SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
There is for some of the more generic or older hollowpoints to expand properly for that half inch barrel, but some due dilligence can head off that problem.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 42, dumped it in a week, no Grocks for me, ever.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
I got a 42, dumped it in a week, no Grocks for me, ever.
Well that's a great story, but it's not exactly true, is it? You did buy a Glock.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’ve tried more carry pieces than I can count and keep going back to the 26. I’d love an MOS version with a rail. But for now I’ll make due. I know some say it’s too blocky and wide. She’s a big girl but I’ve never had a hiccup out of a 26 and that confidence, to me, makes up for the little bigger size.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A G19/26 hybrid would have the accessory rail on the dustcover. This is the only real advantage over the already excellent G26.

Yup, that's pretty much it. The concealability of the 26 with a light rail.
I've heard the argument for a longer sight radius and better velocity but I don't think there's any discernable difference between the g19/26.

I’d buy a G19/26 immediately. I think it would be a great hybrid as long as they kept the true G26 humpback frame.

I’ve experimented with some of my Gen3, 4, and 5 guns to look at the feasibility of blending slides and frames along with LoneWolf slide adapters, but the G26 frame rails are shorter than the 19’s, and the relief slots for the slide stop are different dimensions which don’t match up either. So you can’t Frankenstein a 19 slide into a 26 frame.

I’ll stick with my G27 gen4 and G26 gen5 carry guns for now but Hybrid might make me change!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I am hoping they will go the other way, a G26x if the current nomenclature holds, a 26 slide on a 19 frame. When Glock started swapping slides on frames a 26x became my Grail Gun. I have been sidetracked by the 43x but would buy a 26x if it were available.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good news everybody! Bowing to the pressure from the tens of customers who were clamoring for it, Glock will now be released the Glock 47 on the civilian market in early 2023, after SHOT.

The G47 is the Glock model that was adopted by Customs and Border Protection a couple years back.

The G47 is for all intents and purposes a Glock 17 MOS slide on a Glock 45/19X frame. What that means is it... does nothing functionally different than a Glock 17 in this configuration. Same G17 slide length, same G17 barrel length, same G17 grip length, same G17 mags, just using a G19 recoil spring and with a half-inch shorter dust cover section in front of the rail slot on the frame paired with an extended G34-style dust cover on the bottom of the slide to take up the slack.

The only "selling point" (if you want to call it that) is that you could now conceivably purchase a G47 and an additional G19 Gen 5, and put the G47 slide on the G19 frame if you wanted a quasi-factory longslide FrankenG19L instead of going with something aftermarket for that configuration. Then you could put the G19 slide on the G47 frame and have a FrankenG45. Thus you'd have the ability to swap around to have G17, G19, G19L, and G45 configurations, with only having to own 2 guns instead of 4.

I guess this is their attempt to try to allow customers to mimic a fraction of the modularity of stuff like the P320, while Glock gets the sale of two full priced pistols out of the deal?

I suspect the preorder will be rolling in any minute now.

The only way I see this G47 getting any significant market traction (outside of the existing fed contract) is if they were to straight up discontinue the G17, in which case there would be an increase in the eventual number of state/local LE agency sales of the G47, as G17 agencies eventually swap over when it comes time to replace their existing G17 duty guns.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah just saw that too as interesting as it is:

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
OK, I said "never again" after I sold my Gen 3 G19 10 years ago. I shot it well enough, but it never felt quite right in my hand.
Then, recently, I held a Gen 5 19 and "never again" turned into "I want one". Had to do a "work around" to legally acquire one in my (current) commie state, but got it done.
Never say never.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1236 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Probably my first purchase in the new year.

I have a Gen 2 and a Gen 4 Glock 21; the Gen 5 combines the smaller grip of the G4 with the lack of finger grooves of the G2 and I also like the internal improvements the G5 offers. I just hate the front serrations.

(Pics stolen from an auction on the big auction site)

I also own a Glock 42 and I love it. The first pocket 380 I got was a Colt Mustang XSP. Dream to shoot and carry. Then I shot my buddies G42 and bought one for myself. Such an accurate and easy to shoot gun for its size.

