SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of krycis
posted Hide Post
Almost walked out the store with a g17 or 19 today. I need something fulfill my 9mm dreams.

Posts: 591 | Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock...

No. I won't.
Sure, I understand. Razz

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I bought a G19 for my daughter. I have not fondled, named or even fired it. I do not want a Glock, but if anyone asks which one they should buy, I will tell them G19.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Passionately Curious
Picture of Bsaunders
posted Hide Post
I own a G21, G26, G19, and a G17! I'm out of the closet and living free!!!! Big Grin

"When the pin is pulled...Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend!"

Posts: 2691 | Location: Grand Junction, CO | Registered: June 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Ok, Glock 19, Glock 26, Glock 17 Gen4, and two Glock 22s Gen4 (going to a couple classes next few months, and wanted a back up pistol just in case). I will be getting a Glock 23 Gen4 when it comes out. Right now I am trying to resist the lure of the Truly Dark Side........I want a Glock 38.....hmm .45 GAP.............. Big Grin

Posts: 4009 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I haven't read any of this thread beyond the original post. But... I disagree.

I will not buy a glock. Because, I've already bought one, and hated it. My wife is a filthy glocker, and I don't like her pistols. I have no complaints with glock as a mfgr, or with their reliability. But they're not for me.

I spent all of last week deep behind enemy lines. Everyone in my LII class, including the instructors, were agents of the dark side. Everywhere I looked there was a glock. I was all alone, representing all that is light, and good in the world. (sig) The volume of flak I caught for it was truly epic.

Even Agony, who promised to abandon the evil black tupperware prior to the class, showed up with Austrian plastic on his hip. I was so disappointed.... I thought he was reformed.... I thought he had given up the ways of evil..... but no. Frown

Posts: 15156 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ContractSoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it.

Dont rush to judge, i own a Glock 19 and I'm selling it to pay for my new, Sig P229. The Sig P229 is a better weapon.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the perfect storm of me having spare funds and a G19 to become available, preferably a Gen 2.

Is there any reason I wouldn't want a Gen II? I've heard a bit about the mags sometimes not dropping, other than that???

I'd like to just trade my Beretta 96D Centurion for one. An ad in the classifieds might be the ticket.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12940 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
Ok boys and girls. I am not a clock fan but I just went out five minutes ago with the 22c the wife bought me. I have been dry firing all winter and trying very hard to like it. I am also not the biggest fan of the .40 round. After 30 rounds at a reasonable distance with no warm up- The Glock Stays.

So, um, like, since the wife bought me this one, um, I suppose, If I bought a 20 or maybe a 19 I ah could honestly say "I only bought one. To try out a Glock" I mean that wouldn't be a lie , would it?

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Code Warrior
Picture of viking442
posted Hide Post
countrygun:
Be very careful... buying a G19 can lead to a G20, then a G29 and then a G32. Wink

Posts: 5177 | Location: Florida | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
i have often said there is a great difference between the way handguns feel when they are held or dry-fired. They don't all feel the same and we draw conclusions based on how the weapon "feels" and the sound it makes (snap, click, thud, thunk, whatever) when the hammer/striker falls. But when there is a live round in the chamber and the gun goes off, they all feel the same. Sig Sauer, Glock, Colts 1911, S & W, Beretta, it makes no difference. Of course, a 9mm Remington won't feel the same as a 10mm Double Tap -- but as long as the calibers are the same, I can't tell the difference when the guns go bang. Therefore, I take into consideration things like reliability, workmanship (pride of ownership), ease of care, etc. Beauty plays a role, which is why Glocks turn some people off. Maybe one of these days Glock will work on the cosmetics, but in the meantime, performance is what counts for me. Come to think of it, that applies in other areas as well :-)

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
But when there is a live round in the chamber and the gun goes off, they all feel the same. Sig Sauer, Glock, Colts 1911, S & W, Beretta, it makes no difference

Seriously? I can think of many differences. The biggest for me was shooting my P220 Carry SAO and my Kimber TLE RL II side by side. Way less muzzle flip.

Maybe in lighter calibers like 9mm the difference may not be as discernable.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12940 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironguy:
quote:
But when there is a live round in the chamber and the gun goes off, they all feel the same. Sig Sauer, Glock, Colts 1911, S & W, Beretta, it makes no difference

Seriously? I can think of many differences. The biggest for me was shooting my P220 Carry SAO and my Kimber TLE RL II side by side. Way less muzzle flip.

Maybe in lighter calibers like 9mm the difference may not be as discernable.

That is a shocker. I can tell that difference between a Sig 228 and a Cz 75 compact, even though the 9mm isn't much of a kicker.

Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Maybe for some folks. I focus on the front sight, put it on the target, freeze and squeeze until the gun goes off. Then I go back on target and repeat the process. I don't even think about muzzle "flip," stuff like that.

Recoil is recoil. Whatever it is is what it is. I think a straight line from the front sight to center mass and all the rest of the stuff goes out the door. I don't even remember the sound as long as I'm focusing on the target.

Now if I'm switching back and forth between weapons, sure, there will be difference because there are different things to do. But once the front sight is on the target and the squeeze begins, all handguns are the same.

For me, anyway.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what the 2010 LE/Homeland Security prices are?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
I did it again. I put a glock 19 on layaway. Its a gen 2. I like no finger groves as well.

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I keep asking my wife(a.k.a War Dept.) when I can pick up a G26. I've yet to get an answer, just like the Gov.! Razz

I've changed my mind yet again about picking up a Gen4 G19. I can live with my Gen3 just fine, and she's decked out in a HD setup under the bed. I need something small for when I just want to run up town, or go out of state to my parent's house. My old G26 was my constant companion before I traded it away. I want another one....shot it better than my G19 during qual's too, damn sweet shooter. Cool

Steve, I'll be getting with ya soon enough for a new G26, brother...

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before the pic popped up (dial up) I was typing

"It..Is..Alive"

posted Hide Post
Gee I still don't have a Glock. I don't think I'm going to get one anytime soon either.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post