SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

Hmmm....the Force is strong with this one.

hehe U WILL BUY A GLOCK!

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M_E_:
And the answer is still no, I will NOT buy a Glock. I was looking at a G26 and found a Walther PPS in 9MM. It went home with me leaving the little brick Glock crying in the show case.
You are mistaken Sir, Glocks do not cry.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never Happen.

But I did unexplicably buy a full size .45.

Mitch

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13430 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Never Happen.

But I did unexplicably buy a full size .45.
Cool

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave-40:
quote:
You are missing the beauty of the Glock design !! No need for a "decocker" because the pistol IS in a safe state until the trigger is pulled and cocks the striker all the way.

No I are not.
For example: It is necessary to pull the trigger to disassemble a Glock.
Why should I use a gun which is unsafer than a hammer-fired gun ?
So I surely will NOT buy a Glock.
But it is a matter of taste.
And I guess I am not the only handgun owner thinking so ..

Do you check your guns to make sure they are unloaded before you clean them?
If I can't count on you to do that before you begin then I also can't count on you to NOT sweep folks and keep your finger off the trigger before you fire the gun. In that case, you're an accident waiting to happen anyway.

Any gun is only as safe as the person holding it. Gun makers build all kinds of things into a firearm in an attempt to make it IDIOT proof.
The real problem is they keep building better IDIOTS.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G26, it's my least favorite gun. Friend of mine, a LEO, sold it to me for $285. It only had about 1 box ran through it and he wanted a larger caliber BUG. Good gun none the less. Better than anything I would find for under $300. I gave it to my wife, don't tell her I don't like her purse gun. Wink

Posts: 41 | Registered: January 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope all glock owners aren't that defensive, and have to resort to name calling over someone saying they don't like pulling the trigger to remove the slide. you probably believe that your weapon is a true DAO don't you. Lighten up.

Posts: 127 | Registered: May 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoReloader:
you probably believe that your weapon is a true DAO don't you. Lighten up.

Which weapon are you talking about MoReloader?
I have quite a few! Big Grin

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4838 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Oh, man... this thread is getting to be like the weird chick down the street who used to follow me around all the time... Just when I thought I was safe... UP SHE'D POP!!
Please, we just like our pistols not to blow up, that's all! Leave us alone!!

Roll Eyes

There's a man with a pointy stick at the door!

Posts: 483 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
You
will
buy
a
Glock.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
@ MoReloader.
Thanks.
I am accustomed to meet Glock Fans who use offending allegations instead of arguments.
Oddly enough - only Glock fans.
No CZ, SIG, Ruger .. fans.
I do not know why these people do not post in Glock forums ?

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
@ MoReloader.
Thanks.
I am accustomed to meet Glock Fans who use offending allegations instead of arguments.
Oddly enough - only Glock fans.
No CZ, SIG, Ruger .. fans.

Dave-40

My comments were not posted in anger and were not aimed at you personally. I could have worded it better.

I've never understood why folks blame the gun when an ND happens. The point I was trying to make is I believe those same folks who have those sort of things happen are careless in other ways as well.

-- George Orwell

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, weird, huh? Big Grin

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
You are right para!

I have bought and sold probably about fifteen of these pistols over the last twenty years.

I mainly bought used ones from people needing money and resold them later on.

I just don't prefer them.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5061 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
.. blame the gun when an ND happens ..

I do not blame the gun.
Glocks are imho good military tools, ( in Austrian Army handguns are usually worn with empty chambers ), for police use - maybe, for a 24/7 sd I - for my conservative person - prefer a tool which is imho safer to handle.
Besides, Cooper said " Any gun is allways loaded " ..
So i contradicted " You will buy .. ", for I will surely not.

Besides , the principle of the half-cocked striker was allready used in the first Austrian ( - Hungary ) Army semiautomatic pistol, the M 1907 .

Posts: 134 | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racine
posted Hide Post
My first choice for my first pistol was supposed to be a Browning HiPower. My common sense at the time over ruled and I bought the Glock. I've never been enamored by it's looks but over the years I've grown to like it's function, simplicity, cost, practicality, shootability and dependability. So despite the myriad # of carry options out there and the small arsenal I have at my disposal, the Glock(I still don't like it's looks...)is my go to CCW. Kind of like driving my old Volvo vs. the BMW analogy. Each to his own and it is MY tool of choice...

Posts: 257 | Location: Dixie | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
Some one who talks about chosing a Glock over a HighPower and uses the phrase "common sense" in the same sentence-will wonders never cease?

I guess being a dinosaur has it's advantages in terms of the amusements "change and progress" bring over the years. I am old enough to remember when "advanced thinking" administrators told us we were trading in our S&W 19's & 66"s for 39's (and later 59"s). Part of the reasoning involved was the danger officers faced from being shot with their own weapons. Cases of the safety systems on the semi's confusing gun grabber's were cited, ad nauseum, to convince us we were "safer" because the autoloaders were "more complex". Now we are told the Glock is better because "anyone can pick it up and shoot it immediately" . HMMMMM Times have changed. We used to assume someone entrusted with the public safety was expected to be smart enough to deal with a safety on a semi-automatic hadgun.

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next up on my list is a G20. Then I will probably be done for a while.

It is within the realm of possibility that I could one day get a G34 as a dedicated IDPA gun. Right now my 19 is the carry and IDPA piece.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Clemson SC | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
As I write this I'm staring at the smoothly textured grip of my Gen1 G17. Her prior owner put half of a 20 round box of Silvertips through her, sent her to Glock for updating and otherwise never touched her.

This will change as she becomes adorned with Sevigney sights and a Vickers mag release. I love her Brazilianesque smoothness...

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4822 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post