SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 21 so I know what the Glock 20 feels like, let us know how the Xten grip feels compared to the 20. I'm not in the market for a 10mm yet.

I'm meeting with the chief on Tuesday to discuss an early gun switch (we just got our gen4 31s in 2018) to the Glock 45 MOS-5 version because we have been unable to get ammo from our distributor for over two years now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Chowser, fingers crossed for you. The G45 has quickly become my favorite. I kinda wish I’d opted for an MOS model, but hey, they’re not hard to find.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have a personal Glock 45 already. Bought it without MOS. Once we were mandated RMRs at work, I had mine milled for an RMR. I’m just happy our dealer was able to quote me the MOS-5 version which is rmr cut from the factory. No mos plates to play with.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I have a personal Glock 45 already. Bought it without MOS. Once we were mandated RMRs at work, I had mine milled for an RMR. I’m just happy our dealer was able to quote me the MOS-5 version which is rmr cut from the factory. No mos plates to play with.

I’m really interested in having an RMR cut on my Gen 2 or 3 Glock 26 (I’m not sure which it is) … am I better off getting the factory slide cut or getting another slide?
I see many people send out their slides to have them milled with an RMR cut … I thing someone above said something about “The Glock Shop”. Is that only place / best place? Where do you send it and what’s the turn around time & cost?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATEI or Jaegerworks will do you right. There are many others out there but the above two are the ones whose work I've seen and held multiple examples of first hand, and the quality of workmanship with each has been top step of the podium.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 44 old guy:
Unfortunately I did buy a Glock 20. I hate it and buying a SIG 320 X TEN to replace that ugly gun

It may be fugly to you, but I think it will grow on you if you give it a chance. It's really a rather remarkable gun in terms of performance, durability and reliability.

Besides, nothing says you cannot have a company do slide cuts to make it look neat without compromising durability. There are many places that do that.

Look around a bit:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cust...09f18d9fc64b8cc5.jpg

Posts: 39 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

I’m really interested in having an RMR cut on my Gen 2 or 3 Glock 26 (I’m not sure which it is) … am I better off getting the factory slide cut or getting another slide?
I see many people send out their slides to have them milled with an RMR cut … I thing someone above said something about “The Glock Shop”. Is that only place / best place? Where do you send it and what’s the turn around time & cost?

There are many places that do it.

I recommend you research slide milling. Aaron Cowan at Sage Dynamics does quite a bit of testing. His conclusion, developed over time from this testing, is that DIRECT mill on the slide is far superior to using any mounting plate system. The Glock MOS system is particularly fragile and their factory plates WILL break early (and often). This is not desireable in a carry and/or training gun.

Keep in mind some companies are trying to come up with a better plate for the MOS system. I looked about a year ago and didn't find anything that seemed to be "in stock", well tested or in production. This could have changed in that time, so poke around.

Read Aaron's white paper and watch his videos on the topic.

As for where to get the work done, do a google search and the top 5 will be apparent.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I shot my G45 and new gen5 G19 at a steel match this last weekend.
I usually shoot an M&P or CZ so I wanted to see how swapping some different hardware in would effect my shooting. Being that this was an informal match for fun I also opted to draw from my aiwb concealment holster just for the practice.
The thing I noticed the most was the rolling trigger break. I think if I stuck with the platform I could possibly speed up my shooting due to the fluid way the trigger runs at speed. Smooth, consistent pull that rolls through the shot making good follow through very intuitive. I never felt a break. Just recoil and then I was letting off to the reset. The M&P has a bit more of a tactile thing going on with take up, wall, break, and overtravel.
The grip angle didn't bother me one bit and even made the mild recoil feel flatter. Like many others, I thought the different grip angles would be a big snag on the draw but If you're looking for your front sight you wouldn't notice it. At a static gun range shooting at bullseye targets I'd probably note the different feel but in action shooting it isn't a thing.
Overall I feel I need a lot more time with the Glocks to really tell if one or the other agreed with me a bit more but I'd guess this is an Indian, not the arrow scenario and my pick would simply be preference.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am returning to 9x19 sized Glocks. The G21 I have is too big for me to shoot comfortably. After dropping many $ on a match 1911, this year I am disinterested in pursuing grip reduction services for the G21. The G17 sized frame fits me perfectly so in the next year I hope to put a G17, G45, G34 and a G43x in my safe.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I see many people send out their slides to have them milled with an RMR cut … I thing someone above said something about “The Glock Shop”. Is that only place / best place?

