SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
went to my old FFL and put together a bunch of gen3 Glocks for him. He bought a lot of guns from different PDs and destroyed the frames. He bought aftermarket gen3 frames and I put those back together for him. He's sourcing gen4 and gen5 frames now. For payment, I took a 19X Glock kit.

After searching for 19X frames, I decided I don't really need one that sort of duplicates my 45 so I ordered a gen5 19 frame. So sort of I will buy a Glock.

Stuck it on my 45 frame for now. gen5 17 frames are around $160, but 45/19X frames are $250ish and a 19 frame is $200. I ended up ordering a 19 frame. No need to duplicate a gun size like my 45.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a source to buy a Glock29SF frame? Would like a second one to mount an optic.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucas Tactical was at one point selling complete G29SF/G30SF frames. However it looks like they're currently out of stock.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You could save time and effort by leaving most of the end of the modified holster open.

Ever been in the middle of a dynamic training and had spent brass land in your duty holster? I have.

Without a means for the brass to escape the bottom of the holster, this renders you unable to reholster your handgun. And the only way to get the brass out is to fish it out with something long and thin like chopsticks, take your belt off and shake the holster out, or have someone hold you upside down by your ankles. Big Grin

This is why the little circular plastic lens covers on light-bearing Safariland 6XXX duty holsters are designed to be popped out. (Even Safariland reps say to do that.) The non-light-bearing holsters already have a hole in the bottom.

You know what’s easier than popping it out? Bump the WML switch to on when taking your gun out of the locker at the jail and put into your holster w/o noticing. The. Drive around for a bit wondering why one side of your ass is getting hot…… it will turn that disk into a ball of mush. Don’t ask me how I know.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
You know what’s easier than popping it out? Bump the WML switch to on when taking your gun out of the locker at the jail and put into your holster w/o noticing. The. Drive around for a bit wondering why one side of your ass is getting hot……

Big Grin

I've done that once or twice with flashlights in a pants pocket.

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on the Gen 5 G30.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK I just did a comparison of my 43 with my PPS, Taurus G2C and Marzy's 365.

The PPS and 43 carry the same number of rounds. (7+1)
The 365 has a chain gun load in the magazine
Same with the Taurus, load it in the morning and shoot all day.

Triggers. Well there is no comparison. 365 beats them all. It's all most too light and smooth.

Glock, well it's a glock. But I can put rounds on steel at 30 yards.
PPS, blows away the Glock and Taurus. Almost as good as the 365.

Sizes, the 365 is the smallest.
The PPS look larger because of the grip and mag.
The Taurus feels similar to the Glock

Ergonomics, the 365 feels good but the PPS just feels the best.

It's feel gave it the lowest felt recoil
The Taurus felt like a cannon going off. I don't know why it's so snappy.

Ultimately, the 365 wins all around with the PPS next. I thought for sure the PPS had a higher bore axis but it's negligible. It has a higher cut into the back of the grip for your thumb.
And a deeper cut under the trigger guard.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
OK I just did a comparison of my 43 with my PPS, Taurus G2C and Marzy's 365.

The PPS and 43 carry the same number of rounds. (7+1)
The 365 has a chain gun load in the magazine
Same with the Taurus, load it in the morning and shoot all day.

Triggers. Well there is no comparison. 365 beats them all. It's all most too light and smooth.

Glock, well it's a glock. But I can put rounds on steel at 30 yards.
PPS, blows away the Glock and Taurus. Almost as good as the 365.

Sizes, the 365 is the smallest.
The PPS look larger because of the grip and mag.
The Taurus feels similar to the Glock

Ergonomics, the 365 feels good but the PPS just feels the best.

It's feel gave it the lowest felt recoil
The Taurus felt like a cannon going off. I don't know why it's so snappy.

Ultimately, the 365 wins all around with the PPS next. I thought for sure the PPS had a higher bore axis but it's negligible. It has a higher cut into the back of the grip for your thumb.
And a deeper cut under the trigger guard.

Glock
Grip angle
Weight
Toughness
Reliability

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I absolutely trust the Glock as reliable.
And that tops all the reason I finally caved and got one.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Yes, I absolutely trust the Glock as reliable.
And that tops all the reason I finally caved and got one.

Gee.
I meant to add a smiley emoji because I didn’t want to across as starting a fight akin to a caliber squabble.
But I sure didn’t think you’d cave so fast.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased my fifth Glock today, a G30, from a Sig Forum member.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chowser, who makes that slide release?

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That is the kagwerks lever. I have them on my gen5 and gen4 because my grip keeps causing the slide to lock.

On my Glock 45, it causes slide scratches on the left side only.

On my duty gun (gen4 31), it does not.

We're switching to the Glock 45 next year. I already ordered another kagwerks lever for it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, as soon as I saw it, I knoew its purpose. I could use something like that for my G42 and G43, because my big paws will prematurely lock these pistols if I'm not careful.

So, I'm looking around but I don't see this lever for the slimline Glocks.

OK, I see it. They offer it for the G43 but not the G42.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
19 frame came today. Looks like Glock is only including two beavertail backstraps these days.

Gun feels good. I loaned my gen2 19 to my mom years ago and she won’t give it back and I gave my gen4 19 to a friend to use for her ccw class.

Glad to have a “19” back in the stable.

Not minority enough!

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Still waiting on the Gen 5 G30.

I want a Gen 5 G21 but with a 4" bbl.
13 + 1 capacity of .45acp and the size of a G45/G19X.

quote:
Glad to have a “19” back in the stable.

The Gen 5 19 is the best one yet.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Rumors of the Gen5 G20 in January. I hope the big frame is free of issues and I can pick one up.

Posts: 9965 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously considering an older 19.
I don't need all the interchangeable stuff.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Rumors of the Gen5 G20 in January. I hope the big frame is free of issues and I can pick one up.
I hope they eventually get around to offering a G19/26.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I hope they eventually get around to offering a G19/26.

??? They already have Gen 5 19’s and 26’s or do you mean something like the G45/19x only 19 frame 26 slide or vice versa?

I’d like a G30 G5 MOS myself. Not a 30s but a “normal” G30.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post