SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Why delay the inevitable when Para's whispering sweet nothings into your ear?

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zan
posted Hide Post
I think someone should give Para a free glock for having created this monstrous thread. Well done Para, in a world where Sig threads live a die, the Glock thread reigns supreme. Big Grin

"This weapon is now your tongue and your poetry will be written in blood!" Nobody

Posts: 251 | Registered: September 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
I just added another but don't tell anyoneSmile

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Booner
posted Hide Post
Was not a Glock fan until I was issued one at work. Can't hurt them, they eat anything, and just flat work. I would feel terrible if I abused my Sigs the way I abuse my Glocks. A dirty Glock works as well as a clean one, and they're BOTH ugly.

Posts: 96 | Location: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
on the waiting list at my local fun shop for a gen 4 G19, and I think I'm going to buy another G26 to use as a suppressor host (already have a G17 and G19 suppressed)

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doubloon
posted Hide Post
Does a Kahr count?

I'm guessing it disassembles the same way as a Glock ... I've cleaned it once but it will be a long time before I clean it again.

The feeling I get when I have to pull the trigger to take the slide off is not comfortable.

Posts: 644 | Location: Houston-ish Texas | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DieselBoy
posted Hide Post
Held off on purchasing a G19 until the right deal came around....and yes, this thread subconciously lurked in the back of my mind long before...and after the purchase! Never really had a thing against Glocks....just that its not the greatest looking piece in the stable. So, picked up a used 19 w/ approx 500rds downrange w/ brand new Trijicon nite sights for $400! Now that's a deal in this Kommy state I live in!

Posts: 160 | Registered: October 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aquino914
posted Hide Post
I use a G19 at work and a G26 as a backup/off duty

Love my sig 228 but i now have a special place in my heart for glocks...ahhh that was good admitting it..like a great burden lifted from my shoulders Smile

Arghhhh...Bullets....My only weakness....How Did You know?!?!

~Harold& Kumar~

Posts: 678 | Registered: July 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is really bad, the last time I read this post I felt compelled to go out and find another 2nd generation 19 in mint condition and and ended up with 2 along with a new 26.. I have to stay away from this thread.....

Posts: 406 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
Unless they are made to fit better in my hands and feel comfortable, I don't think so........EVAR.

I bought one of the first ones available in my area. I liked the uniqueness but couldn't ever get it to sit comfortably in my hand. Traded it away and still don't regret it.

Posts: 25 | Registered: April 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've had three so far in my lifetime...one was taken before it's time (from the seat of my truck) the other I lost to Satan during the divorce...and now I've got a 22....it's an ugly duck but it goes bang whenever I want it to. "Utterly reliable" should be their slogan.

Chief Mike..out.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11378 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
1 of my current 7. Gen4 G17 with Defoor sights, KKM barrel, and some other internal goodness...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to keep an open mind about this and I hoped the Gen4 might be one I could live with...

Tried one...Ick...

I quickly washed my hands afterward so my SIG's wouldn't smell it on me.

Maybe Gen5...

MikeN

-----------------------------------------
Gun Free Zones are hunting preserves for innocent people.

I don't like government because its purpose for being is to govern. I don't want to be governed, I just want to be left the hell alone

Posts: 1679 | Location: Alabamistan | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
Looking at picking up a G26 for those times when I need to be like a "ninja". Razz

Looked at the PM9, but the price tag was too steep for me....and the G26 is a sure thing since having experience with them.

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Al
posted Hide Post
I had a few chances to buy a Glock but all ways chose something else. XD 45 and Sig P250, and of course my baby, P229. I just don't see myself getting no. No interest at all. Even though some people love them.

Posts: 565 | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fixedwithabullet
posted Hide Post
I agree I will probably own a glock Roll Eyes last time I went with a xd and next time it might be something else but eventually I will own one. I shoot them well so thats not the problem.

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!!

Posts: 1002 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: May 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of a gunslinger
posted Hide Post
Never liked the way the look, or how they feel in my hand, but I do want a light weight reliable beater.
Something for the glove box of my old truck, or the tool box on my tractor, a pistol that won’t make me curse if I drop it in the dirt, or on the concrete for that matter.
Something I can keep by the saltwater pool, and not care if my dog knocks it in.

Sooooo, I’ve been looking at a couple of Glocks as of late and I’m thinking pretty soon I will own myself a pistol that if it gets, scratched, chipped, dented, scuffed, marred , or blemished in anyway, I can say “No big deal that’s just my Glock.”

Posts: 119 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock...

No. I won't.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Or in my case you will buy many in hopes you will eventually find one that feels good in your hand. Because you know they are an extremely well made gun and want to like them.

Posts: 1901 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only if I can "buy it right."

Glocks make great trade bait. The only one I ever owned got traded (along with a single $100 bill) for an extremely rare prewar Smith&Wesson .22 Masterpiece.

Posts: 196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post