SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
While I've definitely bought and sold my fair share of Glocks and gone with other manufacturers, I've finally settled on the combination of a 17 and a 26, both Gen 4 models. I thought I could go the route of having the 19 as my only Glock, but I wanted something a little smaller for carry (hence the 26) and I found that the 17 points more naturally for me.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
I thought I was the exception to the rule, as generally I do not like Glocks due to their grip angle and I do have a preference for hammer-fired guns.

That being said, I'm having a hard time contemplating why I don't have a 30S. 10+1 .45 in an itty bitty gun.

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister Joshua:
I thought I was the exception to the rule, as generally I do not like Glocks due to their grip angle and I do have a preference for hammer-fired guns.

That being said, I'm having a hard time contemplating why I don't have a 30S. 10+1 .45 in an itty bitty gun.

If the grip angle is an issue, I'd wait for the Gen 4 G30S.
But then again, the Glock grip angle is easily adaptable with a little range time. Big Grin

The 30S is a great pistol..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
It's taken me a while to settle on which ones work for me (I've sold 6 Glock 19s and 2 26s), but I'm done for a little while. I'm very happy with the Gen 4 17 and 26 that I picked up from my FFL today. I can't wait to get them to the range.

Obligatory pic:

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Mister Joshua:

If the grip angle is an issue, I'd wait for the Gen 4 G30S.
But then again, the Glock grip angle is easily adaptable with a little range time. Big Grin

The 30S is a great pistol..

30S is to be my first Glock, i do wish though that the frame was Gen 4

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conspirator of Mopery
Picture of dbldwn11
posted Hide Post
Umm, crap, I just ordered a new Glock, like, my 12th one,am I just a creature subject to simple suggestion?

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dbldwn11:
Umm, crap, I just ordered a new Glock, like, my 12th one,am I just a creature subject to simple suggestion?

You will buy a(multiple) Glock(s).. Big Grin

I went from none to 5 after getting involved with this thread...
Still want a Gen 1 G17..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a glock 19 gen 2, glock 17 gen 2, and glock 26 gen 4. I'm now looking for a glock 34 gen 4. Big Grin

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, Glock is the only major manufacturer producing 10mm firearms.

The G20 rocks the Kazba.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will own a Glock.. I've GOT to try one!
277 pages of reading on this thread so I apologize for not reading more, but my eyes hurt from the computer and I have the Glock 17 bug -because it was the one that started it all ( better late than never I guess)...

I'm trying to find out which Gen to get in a 17 and I don't want brass in my face.
I'd rather have an Austrian made but primarily, I would rather not HAVE to change factory parts to keep the brass from hitting me.
Help me if you can!

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nah, you need to be primed a bit longer.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Enter the Vortex...And be assimilated...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I gonna need a bigger safe?!

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going over to the dark side tomorrow. My new 30s will be here. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait. Always room for another addition.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eddieb:
I am going over to the dark side tomorrow. My new 30s will be here. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait. Always room for another addition.

You're gonna love it... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
How did you know I was going to buy a Glock.
got me a G19 Gen4 and I did fondle it late at night.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct parabellum! I finally broke down and bought 2 Glocks both in .357Sig - a new Gen 4 G32 and a like new Gen 3 G31 with night sights. Shot them both for the first time 10 days ago and they were perfect as were my two Sigs - a P239 and a P229 both .357Sig. Now carrying the G32 because I get more rounds than my former carry the P239.

Sigs: P220R, P220 JH
Glocks: G31, G32
Mossberg 500 12 gauge

Posts: 168 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
I'm trying to find out which Gen to get in a 17 and I don't want brass in my face.
I'd rather have an Austrian made but primarily, I would rather not HAVE to change factory parts to keep the brass from hitting me.
Help me if you can!

Gen 1. Problem solved by decades, with Austrian proof marks.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by sigswiss:
Help me if you can!

Gen 1. Problem solved by decades, with Austrian proof marks.

I'd love to find a Gen 1 G17 in great condition..

That stated, I've never had brass to face in any Glock I've owned, including 3 Gen 2 and 3 Gen 3 pistols.

sigswiss, I'd go for a Gen 1 2 or 4 G17.
With a big emphasis on the Gen 1 and 2.. Big Grin

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
There's a Gen 1 g17 for sale for $550 locally right now. Too much in my book, aaaand I'm craving another g26 like there's no tomorrow. ha!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post