SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Sold one of my WG P226 pistols today, I only need one...

I rented a G20 today..
10mm is out, just didn't do it for me.

Rented a G23 and P229 in 40.
Despite my dislike of the 40cal, I shot the G23 better by far.
Finger grooves didn't seem to be the issue that they were before.

Looks like my next Glock with be either a G23 or G32 accompanied by a 40cal or 357sig depending on which I end up with, so I can run both calibers thru the gun.

Going to the gun show Saturday to see what I can find.
If I see a Gen 2 G21, I'll nab it instead.

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Love the G23, and it would a great choice, if your still undecided.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like my next Glock with be either a G23 or G32 accompanied by a 40cal or 357sig depending on which I end up with, so I can run both calibers thru the gun.

The G23 Gen4 has proven itself to be my favorite, something I never would've imagined being the outcome when I first started down this path.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runnin' home to some small Ohio town
Picture of STUGOTSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:
Originally posted by STUGOTSIG:
Got mine today! Cool
Not bad for a buck and a half.

It has Avatar blood all over it...

Then I'd have to be "STUGOTGLOCK" or "Buckandahalf Blue" Big Grin

And here she is in all her glory Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: STUGOTSIG,

__________________________Law Enforcement can visit our website at www.stdlaw.net __________________________

Posts: 5777 | Location: Too close to Top Gun Supply | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
SO, right at 24 hours after selling one of my WG P226 pistols, a new Glock comes home..

I held many a handgun at the gun show today, G22, G23, G31, G32, G42, G21, Gen 3s and Gen 4s.
Taking notes and comparing prices of what I was considering.
I decided instead of going with the 23 or 32, I wanted the full size frame since this will be more of a range gun.
The full size fit better in my hand even with the finger grooves.
I found the Gen 4 feels better in my hand, but I don't like the aggressive texture on the back strap.
Although that can easily be lightly sanded down like I did with my VZ and Houge G-10 grips.
The Gen 4 finger grooves are not a fat as the Gen 3.

SO once I figured that out, I had to decide between the 22 or the 31 in Gen 4.
Both same price, different sellers.
I choose the G22 for a a few reasons;
40cal is easier and cheaper to break the gun in.
The only decent prices for 357sig ammo are online.
I'll have to order a 357sig barrel for it anyway.
Another reason, I figured if I got in a jam and had to sell it, it would be easier to unload a 40cal pistol than a 357sig pistol, even if I did have both barrels.

I was pretty impressed with the prices at the show today for the most part.
Even found a big ammo seller with Walmart prices for ammo..
Also bought 2 more mags for $25 each, probably designate them to 357sig.
The seller gave me the Glock key chains, this is probably the 8th firearm I've bought from him in the last 10 years.

SO yes, I will (did) buy a (nother) Glock..

BTW, I also finally held a G42.
I didn't like it, it is practically the same size as my Kahr CM9.
I won't be buying one unless the wife specifically asks for one..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1lowlife,

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held a couple more this pass week. Havent bought one yet, but have still been looking. Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric357:
I held a couple more this pass week. Havent bought one yet, but have still been looking. Big Grin

It's perfectly normal to fondle extensively before getting the real thing. We don't judge here... Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Wise choice on the G22 1lowlife. Hard to beat for accuracy in the .40 cal.

I do like the aggressive texture on the back strap, when shooting the .40, as it gives you a little extra hold on the pistol.

Many police depts. carry them as their sidearm of choice in my area.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runnin' home to some small Ohio town
Picture of STUGOTSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

You can also put an aftermarket 9mm barrel in it and with G17 mags, shoot 9mm.
You may experience a FTE once in a while but if you're shooting paper, who cares.

__________________________Law Enforcement can visit our website at www.stdlaw.net __________________________

Posts: 5777 | Location: Too close to Top Gun Supply | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
Wise choice on the G22 1lowlife. Hard to beat for accuracy in the .40 cal.

