SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of M_E_
posted Hide Post
And the answer is still no, I will NOT buy a Glock. I was looking at a G26 and found a Walther PPS in 9MM. It went home with me leaving the little brick Glock crying in the show case.

The bigger the hole, the harder they squirt!

Posts: 991 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have a 19,and i like sigs,colts and kimbers to show to my friendsthe 19 is to show the bad guys

Posts: 24 | Location: west henrietta,ny | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catalina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jonesbb630:
I went to an IPSC match last weekend where we were 12 competitors. 7 out of 12 had Glocks. At least 3 or 4 of them had problems with their Glocks.

Same experience for me in a 500+ round training class. My P2000 never as much as hiccupped once, while the G22's and G17's were acting like too tight 1911's!

Well maybe not quite that bad, but I really did not expect to be waiting for Glock's to be unjammed that weekend.

We boiled it down to 1)dirty guns and 2)cheap arse ammo. You got a cheap gun, got to put the cheapest ammo you can find in it I guess.

I had zero issues with relatively inexpensive Georgia Arms ammo.

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K (or Sig!)

Posts: 246 | Location: O-H ! ___________ I-O ! | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Catalina:
quote:
Originally posted by jonesbb630:
I went to an IPSC match last weekend where we were 12 competitors. 7 out of 12 had Glocks. At least 3 or 4 of them had problems with their Glocks.

Same experience for me in a 500+ round training class. My P2000 never as much as hiccupped once, while the G22's and G17's were acting like too tight 1911's!

Well maybe not quite that bad, but I really did not expect to be waiting for Glock's to be unjammed that weekend.

We boiled it down to 1)dirty guns and 2)cheap arse ammo. You got a cheap gun, got to put the cheapest ammo you can find in it I guess.

I had zero issues with relatively inexpensive Georgia Arms ammo.

I would be willing to bet most if not all of those guns had shit done to them. Lighter springs etc.. If those folks are having all those problems with Glocks then THEY are doing something WRONG. Screwing with the pistol or shooting bad ammo. I've shot countless thousands of rounds through Glocks and have seen countless thousands of rounds fired through them and I can tell you Glocks are as reliable as any Sig or HK.

I have fond memories of going to an IDPA match out of state. There were around 40 competitors there. I remember 2 of those 40+ folks shot HKs. One of the guys was all decked out with tactical 511 pants, HK shirt , HK hat and matching range bag with the HK logo. I believe he came in last place! Razz
That pretty much sums up my opinion of folks who tout HKs as the be all end all pistol.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
Ive been to two glock GSSF shoots. They do not allow add ons you have to keep it stock. And ive only saw ONE glock hang up once. As for the other shoot once people put aftermarket parts on there then they are prone to fail. I put a bunch of crap on one glock and it ran like crap. My glock 21 is stock and ive never had one problem.

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my night sights installed and a holster shipped out. Damn thing carries pretty nice. Looking forward to winter when I can have it behind a shirt and when I bend the wrong way, I won't have a chuck of icy-cold metal poking my gut. That's an eye-opener I tell ya. Big Grin

Posts: 2209 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catalina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
That pretty much sums up my opinion of folks who tout HKs as the be all end all pistol.

That only happens on HKPro. Wink

Just stating the facts of what I witnessed.

The Glocks had some paint on the sights, that was all the customization allegedly.

Go Glock - until you can afford H&K (or Sig!)

Posts: 246 | Location: O-H ! ___________ I-O ! | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

LOL - I hear that Catalina! Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i hated the glockenschpiels and spat everytime i saw one...until i woke up one morning and thought i needed a g33..after that it was a g19...then a g17...then a g23...and i did fondle them late at night...but never let my 1911 buddies know about it. i finally came out of the glock closet about 9 months ago, at the range, when my foolish friend was bragging about his be-all end-all springfield G.I. model 1911, after it stove-piped 4 times, and had 2 FTE's, I promptly introduced him to the "revolver-with-a-magazine(G17)"...needless to say, he doesnt bash glock anymore either...

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just stating the facts of what I witnessed.

The Glocks had some paint on the sights, that was all the customization allegedly.

You know, I've seen HK's hang up to. Same as Sigs. Doesn't mean it's a bad gun, operator error. Doesn't make one better htan the other.

I used to own a USPc in 9mm - the thing was a tank. I didn't like the DA trigger, and there was a lot of creep in the SA trigger. Accurate, reliable, ergonomical....however those are all things that I can say for my Glock 19 - which now resides on my hip.

I hate kool-aid threads of all sorts, glock/1911/hk/etc. Proving one is better than the other is seriously retarded

Posts: 573 | Location: Colorado | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one...er...two. My first, a Glock 23, was 100% reliable but I never got used to the trigger. My 15 yard groups looked like shotgun patterns. It went away.

Several years later, I had convinced myself that it was the factory sights that caused me such woe, so I purchased a Glock 17 and installed night sights that were consistent with my other pistols. Unfortunately accuracy improved little, and that disappointment was joined by frequent malfunctions using factory mags/ball ammo.

Enough people swear by Glocks that I can confidently say that my experience with the 17 was probably an anomaly, but the guns just don't do it for me. I know they are good guns, and wouldn't fault anyone for choosing them, but they're not for me.

Posts: 178 | Location: SoCal | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in trouble now! I carried the G32 for most of the day today. First on a four wheeling trip and then after getting talked into fetching a trailer for a friend who is moving again (no more trucks for me after this one! I hate helping people move shit). And it was great. Much lighter than the Sigs, and it being kind of a sticky day I didn't feel bad about sweating all over it either.

Para, what model am I supposed to buy next? Big Grin

Posts: 2209 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bowona13
posted Hide Post
Come to the Dark Side. Mad Just Keep it in the Closet Eek

Posts: 15 | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
" you will buy .."
Surely not before Glock makes a hammer-fired gun - or at least a gun with a safe decocker .
I prefer CZ, SIG, Ruger ..

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
OK I admit it, I drank the Kool-aid and bought a G19 last weekend. Just don't tell anyone!!

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" you will buy .."
Surely not before Glock makes a hammer-fired gun - or at least a gun with a safe decocker .
I prefer CZ, SIG, Ruger ..
==============================================
You are missing the beauty of the Glock design !! No need for a "decocker" because the pistol IS in a safe state until the trigger is pulled and cocks the striker all the way.

JF.

Posts: 122 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
OK I admit it, I drank the Kool-aid and bought a G19 last weekend. Just don't tell anyone!!

Fine choice sir! Those are just super!

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are missing the beauty of the Glock design !! No need for a "decocker" because the pistol IS in a safe state until the trigger is pulled and cocks the striker all the way.

No I are not.
For example: It is necessary to pull the trigger to disassemble a Glock.
Why should I use a gun which is unsafer than a hammer-fired gun ?
So I surely will NOT buy a Glock.
But it is a matter of taste.
And I guess I am not the only handgun owner thinking so ..

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

Hmmm....the Force is strong with this one.

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post