.. Smile

----->
Just got back from the range... shooting my G19.
Reliable as a hammer and accurate as any combat gun I've ever had... Works for me...

The G19 is such an excellent pistol. The Gen 2 pistols have always been a favorite of mine.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Still awaiting a reply.

That sucks cause my local Gander has at least two of them in stock.

I wonder if they'd do a store-to-store transfer and still consider it "in-stock" Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
This worked:

My Glock 32 RTF should be in my hands tomorrow. Pics to follow. Thanks for starting this inspiring thread Para!!

I'm really interested in the range report...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
This worked:

I'm really interested in the range report...

Glock 32 RTF didn't come in today. Hopefully it will tomorrow. Range report will take a bit as I have to work till after labor day. Will report back.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I bought a G24 before the 17Ls started showing up and now ordered a 17L. I like the longslides! My G24 is a bit off balance due to the polymer frame and long steel slide. I have to off set it with a slug plug or something.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest Glock purchase, a orange, non-drop free, factory G23 high cap mag. Unfortunately, I do not own a G23 but this mag seems to work fine in my G32. First orange mag I have seen; I supose they are for use in an emergency or during deer season.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
The completely orange magazine was offered from the factory very early in the life of the Glock 17. Like yours... other models were made as well. It was intended for Police Ranges where training fire would use the orange magazines exclusively. There's also a few baby blue magazines floating around.

First generation magazines, and non-drop free.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
getting an itch....
anyone seen a block 30 in olive drab green?

Posts: 779 | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you 220ST for the info.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
With some in store credit from my LGS I was able to get my G32 RTF2 today.

Won't get to shooting it till late next week. Yes Para, I did buy a Glock! This thread made me get a second one.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dat vas sum sexy shit my friend!!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Far out!! Big Grin

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPP
posted Hide Post
NICE!!!

In the past year I sold 3 Sigs and bought 3 Glocks (G19, G30, G20). I am a convert.

Posts: 1935 | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
getting an itch....

See member GoingQuiet in Classifieds. He has some OD guns but is not cheap! Has a web site too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macfly:
getting an itch....

I see mine almost every day. Not so much in stores anymore, though...

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post