I do like the aggressive texture on the back strap, when shooting the .40, as it gives you a little extra hold on the pistol.

Many police depts. carry them as their sidearm of choice in my area.

I'm going to take it to the range before I do any modification to the grip.
I rented 5 guns at a range Friday, maybe that is why the Gen 4 texture felt so aggressive on my princess hands..

quote:
Originally posted by STUGOTSIG:
quote:

You can also put an aftermarket 9mm barrel in it and with G17 mags, shoot 9mm.
You may experience a FTE once in a while but if you're shooting paper, who cares.

That is good to know.
Thank you..

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
A question for those in the know;
As far as barrels go, Glock, Lone Wolf, Bar-Sto, Storm Lake, or KKM?

Any suggestions or is one any better than another?

I'll only be buying the 357sig barrel at this time...

Thanks..

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I will always take the factory option if available. Problems with a factory part are warranted more or less.

9mm, just pick one. People use all of them. I do see alone Wolf mentioned more than the others.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12744 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Factory barrel is always top choice IMO.

If you want to do something like shoot lead through your Glumph, then you'll need an aftermarket barrel with tradition land-and-groove rifling. Other than that, nothing else will fit as well and function as well as the factory barrel.

Posts: 108121 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gentlemen..

I just ordered the stock G31 barrel from LWD .. Wink
And because I have somewhat of a bit of OCD issues, I ordered 3 G31 mags from GregCoteLLC .. Roll Eyes

On to find some decent prices on range 357sig.. Big Grin

One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Good. Choice. Stock!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know how the LWD barrel works out for you. I still have and carry my old issued 1998 G22 and have a small supply of .357 SIG ammo..am considering getting a .357 barrel for it.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosigsyet:
Let us know how the LWD barrel works out for you. I still have and carry my old issued 1998 G22 and have a small supply of .357 SIG ammo..am considering getting a .357 barrel for it.

Sorry for the confusion..

I ordered a stock Glock 31 barrel from LWD..
Not a LWD barrel..

Although I'm thinking about sending that G31 barrel to CCR for CPII.
That way I could tell at a glance which barrel is which.. Big Grin
I don't want to be the one to post - "I ran a 357sig round in my 40cal barrel".... Roll Eyes

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Doing my part to keep this thread going. I actually started a new topic about my two purchases in one day, but watched that one sink like a stone off the front page. Wink

One of them was a P227, but no pics of that here.

The other was my first ever Glock, a new Gen 4 G23.

I gotta say Glock brings it strong with 3 mags included plus a bunch of backstraps in the box.

I put 50 rounds through it "as is" and was impressed. Snappier than my P224, but I expected that since it is so much lighter. Just as accurate, and I can get rounds off quicker with the G23 than my DAK P224. At least that is my perception - I haven't actually timed it.

Carried it today for the first time. Using an IWB holster it is lighter and narrower than the P224, making an all-day carry about as easy as it gets.

For what I will use it for - EDC in a hot, humid environment - I have nothing but good things to say about this gun.

But I still like shooting my full-size SIGs more!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of krazyk86cu
posted Hide Post
My first Glock and first handgun!

I enjoy this thread a little too much.

Posts: 121 | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nosigsyet:

Sorry for the confusion..

I ordered a stock Glock 31 barrel from LWD..
Not a LWD barrel..

Although I'm thinking about sending that G31 barrel to CCR for CPII.
That way I could tell at a glance which barrel is which.. Big Grin
I don't want to be the one to post - "I ran a 357sig round in my 40cal barrel".... Roll Eyes

That reminds me of a funny story from work. I was doing qualifications several years ago for our agency command staff at an indoor range that belonged to another agency who issued .357 SIG handguns. The #2 man at my work, normally an expert shot, shot patterns, not groups for his first course. Turns out that he accidentally pulled a box of .357 SIG ammo from our host's ammo stash instead of our .40 S&W. He was quite embarrassed at first, but we all had a good laugh about it later.

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post