SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 03556JLL
posted Hide Post
This is normal. kind of looks like a oblong primer strike.

STAY LOW AND SHOOT STRAIGHT!

Posts: 161 | Location: So CAL LAX Area | Registered: March 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
name is Joe and I AM a Glock addict.

With an avatar like yours, you should be running a Pardini.

Posts: 15996 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
Have a 26 and a 36; Next a 20 and a 29.

"Son, when your commanding officer says, 'Shoot that man's eye out!' the appropriate response is, 'Which eye, Sir?' and if he's good he'll let you pick."
- My father, I was five
Management 101: Push decisions down.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jonesbb630
posted Hide Post
I went to an IPSC match last weekend where we were 12 competitors. 7 out of 12 had Glocks. At least 3 or 4 of them had problems with their Glocks. As usual, my P226 performed flawlessly where I finished 2nd in standard division. I would buy at least 2 other brands before I even look at Glocks. I will stick with my P226 W. Germany and I just ordered a new Blackwater Tac.

No Glocks for me please. Never

Blackwater Tactical 9mm
West Germany P226, 9mm

NO TRESPASSING. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Posts: 348 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonesbb630:
I went to an IPSC match last weekend where we were 12 competitors. 7 out of 12 had Glocks. At least 3 or 4 of them had problems with their Glocks. As usual, my P226 performed flawlessly where I finished 2nd in standard division. I would buy at least 2 other brands before I even look at Glocks. I will stick with my P226 W. Germany and I just ordered a new Blackwater Tac.

But there must be a reason so many chose Glock in the first place?...

Personally Ill take an M&P9. LOVE that gun.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I have become very interested in the Glock 19. One of the things that puts me off on it is that I've read you shouldn't reload Glock spent brass due to the loose chamber tolerances. Any truth to this? Does this mean you have to buy an after market barrel to shoot and reload for Glocks?

Posts: 108 | Location: Northeast Montana | Registered: May 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kjdoski
posted Hide Post
The Glock chamber has less support than many other makes. This MAY lead to slightly bulged cases, but typically only in higher pressure loads like .40 and .357 Sig.

I had a first generation G22 that I fired well in excess of 15,000 rounds through over the course of a year, and the overwhelming majority of those rounds were my reloaded LFP loads. I don't recall a single instance where a "bulged" case made it non-reloadable - and, like a young, inexperienced reloader, I just reloaded the brass until it split.

Don't take this as a recommendation to fire lead reloads through YOUR Glock - there have been way too many proven instances where barrel leading has led to dangerous or disastrous pressure. But, I wouldn't hesitate to recover and reload 9mm brass fired through my G19...

Regards,

Kevin

"Fast is fine; accuracy is final"

Posts: 4013 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by kjdoski:
I'm picking up a G30SF on Wed (work permitting).

Let me know how it goes. My asst T/L just bought one and loves it. I am really thinking about picking up a G23, due to my deep supply of .40

Everything he says though, the recoil of the G30SF is a lot more manageable during the rapid fire than the G23.

I've had a G30sf for some time now and have not fired it yet. Lazy, I know, but I'd rather play golf this time of year. I do like the way it fits my hand though. Definite improvement over the older G30.

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Kjdoski. It set my mind at ease. I only reload jacketed bullets, so leading shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again.
Wade

Posts: 108 | Location: Northeast Montana | Registered: May 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjdoski:

- and, like a young, inexperienced reloader, I just reloaded the brass until it split.

Regards,

Kevin

LOL - I thought I was the only one that did that! Wink Well....... I only do it with .45 ACP!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

O yes - the price .. Wink

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't, I won't, I won't! Quit looking at me.

Posts: 299 | Location: "Gun Town", USA | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jonesbb630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHolland:
quote:

Personally Ill take an M&P9. LOVE that gun.

Price$$$$ Period...

Blackwater Tactical 9mm
West Germany P226, 9mm

NO TRESPASSING. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.

Posts: 348 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Ok you got me. Went by the local gun shop and picked this one up this morning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently Glock-less, but after today, that may be changing. I took my "new-to-me" P239 to the range today. Just for kicks, I borrowed a rental Glock 26 as well. (I'm a member at the range, so we get free use of the rentals.) Well, wouldn't you know it...I shot the G26 a lot better than the P239. I had the targets set up at 7 and 10 yards, everything was off-hand. My G26 targets showed tight little groups, (at least for me.) The P239 groups were comparatively large. I have no idea why; I did most of my shooting the P239 in SA mode, so you would think that the lighter SA trigger would yield better control. Interestingly, I think that I actually prefer the more forward angle of the Glock grip; it seemed more stable to me today. Hmm. Weird...

TMann

Posts: 233 | Location: Washington State, U.S.A. | Registered: May 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Price$$$$ Period...

Just attend the IDPA Nationals and see what they use including the top shooters overall.
If you think these shooters use Glocks because they they can't afford something else you're sadly mistaken.
Look for yourself. Be sure to find out what the overall winner used hotshot!
http://www.idpa.com/matchresul...s/HTM/2008-10-01.htm
http://www.idpa.com/tj.asp?ID=215

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
TMann, you have now been infected with Glockitis, which is a disease with no known cure. Well, there is one known cure -- getting one of every Glock model made. Once that happens recovery will begin. But don't get rid of one of 'em because it is entirely possible you will suffer a relapse.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullseyeShooter
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Glock G26 last year. It was a really nice firearm. It shot as well as my P226. I was very impressed by it.

I could not get use to the disassembly of it and having drunk of the SIG Kool Aid and the simplicity of the SIG disassembly, I traded it in on another SIG.

I do suggest a Glock to those who do not want to pay the price for a SIG. Wink

Posts: 440 | Location: South East Florida | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the_carver
posted Hide Post
The thread that would not die.....

G32 OD on it's way to my FFL... that makes three in two months...

Posts: 278 | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave-40:
quote:

O yes - the price .. Wink

Just goes to show you... you get what you pay for

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post