SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

HK's are far from crap.

Far from it. I'd almost go out on the limb and say that HKs are the most reliable production handgun out today. I taught a class in NC a few weeks ago, and used a G19 to demo. I had two seperate malfunctions through the weekend with the G19. Problem for me is, I've shot Glocks so much in the last six months, that my HKs don't point and index right. Frown

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37136 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229steve:
Why is this thread still going?
Hahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: g26s239,

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the backup guys! I've taken a pretty serious look at Glocks and decided that for my $$ an HK was the better buy for design, quality, & accuracy. The Sig I own (P229) is not really a competitor to Glock as it's not a polymer pistol. Now can we please stop talking about Glocks on this "Sig" forum?!!!

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
If ammo ever becomes available again... I'm going to buy a 19 and NEVER clean or maintain it and see how long I can shoot it straight out of the box till it fails.

Just wish they had nicer feeling triggers.

I don't care what kind of trigger a gun has. The moment of truth is when it goes off. At that instant they all feel the same.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chestnut101:
no because they are the LOW BIDDER but to each there own

That may be true in a lot of cases but not necessarily all of them. A lot of the members of my agency want desparately to get rid of our SIG's in favor of Glocks, me included. Rumor had it that SIG was actually willing to meet Glock's pricing to keep SIG's in our holsters. We still haven't bought guns yet, and a lot of the firearms instructors and shooters within the agency still would rather have Glocks even if they were the same cost as SIG's.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5595 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229steve:
The Sig I own (P229) is not really a competitor to Glock as it's not a polymer pistol.

I don't really believe that just the material of the frame makes a gun a competitor to another or not. That would be like saying that a SIG P226 is not comparable to a S&W 5906 because the SIG uses an aluminum alloy frame and the S&W uses stainless steel. I most certainly believe that SIG regardless of model and Glock are most certainly direct competitors. Time seems to have proven that a good design is a good design regardless of the material that the frame is made of.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5595 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:
Here is why you will buy a Glock:
http://www.theprepared.com/ind...task=view&id=90&Item

Now that's the way to treat a Glock! BTW, I don't think this will be a problem for my HK or Sig as I plan to take care of my guns.

Posts: 996 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

I'll buy a Glock 19 when the the RTF becomes available. OK ?

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Glock 27,with a typical target.Everytime I visit the range,my sesion always ends with what ever I am carrying,drawn from holster and fired as fast as possible.At first I would save the targets like this one,but it became routine. This Glock,loaded with Speer Gold Dots,is a real confidence builder.And to me that is what it is all about,reliably hitting what you are shooting at.Great gun!

"Hell,if it was easy,anyone could do it!" P245 P226 Navy P6

Posts: 44 | Location: South Shore of Lake Michigan | Registered: June 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks just plain work, whether anyone likes their trigger, their looks, or anything else about them.

They are a bit like a toilet plunger: not pretty but something that will work when the need arises.

I have a few Glocks but if I was reduced to just one pistol, it'd be one of my better 1911's.

Posts: 291 | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ColtM4
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to say that while I'm a "sig" man, Glock does have lots to offer. I was watching some friends do some running and gunning and noticed the one thing that makes Glock stand out. The square profile of the Glock slide makes it easier to use the slide itself as a "sight". Try doing that with a Sig. It can be done, but it's easier to do with the Glock slide. The scenario is to be running from your target, which almost requires you to shoot in "gangster" hold/grip in order to be comfortable. I love my Sigs, but if the world were to come to an end, me thinks my choice would be glock for just sheer simplicity and reliability.

Oh yeah, got the 17,19, and thinking about the 26 soon.

I don't need no teenage queen, all I need is my M-14

Posts: 351 | Location: On the Range | Registered: February 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sovietak474u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g26s239:
quote:
Originally posted by sovietak474u:
quote:
quote:
I picked up my G17 within the last week and now I have a G17, G19, G21, G26 X 2, G27, G32 and G36.

Here is a picture of all my Glocks together.

I think I just found a new best friend! Nice picture! Im droooling over here Eek

Hi sovietak474u, given your username Glocks aren't the only interest we have in common. To everyone else sorry for the thread drift.

MMM HMM! Yes indeed. For the price of an HK you could get an ak-47 and a used glock Razz

If it flies, floats or phucks, RENT IT. - Nukeandpave

Posts: 7390 | Location: Crime filled clayton county , GA | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Was a Sig guy. I was an HK guy. and now...and I'll admit I tried a Glock. Now I own 5, my wife threatens to leave and I say "be gone Bee-otch". Cool

Hi all, my name is Joe and I AM a Glock addict.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zeme05:
Here is why you will buy a Glock:
http://www.theprepared.com/ind...task=view&id=90&Item

I have seen that test and I don't discount it but I have also seen reports of Glocks having serious problems in sand and fine powdery type dirt because it gets into the striker chanel and cause light strikes. I believe this was alleged to be a serious problem when some military units tried to swim with it...sand washed in.

I still love my Glock 19s though.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to hunt insurgents and give him a fish, you can win a war with enough fish.

Posts: 3045 | Location: CONUS | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
FedDC PLEASE POST REPORT !

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kjdoski
posted Hide Post
I haven't had to swim my G19 anywhere (though it felt like it slogging through the Amazon rain forest last week). I know there are modified parts your supposed to install on the Glocks if you plan on swimming them.

However, we have been carrying them in open holsters for about 7 years now in the worst possible sandy/dusty conditions you can imagine - think fine talc powder being rotor washed around by Blackhawk rotors...

We have had 0 malfunctions with our 14 G19s, except for issues that were immediately attributable to crappy frangible range ammunition.

I carry a personally owned G19 every day, and I'm picking up a G30SF on Wed (work permitting).

Regards,

Kevin

"Fast is fine; accuracy is final"

Posts: 4013 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjdoski:
I'm picking up a G30SF on Wed (work permitting).

Let me know how it goes. My asst T/L just bought one and loves it. I am really thinking about picking up a G23, due to my deep supply of .40

Everything he says though, the recoil of the G30SF is a lot more manageable during the rapid fire than the G23.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37136 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One step closer to the darkside. Went to the range today with my brother and put some rounds through my 220 Carry and my 92, as well as his XD9. After I had gone through what I brought to feed my 2, I went and asked the guy what Glocks he had in 357, as I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for a 32 in a few weeks. All they had was the 33 which is just too small for my hands (no finger adaptor baseplate) but damn it was a hoot to shoot. Big giant flash and a nice loud bang. One Glock noob question though- the gun I rented was pretty ragged out overall, but one weird thing I noticed that may or may not be related to it was the impression that was left on the spent primers. It looked like a rectangle sort of, rather than the normal round mark I see with all my other guns. Is this normal, or some weird result of the gun probably having a zillion rounds through it?

Posts: 2209 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post