SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A G26 frame mated to a G19 slide.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A G26 frame mated to a G19 slide.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I'm seriously considering an older 19.
I don't need all the interchangeable stuff.

I carried my Gen 3 19 this morning on some errands. I was happy to swap back out for the G45 when I got home.

The old Glocks still work fine. I do appreciate the things they've changed since, however.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Rumors of the Gen5 G20 in January. I hope the big frame is free of issues and I can pick one up.

Heard rumors from a Glock LE rep of a Gen 5 Glock 21 .45 to be introduced at SHOT Show, too. Hope it's true.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Looking to add a G29. Good hiking companion. Haven’t seen any lately.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 29SF is a great backpacking handgun. I carry it center of my chest so the straps or belt aren't in the way. Don't hike where there are brown bears
so the 10mm can deal with any 4 or 2 legged threat. A very comforting pal.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily carry for years had been a g19 chopped down to a g26 grip. I cut it myself and while it's not pretty, it does conceal nicely. I never understood why glock never made this an factory offer. It makes more sense than the g19x/g45.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rumors of the Gen5 G20 in January. I hope the big frame is free of issues and I can pick one up.

Hmm. If true I wonder how wide that slide will end up being. I would imagine that the G20 and G21 would get a similar sort of slide widening treatment that the G5 .40s did to compensate for the cross pin removal.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

Heard rumors from a Glock LE rep of a Gen 5 Glock 21 .45 to be introduced at SHOT Show, too. Hope it's true.

Please be a MOS
Please be a MOS
Please be a MOS

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
My daily carry for years had been a g19 chopped down to a g26 grip. I cut it myself and while it's not pretty, it does conceal nicely. I never understood why glock never made this an factory offer. It makes more sense than the g19x/g45.

Different strokes.
Myself, I don't understand why someone would want a gun with a two finger grip and long bbl. My G45 conceals great aiwb with the grip tight against my body. The G19 and G26 print exactly the same under a shirt so that's a wash for me so I opt for the pistol I can get a proper grip on.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:

A friend of mine cut down a couple of 19s to 26 length a few years back. I had the chance to shoot and carry one of them a bit - REALLY felt good. Best part, no rear grip hump, the part of the 26 grip that I can't stand.

I currently have a Gen 3 26 that has a grip reduction, eliminating the rear grip hump and I love it. If Glock came out with a factory production 19 slide/26 grip pistol, I would definitely be looking for one. But only after a grip reduction to remove the rear grip hump.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A G19/26 hybrid would have the accessory rail on the dustcover. This is the only real advantage over the already excellent G26.

posted Hide Post
Well I don't know about a cut-down 19 since I'm still carrying a plain unaltered compact after all these decades. And frankly my hands would miss that poor old much-maligned backstrap hump. But what I have been on is a gray kick of late, and Glock has conveniently obliged my whim-of-the-moment by finally reintroducing their integral Glock Grey frames. And since my G23 continues to do me fine just as it is, I'm not presently interested in revising/adding to my carry choices. But adding another G17 couldn't never hurt. And in gray even. Smile

Just to pile on the ugliness--as the haters often call Glocks--I also decided to use this one as my test case for the ungainly Deltapoint Micro red dot. Yeah...it's weird-looking. But at least when I draw and present the G17 it comes up damn near spot on, just like a regular iron sighted Glock. None of that buggered readjusting I can't seem to get the hang of with the MOS guns. 32 years of shooting non-electrified Glocks did something to this person, and at least this fugly Leupold seems to allow me to continue in my ways somewhat unfettered.

The tiny viewport does take some getting used to and I'm not sure of the coating quality of its glass. At times it seems like there's an abundance of reflective artifacts from the red dot, but that could just be me and my astigmatism not playing nice with this optic. Not had any experience similar with other RDS however. Well, only time will tell.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It appears some kind of parasite has attached itself to your pistol.

posted Hide Post
Hopefully it's not going to be that creepy. I seem to recall innards everywhere shortly thereafter. Smile

-MG

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That would be a good solution for the G29/G20 models that Glock has left out of the MOS/Gen5 lineup.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The two options I am looking at:
1 Waiting until January.
2 Having slide milled and refinished.

I have been putting off getting a G20, but I have a gen4 G21 for a .460 Rowland kit. With the Acro2 out I’m more interested in pistol optics. I’m thinking of having the G21 milled and then refinished by CCR. Now that I typed that, I wonder if CCR has a local shop that would mill slides.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
https://www.familyfirearms.com...-45acp-4.61-3-13rd-1

Heard rumors from a Glock LE rep of a Gen 5 Glock 21 .45 to be introduced at SHOT Show, too. Hope it's true.[/QUOTE]

Please be a MOS
Please be a MOS
Please be a MOS[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Holy shit! I may have to grab one of those.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A G19/26 hybrid would have the accessory rail on the dustcover. This is the only real advantage over the already excellent G26.

Yup, that's pretty much it. The concealability of the 26 with a light rail.
I've heard the argument for a longer sight radius and better velocity but I don't think there's any discernable difference between the g19/26.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post