I had my Glock 45 and 31 milled at Maple Leaf FA. It was about a week turnaround but that might be because it was for law enforcement.

IF you get the RMR cut, you're only going to be able to put RMR footprint optics on it.

Chief approved it so I just ordered 40 Glock 45 MOS-5 guns.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Chief approved it so I just ordered 40 Glock 45 MOS-5 guns.

Just like that, huh?
Chowser: "Hey Boss, I'm looking at these Glock G-45's, whaddya think?"

Chief: "Hmm, those look nice! How many are ya thinkin' Chowser?"

Chowser: "Hell, Boss, I don't know... 30 sound good?"

Chief: "Make it 40! Oh, get those red dot thingies on top too!"

Chowser: "I like the way you think, Boss!" Big Grin

I'm jealous!

I can't even get a damn gas team (pepper spray, the big fire extinguisher sized ones) when I need them. And here you are getting 40 Glocks tossed at you...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
We had an hour meeting today. We just got our guns in 2018. He mandated red dots in 2020 so they’re mounted stupid on our Glock 31s (dovetail mount). I told him we have to switch to 9mm because I haven’t gotten 357sig ammo in over three years from our vendors. 9mm is always available from our vendors. Also it’s 40% cheaper for ammo costs and the red dots will be mounted correctly were my big selling points.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
quote:
We had an hour meeting today. We just got our guns in 2018. He mandated red dots in 2020 so they’re mounted stupid on our Glock 31s (dovetail mount). I told him we have to switch to 9mm because I haven’t gotten 357sig ammo in over three years from our vendors. 9mm is always available from our vendors. Also it’s 40% cheaper for ammo costs and the red dots will be mounted correctly were my big selling points.

Remember to NOT use the MOS plate! It will break early and often! Either get a high quality replacement from a vendor or have the (non-MOS) guns milled to directly take the optic (most durable option).

Check out Sage Dynamics’ white paper.

https://www.sagedynamics.org/

posted Hide Post
quote:

Not bad.
I wish things worked that easily here.

But this is Chicago, my selling points would have to be who's related to what vendor, what's the less lethal ammunition, and what's the worst, least accurate red-dot.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomrkba:
Remember to NOT use the MOS plate! Check out Sage Dynamics’ white paper.

https://www.sagedynamics.org/

I used the white paper to argue for RMR over Vortex Venom years ago. lol.
We're getting the MOS-5 version which is direct milled for RMR by Glock. I was only authorizing the forward control or chpws plate if we had to get regular MOS guns.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
I am returning to 9x19 sized Glocks. The G21 I have is too big for me to shoot comfortably. After dropping many $ on a match 1911, this year I am disinterested in pursuing grip reduction services for the G21. The G17 sized frame fits me perfectly so in the next year I hope to put a G17, G45, G34 and a G43x in my safe.

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for a Glock 37, 38 or 39 in .45 Gap... Smile

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Size wise sure but I don’t want another cartridge to inventory. As it is 9x19, .32acp, .380acp, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .45acp and .44 Special is enough of a challenge for my logistics.

I also will have a new G43x by the end of next week.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a carried much, shot little 3rd gen frying pan G23C with 8 mags, night sights (need replacing) and an extra factory .357 Sig barrel for $450. Looking forward to putting some rounds downrange with it this weekend!

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a new Glock 45 and sent it off to DP custom works in North Carolina. He’s doing an RMR cut and putting on 1/3 co-witness Dawson sights and a fresh nitride refinish on the whole slide. $175 total including return shipping with insurance. I’ll keep ya posted on the finished result.

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock, again. This time it is a model 19 gen 5 MOS and I have to say I really like it! I need to put an optic on it and shoot it like it is going out of style!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post