SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, Para, look at the number of posts he has. He doesn't know enough yet to comment on 'em.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chestnut101:
No, No, I wont plastic guns are for toysRus. Not even if you gave me one

... roasting on an open fire.... wishing he'd just said no....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38064 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Read on some other forum that Glock will do complete manufacturing in Georgia. Per EPA guidelines, they have changed the coating process. Seems they're going with more of a teflon type finish.

Apparently the change has taken place with pistols made in the last 'few months'.

None of this has anything to do with the Tenifer process.

Not saying the sky is falling, it's just interesting.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes i have a low post count, but at 51 years old. i just dont like tupperware firearms.
i remember when they first came out and leo agencies went gaga for them. the agencys loved the because they were CHEAP less than half the price of S&W or colt, or sigs. not better just cheaper. i remember when they were banned from fletc. the glock owners loved them because you could drop them from aircraft and they would still function! i responded with we were taught firearms retention! anyway i didnt post this on GlockTalk and i dont drink the coolaid:-)

Posts: 98 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
Its funny people call them plastic guns.HEHE. I just marvel in the fact that 72% of all law enforcement use glocks.I guess cuz they suck! Razz

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no because they are the LOW BIDDER but to each there own

Posts: 98 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g26s239:
quote:
Originally posted by g26s239:
I picked up my G17 within the last week and now I have a G17, G19, G21, G26 X 2, G27, G32 and G36.

Here is a picture of all my Glocks together.

I think I just found a new best friend! Nice picture! Im droooling over here Eek

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DennisE
posted Hide Post
Had 100 handguns + and not one Glock. Intend to keep it that way. Dennis

SIG 239 SAS Gen2 9mm, SIG 238 .380, S&W 686 SSR .357 magnum - Μολὼν Λαβέ

Posts: 678 | Location: Treasure Coast, Florida | Registered: January 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Why is this thread still going? Glocks are cheap plastic toy pistols. If you want a good polymer pistol get a HK or even a Sig 2022!

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chestnut101:
yes i have a low post count, but at 51 years old. i just dont like tupperware firearms.
i remember when they first came out and leo agencies went gaga for them. the agencys loved the because they were CHEAP less than half the price of S&W or colt, or sigs. not better just cheaper. i remember when they were banned from fletc. the glock owners loved them because you could drop them from aircraft and they would still function! i responded with we were taught firearms retention! anyway i didnt post this on GlockTalk and i dont drink the coolaid:-)

I wasn't really dumping on your low count, chestnut101 -- I had one of them once too. I was just amused at your low opinion of Glocks. I'm 73 years told, retired LEO, and never even held, let alone fired, a Glock until a year or two ago. Since then I've learned what they're about. I still like Sigs and all the other guns I carried -- j-Smiths come to mind, as do K models, Colt 1911s, etc. But I break out laughing when I hear someone call Glocks tupperwear guns, etc. It's an indication they don't understand, nor want to understand, what they're about. Not liking them for other reasons is fine -- couldn't get used to the grip, couldn't hit with 'em, broke out in a rash when you touched one, etc. I just bought a few hundred more rounds of .40 for my P226, so I'm still shooting Sigs and I carry a 225 when my dress calls for it. But I am a Glock fan too, mainly because the trigger is the same every time I pull it. I got used to Sig DA first, SA thereafter, drop the hammer when done, etc. I got used to the Glock trigger too, and quickly. No, it's not a half-pound competition trigger like I had on my range revolvers, but I don't do competition shooting anymore. Can't hold guns as steady as I used to. But I can take a Glock 19 out of the box and put 16 rounds in the 10 ring, mag after mag, all day long. Good 'nuff for me.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229steve:
Why is this thread still going? Glocks are cheap plastic toy pistols. If you want a good polymer pistol get a HK or even a Sig 2022!

Just for that, you get a bump!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:

An Hk is nothing but un overpriced glock.They are nice but id rather have the 2 glocks I could buy insted of the one HK.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sovietak474u:
quote:

An Hk is nothing but un overpriced glock.They are nice but id rather have the 2 glocks I could buy insted of the one HK.

Sounds to me like you wish you could afford an HK! Cool

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I want a G20, and a G26. But I would also like G19. But they are always pushed to the end of the buying list by steel. Sigh, one day.

Posts: 10005 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Sig's, as far as I am concerned my Sig 228 is the best 9mm i have ever owned, with my old 80's model Browning HP.
Having said that a few years ago i got a Glock27 for those of you who don't know thats a sub-compact some call "Baby Glock) in 40.S&W.
I got this simply cause at the time i needed a new BUG for my ankle and couldn't find a Walther P99 compact in 40.S&W.
Needless to say i was on the fence about it but the griend who sold to me,is a LEO in my city and works at a local gunshop and swore by the Glock27. sure enough i must admit that after about four years of using the Glock 27 five days a week in a Galco ankle glove the glock gets the job done.
I do shoot well with it and with the G.A.P.floorplate its simple to grip + the pearce + 1 also makes for a good grip extention, using a Glock23 mag with sleeve is also a plus and i must addmit i am on the fence now to see if I get a Glock 23 or a Glock 32 but that s for another blog....
If you look at it for what it is....In the end of the day the Glock pistol is a good, reliable tool.
When you point and pull the trigger the thing works and at the end of the day thats all you need to ask for.
Now if you just dont like polymer thats another story...if your gonna make tupperwear remarks then there go a bunch of other quality gun makers Sig included that have entered the world of polymer pistols.
If you don't like the way it sits in your hand is about the only reason that i would say stay away from it.
Like i said i am on the fence to get a Glock 23 this would be to carry all day as well, I must admit i love the idea of getting a Sig SAS Gen II in 40S&W or 357Sig but the truth is next to the Glock i am looking at about a $400.00 differance and now a days thats a lot of money for a tool.
I you need a good tool, thats what a Glock is in the end, are the guns that look better yes. but if you want good looks date a cover girl if you need a good relaible hand gun and your on a budget then there is nothing wrong with a Glock.

S&W 36 - .38cal
Walther PPK/s "Interarms"-9mm short
Sig 228-9mm
Walther P99 - 40S&W
Glock 27 - 40S&W
Derringer M1- 45colt/.410

Posts: 977 | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
On what date were the first Glocks sold in the USA?

Posts: 15996 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh I can.I was just saying for the money you pay for that crap you could just go out and buy 2 glocks.Glocks are a better value.HKs pistols are not my cup of tea, but I love their rifles.

Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Really not a fan of Glocks...I prefer all metal pistols.
Hey, everybody likes different things, but Glocks aren't for me and I have no plans on buying one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwnorth
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at either a Glock 19 or a Walther P99. Went out to shoot each for second time today, and I'm pretty much decided on the P99. It's more expensive, but I just like it much more then the G19.

I only own one other polymer pistol (FNP-45), but as someone with caustic sweat and skin (as I have learned the hard way with blued steel guns), I am warming to them (as long as the slide is either stainless, or something also really resilient, like tennifier treated).

No footprints when we go
Only where we've been, a faint and fading glow...
Bruce Cockburn

Posts: 703 | Location: Virginia (Albemarle Co.) | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh I can.I was just saying for the money you pay for that crap you could just go out and buy 2 glocks.Glocks are a better value.HKs pistols are not my cup of tea, but I love their rifles.

HK's are far from crap. SiG's and HK's are the most accurate production pieces I have ever owned.

That said, I own more Glock's (7) than I do either HK's (6) or SiG's (5), but they get the nod over the Glock's in every department...except the sticker price.

The HK's are not overpriced, IMHO. SiG's, however...I'm starting to wonder...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post