SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli:
Glocks are elegantly and sparsely designed for a certain no-frills price point. German engineers are ruthlessly efficient in meeting design constraints--it is no coincidence they produce the best firearms and the best automobile if you disregard price points. For the money there is no better to be had.

I only wish those German BMW's, MB's, and Audi's were as efficient, reliable, durable, and without frou frou frills as an Austrian Glock.

Hells yeah! Screw the carbine...Glock needs to make a car. Of course, they'd probably be criticized by people claiming they explode if you use anything higher than 89 octane.

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted Hide Post
Still looking for a good price on a Glock 19...

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glocks are elegantly and sparsely designed for a certain no-frills price point. German engineers are ruthlessly efficient in meeting design constraints

Wait, Germans make Glocks?

I'd imagine calling an Austrian a German would be like calling a Canadian an American! Wink

Posts: 34145 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Today at the range, there was a guy shooting a new Glock 22 Gen 4. He was kind ewnouth to let me try it and I think I just fell in love. Never shot a Glock befor so I never realized how tight the trigger pull is. No wonder you cops can squeeze off 1500 rounds in under a minute Big Grin

That new CZ I just bought yesterday may need to go on the market so I can get a 22 Gen 4.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5774 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still have not owned a Glock.......don't think I will either.

It is what you learn AFTER you know it all that is most important!

Posts: 570 | Location: McMinnville, TN | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim522
posted Hide Post
No glocks for me. Don't like 'em. I'll take my Sig's or SA's anyday.

SIG SP2022 .40S&W
SA XD-9 Service
Kahr CW 9
Taurus 24/7 .45ACP
S&W Sigma .40S&W
Walther P22

Posts: 30 | Location: Miami, Fl | Registered: February 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for that FREE Glock to happen, since that’s still the only way I will ever have one…
Couldn’t pass up a Free Glock to keep.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned...again
posted Hide Post
i like Glocks so much, i bought TWO 19's

Posts: 224 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a recently purchased Glock 20, Gen 2, great shooter. Recently purchased a Lone Wolf 40 S&W barrel through Dillon (took 3 months to arrive). Also a great shooter. The Glock doesn't fit and point as well as my .357 Sig XD, or my P6, or even my CW9, but now that I have one, I appreciate it's accuracy and reliability for sure. I have no plans to ever part with it. 10mm is alot of fun... oh yeah!

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239srt:
Still waiting for that FREE Glock to happen, since that’s still the only way I will ever have one…

------------------------------------

If I ever get a free Glock I will pass it along to you.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I keep being tempted every time I go by the LGS, but I've decided my next additions will be a P220 and a 1911. I just can't decide which will be first.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
quote:

------------------------------------

If I ever get a free Glock I will pass it along to you.

Thank you HighZonie. That’s f’ing great. Don’t see that happening, but you know my email and I’m in Mesa. Damn Glock's! I know too many people with them. I just refuse… Even though I shot some I like. NEVER, NOT, NA

Caswells in Mesa on ladies night, holy shit the amount of ladies with Glock cases make me sick. It has to be a brain washing thing.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 19 for my older daughter. Since I got it, she has not had a day off (ER charge nurse)that coincides with good range time.I went to the range yesterday, and purposely left it at home for her to break in. I must admit that with the RTF, it feels great, but I still am happy with my junk 1911 and Sigs. Wink

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:

Join the GSSF, go to a couple of shoots, and you, yes, even you could be the lucky winner of a couple of free Glocks.

Then, you could start the SSSF (SIG Shooting Sports Foundation) and the be the first member there with a free GLOCK.

0:01

Posts: 4234 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Well I got a G19 today.

Posts: 10005 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You will have to put that glock into my cold dead hand. It will never happen.

"This weapon is now your tongue and your poetry will be written in blood!" Nobody

Posts: 251 | Registered: September 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zan
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]I decided P239 because I can shoot 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357 SIG plus .22 LR from one frame with the Sig with a supported chamber

Soooo...who make a 22 lr conversion for the P239?

"This weapon is now your tongue and your poetry will be written in blood!" Nobody

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zan:
quote:
You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

Don't be ashamed. You're among friends. C'mon, you can tell us.

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Zan:
quote:

Don't be ashamed. You're among friends. C'mon, you can tell us.

Truth be told I could see my self buying one one day, however...It would be after I had bought all the Sigs and H&Ks I want (2 I have 13 more to go), and a few rifles and shot guns, so the likely hood is slim. I contemplated a Glock for my first pistol but after I shot a H&K I changed my mind. I regret nothing...lol.
I think Glocks are a great gun for the price, but the striker fire mechanism and single strike capability arent really my thing at this point in life. I doubt I would ever fall in love with it though, and would never fondle a Glock when i could do it with a H&K or a Sig. In my experience shooting a Glock was never a passion awakening experience like it was when i shot my first Sig and H&K. But if your in love with your Glock more power to you, enjoy it and dont shoot yourself in the foot (or any other place) with it.