The XSP is slightly smaller and the G42 is on the verge of NOT being a pocket gun for me but I can still carry it easily in some board shorts (since these photos I have gotten Alabama Pocket Holsters for both of these, highly recommended). Lately I’ve been thinking about ankle carrying it though. I have a Ritchie Leather ankle rig for my Smith 442 and it is well made and comfortable. I see TGS have the same holster for the G42 on sale for a good price. After this Christmas is over I might pick one up.

I sent my XSP to Novak for a front night sight and a plain black rear lo mount also.

And finally my 442 in the Ritchie Leather ankle holster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I never thought I'd be up for carrying a Glock again on a regular basis. That changed after I recently purchased a G43X and made a few basic modifications. As is, this is an excellent choice for those living in or planning on visiting locations where magazine capacities are restricted to ten rounds. The grip design on this pistol fits my hand well, but the magazine capacity? Not so much. The later was what I'd had in mind when I bought it, BUT then I became aware of Shield Arms and the ability to utilize their 15 round magazines. I picked up three of these and the steel magazine release and was very impressed with their quality. Now, I could carry it with a total of 16 rounds in my own state (AZ) and switch to the ten round OEM magazines, when I visited family and friends in CA. I'll only use the ten round mags when necessary, so my steel magazine catch won't cause undue wear on the OEM polymer ones.

The white/white OEM sights were very difficult for me to use, but swapping those out for a set of Ameriglow (Orange Front) "Hackathorn" sights made a huge improvement. Finally, I installed a "Gen2" trigger from the Glock Store and after shooting/carrying Glocks for over three decades, I had a trigger that I was more than satisfied with. A Milt Sparks Summer Special II holster and one of their magazine pouches really made this a nice set up for travel or routine carry in my own area.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah just saw that too as interesting as it is:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_i5JYOxShY" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That muzzle break is the shizzinit!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm a weirdo. I don't want a short grip and a long barrel. WTF. with a red dot the barrel length means squat and a G17 barrel adds literally zero over a 19 one except weight and annoyance while carrying. I want a grip I can hold onto and a short(er) barrel. The G45 is the best combination they make.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any more information available about the Gen 5 21's? I'm hoping they Gen 5 the 41 too.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I guess I'm a weirdo.

I’m the same weirdo.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
I guess I'm a weirdo.

I’m the same weirdo.

As am I.
The short grips tend to shift in my hand a lot while firing. I have no problem concealing a G45 under a normal shirt so that and the G19 work great for me.
Again, to each his own. We are all built different so it's awesome to have so many great options.
I WILL be getting that Gen 5 G21 sometime next year. I wish it came with a 4" bbl but I'll take it as it sits.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
I guess I'm a weirdo.

I’m the same weirdo.

Same here, Have a 48 and 43, they are now married into my home built 43X, the 43 grip is too short and I can use it, but the 48 grip fits better..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The grip on a G19/26 hybrid we're talking about would be the same length as the grip on a G26, so, either you like the G26 or you don't, and if you don't, then of course you would not like any Glock with a G26-length grip. Also, a G19 slide/barrel cannot be described as a "long slide".

What such a hybrid would give the shooter is a dustcover long enough to mount full-sized WMLs. You could put a Surefire X300 on the pistol and light up the night, but the X300 sticks out past the end of the slide on a G19, as do Streamlight's full-sized offerings.

But, if you put a Streamlight TLR-7 on a G19, you get 500 lumens in a light which sits flush with the end of the slide.

So, what you would have in a G19/26 is the most compact 9mm Glock which accepts double column Glock magazines and full-sized WMLs, and with a TLR-7 mounted, it would be super-slick.

Furthermore, there are at least two companies I know of which offer grip extenders for the G26, and if you put one of these adapters on a 15 round G19 magazine and put it into the magwell of a G19/26, what do you have?

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
While I personally don't get along too well with the short gripped Glocks there's no denying the utility and modularity the 4" G26 would have. I don't use a WML on my carry pistols so I didn't realize the advantage there of having a bit more real estate for mounting.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
The G45 is the best combination they make.

Just got back from getting mine so hot I couldn't touch the slide. Easily my favorite Glock, and I've owned a few. Then again, I shoot the G17 and G26 better than the 19, and I've never owned a 26. That may be worth trying out. I don't think I'd be opposed to the G19/25 crossover being discussed.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I have no problem concealing a G45 under a normal shirt so that and the G19 work great for me.

Also same.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post