SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Price may be a factor but that does not mean choosing a Glock is choosing a lesser gun. Glocks simply do not cost a lot to make but their engineering is superb. As has been said: low maintenance, no rust issues, easy repair, parts galore, high reliability, shoot fast and easy, and you can shoot a ton of rounds out of 'em. Many persons choose Glock when they can easily afford the higher priced pistols. In competition they are the choice by far. When you see a malfunctioning Glock in competition, the blame is aftermarket mods. Bill

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, you win. I picked up my first Glock today, G19. Damn thread. Smile

Posts: 71 | Location: KCMO | Registered: October 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i love my sigs(p6 and 226 in 40) but i like all kinds of hand gun including my g17 and my ruger gp100 if you ask me what i want in a gun fight i would say my 226 but for haveing fun at the range my g17 or my sw5906 is nice too!!!!

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fox.ag
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Many persons choose Glock when they can easily afford the higher priced pistols. In competition they are the choice by far.

I think The Sarge is right. I have had 3 Glocks. All three were good guns & fun to shoot. and yet... I still prefer a metal frame gun.

Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. Proverbs 23.9

Posts: 51 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fox.ag:
quote:
Many persons choose Glock when they can easily afford the higher priced pistols. In competition they are the choice by far.

I think The Sarge is right. I have had 3 Glocks. All three were good guns & fun to shoot. and yet... I still prefer a metal frame gun.
Yep. I've a marvelous selection of some very fine pistols at my disposal, yet I choose to carry the ugly, cheap ol' Glock.

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chewbackup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by fox.ag:
quote:
Many persons choose Glock when they can easily afford the higher priced pistols. In competition they are the choice by far.

Yep. I've a marvelous selection of some very fine pistols at my disposal, yet I choose to carry the ugly, cheap ol' Glock.

+2, Same here. I have far "superior" all metal pistols, but the Glock is with me when it counts, there must be crack-cocaine in the plastic or the Tenifer.

I love my wife, kids, dogs, Sigs, and Glocks, knives--In no particular order!

Posts: 690 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Slight correction...Glocks are not cheap. They are inexpensive because they don't cost as much to manufacture. Engineering-wise, Glocks are equal to any other gun on the market. They just aren't made of the same material and, thus, don't feel as heavy. I would prefer OEM metal sights, but that would drive up the price. If automobiles were stuck in ealy 20th century thinking they would weigh twice as much and cost much more to drive.

Glocks are made of space age material and other gun manufacturers are finally warming up to the idea too. We are the only ones who cling to our ideas that if it ain't made of steel it ain't a real gun.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
ALL HAIL GASTON GLOCK!!

My G23 is a wonderfull piece of work, as are all Glocks.

I just thank God there are other brands as well.

Posts: 13701 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one and traded. Have 5 sigs and one model 19 S&W. those are my keepers after 38 years of handgun shooting.
I think some folks opt for the glock over the Sig because of $$. I bought it because of that trigger. I traded it because of that trigger and the fact that the Sig is more accurate. The glock is accurate enough for combat purposes but if you're a target shooter and you get your jollys from eating one hole in the target accuracy is more valued than if you are strickly interested in it as a weapon. I think that glocks and sigs are both suitable as weapons but I belive that while the glock is superior in a close quarters confrontation with multiple assailants in a dark alley, that trigger has a greater chance of resulting in operator error than the trigger of a sig, a lot greater chance.I'd say for any use that would allow for not chambering a round until use was imminent the glock is superior. Pilots, soldiers, intelligence and the like. Everbody else, including paper shooters like me might be better off with a double/single action.

Posts: 705 | Registered: April 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig9mmAddict
posted Hide Post
I have heard nothing but good things about Glucks but I will never buy one. If I want a reliable personal defense gun or carry gun, I'll go with a Smith & Wesson revolver before a Grock. Glahks are just too damned ugly.

"I'm just a dog chasing cars."

Posts: 78 | Location: Lousiana | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig9mmAddict:
If I want a reliable personal defense gun or carry gun, I'll go with a Smith & Wesson revolver before a Grock.
Yeah, wouldn't want to miss out on that nifty internal lock. That would be a shame. Razz

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig9mmAddict:
I have heard nothing but good things about Glucks but I will never buy one. If I want a reliable personal defense gun or carry gun, I'll go with a Smith & Wesson revolver before a Grock. Glahks are just too damned ugly.

