SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of ChipSig
posted Hide Post
If you are thinking Glock, look at the G19 (9mm). Balance, handling, size and accuracy are great (at least for me). Ammo is affordable and it carries great! But I still really like my SIG229!

Posts: 76 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
I cant believe this thing is 68 pages long!!

Now go read 'em all.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHolland:
I cant believe this thing is 68 pages long!!

Now go read 'em all.

I can't believe it's not butter, spray!

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27073 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty darn happy with my G20SF. Especially with Double Tap or Buffalo Bore 180s in it. Hoo AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
I'm pretty darn happy with my G20SF. Especially with Double Tap or Buffalo Bore 180s in it. Hoo AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Why must you taunt me, dude? Frown

You know, full well, that I've been suppressing the urge to buy a Glock 20 for quite some time. Big Grin

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of natew73
posted Hide Post
I will buy another Glock if and when the Gen4 G21SF comes out.

Google, It can make you look smarter than you are.
Only the Sigs *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
P220 AB 9mmEU
P226 JG
P228 KE
P229 Pre-rail
P239 Tactical

Posts: 670 | Location: AL *****War Eagle***** | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by natew73:
And don't forget the Glock Carbine! Just around the corner. Yep, any day now.

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
muuuuuuhahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Alive!! Alive!!!

He test me! He test me! You evil do'er!

Posts: 160 | Location: Minneapolis, MN. | Registered: April 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of natew73
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by natew73:
And don't forget the Glock Carbine! Just around the corner. Yep, any day now.

Don't tease me like that about the carbine. I just figure that all the Gen2 Glocks made the transition to Gen3. Why not to Gen4? Seriously?

Google, It can make you look smarter than you are.
Only the Sigs *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
P220 AB 9mmEU
P226 JG
P228 KE
P229 Pre-rail
P239 Tactical

Posts: 670 | Location: AL *****War Eagle***** | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
As much as I loved my Sig handguns, I've ended up with a G19 RTF2 as my only pistol. It's rugged, fits my hands well, and requires minimal maintenance. It'll probably be the only handgun I own for quite some time as I work on getting through school.

Posts: 3526 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveTheBeav
posted Hide Post
I'm torn between a 17 or a 19.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

- General James N. Mattis, USMC

Posts: 3010 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveTheBeav:
You need a four Glock set; 17, 19, 26 and 34. Wink

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveTheBeav
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveTheBeav:
You need a four Glock set; 17, 19, 26 and 34. Wink

Yeah I know. If I can't choose, I should just get both.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

- General James N. Mattis, USMC

Posts: 3010 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are elegantly and sparsely designed for a certain no-frills price point. German engineers are ruthlessly efficient in meeting design constraints--it is no coincidence they produce the best firearms and the best automobile if you disregard price points. For the money there is no better to be had.

Glock Safe Action Pistols are effective within their design parameters at their price point, but they have weaknesses due to the trade offs made to keep that price point. A poignant example is their partially-unsupported chamber for calibers larger than the original 9mm caliber design. FOr most shooters most of the time, this is not an issue. But shooters who shoot a lot and use re-manufactured rounds or re-loads experience "Ka-booms". Essentially the brass fails at the unsupported point in the chamber and the exhaust gases blow down the magazine port distressing the polymer frame and causing significant damage to the firearm and sometimes it's operator. NOw these events are rare and can virtually be eliminated by not using re-manufactured rounds or re-loads but it can happen in rare instances with a flawed manufacturer's round.

It is up to you and how you view the tradeoffs of risk and expense and we all have different curves and where they intersect for us. Me? I'll stick with Sig Sauer firearms (and maybe H&K) for their quality design and reliability over most of the product line though it's always 'caveat emptor' with any product. Sig has their lemons and 'works in progress' as does everyone else. I own a P229 Equinox in .40S&W and I really like being able to drop in the .357 SIG barrel or the .22 LR conversion and have it work reliably. I know you can fix the unsupported chamber with an after-market barrel (such as Bar-sto). But I choose not to. The pistol is heavy but solid and exceeds my expectations on every level. I have fired Glocks and while they are great for what they are in their simplicity, I cannot say that about them--the corners cut for simplicity are not always to my liking. That is personal and my own choice. I like a de-cocker. I like a visible hammer as a safety check. I like an alloy frame with heft and durability. If I want a poly frame, Sig makes them or I'll buy a Glock in 9mm only or an H&K.

