SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Attn: Would be Glocksters: AIM Surplus just emailed me they have LEO turn G21s and G22 / G23s starting at $325.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I can't imagine there's really all that much wear happening on the magazine during reloads no matter how gently or forcefully one does them, and certainly not in any way that compares to the battering that juncture of parts undergoes during recoil. Again, also speaking academically because I owned a G48 for a bit, but never owned Shield mags, or even shot the gun.

Smudge nailed it. Keeping the mag catch button depressed during mag changes helps a little, but the primary source of wear is from the forces imparted while shooting.

I've posted before that if you go w/ Shield Arms mags, you have to commit to them. If you use OEM mags w/ the steel mag catch, it does wear out the polymer cutout in OEM mags prematurely to the point that they won't seat properly. I'd say after ~100rds, I noticed significant wear on polymer mag w/ steel mag catch, the kind of wear I don't see after thousands of rounds using OEM mags w/ OEM mag catch.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I see many people send out their slides to have them milled with an RMR cut … I thing someone above said something about “The Glock Shop”. Is that only place / best place?

I had my Glock 45 and 31 milled at Maple Leaf FA. It was about a week turnaround but that might be because it was for law enforcement.

IF you get the RMR cut, you're only going to be able to put RMR footprint optics on it.

Chief approved it so I just ordered 40 Glock 45 MOS-5 guns.

Out of curiosity why the G45 and not the G17?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The detectives were asking for the 19 with the shorter barrel to fit their current holsters. I figured it's easier for me to order the same gun for everyone, especially if Glock was willing to do the MOS-5 gun for us.

It was also a PITA for them when they had to put uniforms on, they would complain that they didn't want the 13 round mag for their spares and wanted 15 round mags. I said 4 rounds probably won't make a difference.

BUT...primarily I wanted the 45 because I use the TLR-7A. I've cut my holster down and used moldable plastic to cover up the bottom. Now when I sit in the car, my holster isn't pressing into my hip. So with the shorter barrel, I can cut it down even more. Lol.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The detectives were asking for the 19 with the shorter barrel to fit their current holsters. I figured it's easier for me to order the same gun for everyone, especially if Glock was willing to do the MOS-5 gun for us.

It was also a PITA for them when they had to put uniforms on, they would complain that they didn't want the 13 round mag for their spares and wanted 15 round mags. I said 4 rounds probably won't make a difference.

BUT...primarily I wanted the 45 because I use the TLR-7A. I've cut my holster down and used moldable plastic to cover up the bottom. Now when I sit in the car, my holster isn't pressing into my hip. So with the shorter barrel, I can cut it down even more. Lol.

Thanks for the detailed reply. G45 vs G17 came up recently in a discussion/debate. One side arguing about bullet velocity loss with the G45 vs the G17. Other side arguing 'slower' speed of draw with a longer slide. We ended up with the G17 because the Chief said so - lol.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is this with a duty (safariland) holster? If so could you post a picture? I’m wanting to mod a holster for my comped G21.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Sold my only Glock this weekend. Just couldn’t warm up to the trigger on the G26. Think I’ll stick with my Sigs.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Sold my only Glock this weekend. Just couldn’t warm up to the trigger on the G26. Think I’ll stick with my Sigs.

The trigger is perhaps the easiest thing to change about a Glock.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Is this with a duty (safariland) holster? If so could you post a picture? I’m wanting to mod a holster for my comped G21.

Yes on a 6360rds holster.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You could save time and effort by leaving most of the end of the modified holster open.

Ever been in the middle of a dynamic training and had spent brass land in your duty holster? I have.

Without a means for the brass to escape the bottom of the holster, this renders you unable to reholster your handgun. And the only way to get the brass out is to fish it out with something long and thin like chopsticks, take your belt off and shake the holster out, or have someone hold you upside down by your ankles. Big Grin

This is why the little circular plastic lens covers on light-bearing Safariland 6XXX duty holsters are designed to be popped out. (Even Safariland reps say to do that.) The non-light-bearing holsters already have a hole in the bottom.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
/Reads post....

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You could save time and effort by leaving most of the end of the modified holster open.

That's an old pic. That actually happened to me, so the light hole is open now. I went and popped out the plug on every one's holster after that too Big Grin

Not minority enough!

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new G43X the other day for $450.00 as CCW option for when I travel to the PRC (Peoples Republic of Californiastan), where I'm limited to ten round magazines. The gun shoots ok for me (need to swap out those OEM white dot (front) and white outline rear sights with a set of Ameriglow "Hackathorn" night sights with orange outline fronts), then last night I became aware of the American Shield options!

I'm thinking of using the 15 round AS magazines as a day to day carry here in AZ, with the OEM ten rounders reserved for PRC (CA) visits only. Why not, even with the steel magazine release, there's no reason these won't work if needed as long as I don't routinely shoot the pistol with them?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I picked up a new G43X the other day for $450.00...

I'm thinking of using the 15 round AS magazines as a day to day carry here in AZ, with the OEM ten rounders reserved for PRC (CA) visits only. Why not, even with the steel magazine release, there's no reason these won't work if needed as long as I don't routinely shoot the pistol with them?

It seems the 43 & 43x have really taken off!
I just picked up the Ameriglos for my G-21, it sucks getting older.

Yes, the steel mag release will work with the Shield and the Glock mags.
I'm thinking that if you're not using them on a regular basis, they won't tear up the Plastic OEM Glock magazines. If it does, it's $20 for a new Glock magazine.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
<Snip>
Without a means for the brass to escape the bottom of the holster, this renders you unable to reholster your handgun. And the only way to get the brass out is to fish it out with something long and thin like chopsticks, take your belt off and shake the holster out, or have someone hold you upside down by your ankles. Big Grin

</Snip>

I think a simple handstand would do the trick, even in full gear load-out, although the maneuver may require a bit of practice for those of you in less than optimal physical condition Big Grin

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Well it happened today.
I'm the proud owner of a Glock 43...

Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot the G43 as well as I do the G26, but the G43 has its place.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a 26. I like it too.
I have smaller hands it it has an aftermarket rubber grip on it.
I thought I'd hate it but I actually like it.
The mags have been extended to 8 rounds.
I have one 10 round but it makes it too big.

I'll take it to my range as soon as the rain stops.
Photos coming maybe tomorrow...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
After shooting Tabitha's, he had to have one. Big Grin

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You realize if you are ever in a defensive shooting how much money you are going to spend just so the lawyers can convince everybody you are not in a cartel. Smile

I actually really dig that frame. I mean I wouldn’t buy one for me but I do really like it for some reason.

Enjoy it in good health and may all your targets be paper…………ese Razz

Take care shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post