When it comes to self defense I dont think how the weapon looks will help you in a firefight.Sure your S&W looks all shiny and the grips are all smooth.But if there is more than a few people your screwed.And I doubt that a killer is goin to stop attacking you and say oooooooo nice gun , ima leave you alone.

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soviet AK, if the killers trying to do you harm in the darkness of night are armed with glocks the only chance you have is if you have a P229 Sig .357. Close your eyes, fire once in the air then open your eyes and while they are blinded for 10 seconds either run or hide.

Posts: 705 | Registered: April 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawrad:
Soviet AK, if the killers trying to do you harm in the darkness of night are armed with glocks the only chance you have is if you have a P229 Sig .357. Close your eyes, fire once in the air then open your eyes and while they are blinded for 10 seconds either run or hide.

Confused

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I have a like new G17 it was a good deal and I've always been curious.. I don't shoot it very well though, the trigger sucks and I can't get used to the grip.. I love the low bore axis compared to my Sigs and 1911 but that's the only upside so far.. With 9mm being so scarce right now I'm thinking of selling it as I have a 228 and 226 that need to be fed.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of one50npump
posted Hide Post
No glock for me. The grip angle just isnt for me. I much prefer my XD or 2034 for plastic guns.

Posts: 110 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have owned a Sig P-226 since 1985 or was it 86' .........and it has only been a few months ago that I decided to try this Glock thingy. Model 17 , of course !!!

Now since I tune and re-build 1911's ..... I put my tinkering into that Glock 17 and changed a few parts. It now has one of the best Glock triggers that a die hard Glock collector has ever shot - so he says ?? I wouldn't know, but I do like the trigger and set the handgun up for my wife to use as the home defense gun. It IS a truly safe and simple pistol to operate for those that don't spend a lot of time at the Range -- i.e. my wife!

Remarkable how simple the design and yet highly reliable. Ole Gaston was looking for a simple; cheap to mass produce handgun and he and a bunch of ole boys came up with a pretty good design. Naw ......... that "space age" polymer frame wasn't chosen because it was SPACE AGE..... it was chosen because it was cheap and easy to mass produce frames without hardly ANY tolerance stacking issues. Glock could now REPLACE experienced Gunsmiths with "assemblers" at his handgun factory. Again , a very smart cost cutting manuver !!

Next, the Ole boy went out on a world class marketing adventure ...... and sold his cheap to manufacture handgun to any LEO that would listen. At one point Glock was trading "one for one" used Beretta 92sf's for his "brand new" pistol. LEO agencies jumped for joy to get new handguns for their old 92's. Then Ole Gaston turned around and sold the 92sf's ( all steel pistol )in the secondary market for more ( profit wise ) then he would make on his model 17's !! Pretty darn smart I think !!

So I will admit openly, while not in love with the Glock 17 .....I do respect the engineering and the ease of use !! The Glock trigger requires just enough time to pull and reset to match perfectly the time required to adjust for recoil and re-establish your sight picture. So it's Bang bang bang ..... a smooth steady onslaught of bullets onto the target. My wife by the way loves the gun, no acounting for taste --after all she married me -smile-

JF.

Posts: 122 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm considering selling my 226, as it is a safe queen, and buying a G17 to build up for competition. I have a G19 and love it. But I will not completely go to the dark side, I will still have my 228, 229, and 2340.

Posts: 95 | Location: In the desert | Registered: August 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My G32 is finally supposed to get here next week.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Clemson SC | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
quote:
Originally posted by lawrad:

Confused

I think what he's getting at is that many, probably most 357 SIG loads give off an impressive muzzle flash. Particularly out of a shorter barreled pistol like a 229, the muzzle flash will be bright. So What lawrad is probably suggesting is that if you fire off a shot with a 357 SIG while your eyes are closed in preparation, the muzzle flash will temporarily blind your oponents leaving you able to capitalize on the situation. I am sure that lawrad's comments were made in jest, but I will agree that the muzzle blast from a 357 SIG P229 is quite impressive.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5595 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post