This is my personal preference and reasoning. We all have freedom of choice. Good luck and good shooting with your choice.

Posts: 13 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: April 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli:
Glocks are elegantly and sparsely designed for a certain no-frills price point. German engineers are ruthlessly efficient in meeting design constraints--it is no coincidence they produce the best firearms and the best automobile if you disregard price points. For the money there is no better to be had.

Glock Safe Action Pistols are effective within their design parameters at their price point, but they have weaknesses due to the trade offs made to keep that price point. A poignant example is their partially-unsupported chamber for calibers larger than the original 9mm caliber design. FOr most shooters most of the time, this is not an issue. But shooters who shoot a lot and use re-manufactured rounds or re-loads experience "Ka-booms". Essentially the brass fails at the unsupported point in the chamber and the exhaust gases blow down the magazine port distressing the polymer frame and causing significant damage to the firearm and sometimes it's operator. NOw these events are rare and can virtually be eliminated by not using re-manufactured rounds or re-loads but it can happen in rare instances with a flawed manufacturer's round.

It is up to you and how you view the tradeoffs of risk and expense and we all have different curves and where they intersect for us. Me? I'll stick with Sig Sauer firearms (and maybe H&K) for their quality design and reliability over most of the product line though it's always 'caveat emptor' with any product. Sig has their lemons and 'works in progress' as does everyone else. I own a P229 Equinox in .40S&W and I really like being able to drop in the .357 SIG barrel or the .22 LR conversion and have it work reliably. I know you can fix the unsupported chamber with an after-market barrel (such as Bar-sto). But I choose not to. The pistol is heavy but solid and exceeds my expectations on every level. I have fired Glocks and while they are great for what they are in their simplicity, I cannot say that about them--the corners cut for simplicity are not always to my liking. That is personal and my own choice. I like a de-cocker. I like a visible hammer as a safety check. I like an alloy frame with heft and durability. If I want a poly frame, Sig makes them or I'll buy a Glock in 9mm only or an H&K.

This is my personal preference and reasoning. We all have freedom of choice. Good luck and good shooting with your choice.

What you really meant to say was "I lust for a G19, but I'm rationalizing it away...for now". Right?! Big Grin

In all seriousness, Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What you really meant to say was "I lust for a G19, but I'm rationalizing it away...for now". Right?!

LOL. Good one. There are Glock 9mms in my future perhaps but nothing bigger. Nothing says rough and ready like a Glock 26 (except maybe a P238 if .380 is enough punch and often it is) they are elegant in their simplicity. But Sigs are no worse. I wrestled with the G19 versus P239 for a while--I decided P239 because I can shoot 9mm, 40 S&W, and 357 SIG plus .22 LR from one frame with the Sig with a supported chamber--admittedly with more cost individually, but cost savings overall. The GLock 26/27 are clearly superior firepower over the P238 but at the cost of being less concealable--they are fat compared to the Walther-PPK-like P238. Ballistics is a science, self-defense is a crap shoot of tradeoffs and percentages. Carrying a cannon is not always feasible and you pick your poison. Good luck and stay safe.

Posts: 13 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: April 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
Yea, if/when I get a Glock it will be 9mm...probably a 17.

Or a 10mm.

posted Hide Post
Early 40cal casings that had thin walls also contributed to the KB thing. Glock has silently improved the chamber support in recent years. In 357SIG Glock has always had excellent chamber support-one of the reasons I chose one in that caliber. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by advocatusdiaboli:

I only wish those German BMW's, MB's, and Audi's were as efficient, reliable, durable, and without frou frou frills as an Austrian Glock.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
There is a reason why the 19 is the most popular handgun made. Not my favorite caliber (.45, .40) but there's something about the 19 that just works. It shoots right, it rides on the hip right, it rides in the hand right, everything is right about the 19. Para's a Sig guy and he figured it out. I figured it out too but it took awhile. I like my Sigs but I carry the 19. I would depend on it come whatever.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post