SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ah. And so it is. Thanks.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that it had to be made in the US because it didn't generate enough NFA points to allow it to be imported. They had to open the line in Smyrna so that they could sell something smaller than the 26.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As I said before, I feel like Andre the Giant when I hold a G42. In the unlikely event that I get one of these, a baseplate extension is a must-have, and the Vickers extension is appealing.

I wonder- is the G42 being imported into Europe from the US, or is it being made in Austria, too?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, correct, but I didn't know if the G42 was being made only in the US.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the 42 and the .380s that Glock has made for years? Were they made on the same frame as the 26/27?

And could someone explain to me why all the other guns in the Glock line up could be imported but the .380 couldnt? I know it had something to do with the fact that it didnt meet the ATF import requirements. But I never understood why.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
What is the difference between the 42 and the .380s that Glock has made for years? Were they made on the same frame as the 26/27?

And could someone explain to me why all the other guns in the Glock line up could be imported but the .380 couldnt? I know it had something to do with the fact that it didnt meet the ATF import requirements. But I never understood why.

The difference in points between the 380 (3 points) and 9mm and above (10 points) is why..
Plus the overall length I guess..

ATF import requirements

I'm glad that they are made here so I can have my smooth faced trigger..

I'll admit, the only reason I bought a G42, was to get my wife into liking Glock pistols...
But I also like it as well..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

The 42 is a whole new design on a much smaller single stack frame unlike the Glock 25 (compact) and 28 (subcompact) .380s already built. they are building it in the U.S. so it can now be sold in the U.S.

1lowlife linked to the ATF requirements.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the single stack 9mm in a G42 sized (or smaller, but not likely) package....... Big Grin

That would indeed, make me sell off my Kahr CM/PM9... Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and sold my CM9 when I got the 42. Though not much bigger the Kahr just wasn't ever really comfortable in my pocket. The Glock is though. And for me that sized gun only has a place in my collection as a pocket gun.

I really liked the Kahr but frankly I bought it as an alternative carry for my Glock 19. After losing a bunch of weight and investing in a really nice holster the Glock 19 became virtually as easy to carry as the CM9 so I no longer needed it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I only pocket carry my Ruger LCP.
I find the CM9 and the G42 too big for sensible pocket carry.

Pocket carry to me, is total concealment, in a holster, in a rear jeans or pants pocket, without a cover shirt.
I can't do that with either my CM9 or G42, but easily with my LCP...

I'd LOVE to have a Glock to pocket carry, but I don't see it happening.. Confused

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I only pocket carry my Ruger LCP.
I find the CM9 and the G42 too big for sensible pocket carry.

Pocket carry to me, is total concealment, in a holster, in a rear jeans or pants pocket, without a cover shirt.
I can't do that with either my CM9 or G42, but easily with my LCP...

I'd LOVE to have a Glock to pocket carry, but I don't see it happening.. Confused

For me the G42 is right at the edge of being able to pocket carry, but it works. I carry in my front pocket though not my rear. I also have an LCP and it is more comfortable, but if I have to use my pocket gun the Glock is far and away the better of the two.

Of course my goal is to lose another 40 pounds so we will see how accommodating my pants pockets are then Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by walker77:
rl=https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5330-5.pdf] ATF import requirements[/url]

I'm glad that they are made here so I can have my smooth faced trigger..

I'll admit, the only reason I bought a G42, was to get my wife into liking Glock pistols...
But I also like it as well..

So is the case with all the US versus Austria made guns is the US has smooth trigger and Austria doesn't? I didn't realize that.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric357:

So is the case with all the US versus Austria made guns is the US has smooth trigger and Austria doesn't? I didn't realize that.

Full size imported Glocks have a smooth trigger, compact and subcompact have the grooved target ( Roll Eyes ) trigger.
My guess is, since the compact and subcompact are shorter in length, they had to do something to add points to achieve the 75 point minimum.
I've replaced the triggers in my G19, G26, and G33 with a stock G17 trigger.
I replaced the trigger in my G30S (when I had it) with a stock G21 trigger..

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is, since the compact and subcompact are shorter in length, they had to do something to add points to achieve the 75 point minimum.
I've replaced the triggers in my G19, G26, and G33 with a stock G17 trigger.

I was just going to comment on this, seeing the trigger on the 42 and being reminded that it's smooth.

Your guess is correct- it has to do with import points.

But my question is- with new "USA" guns being made here, why are the 19's and 26's (and any others) still being shipped within the US with the serrated triggers? I just picked up a new 19 a few months ago and switched out the stock trigger for a smooth one, which I also did years ago with my 26.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
But my question is- with new "USA" guns being made here, why are the 19's and 26's (and any others) still being shipped within the US with the serrated triggers? I just picked up a new 19 a few months ago and switched out the stock trigger for a smooth one, which I also did years ago with my 26.

That is a good question..

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks. You also answered my next question about the US compacts and subcompacts. I guess when I've looked at them I haven't paid that much attention to the triggers.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veni,vidi,Vici
Picture of Campusninja
posted Hide Post

Wanted to thank 1lowlife for some links shared on page 322.

Posts: 1260 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Another G42 pick up here. Mfg 6/29/14, purchased 17 days later, finally took it to the range today.

50 rounds Armscor, 50 rounds Aguila, 50 rounds Geco (damn good ammo), 12 rounds Federal Hydra Shoks. All without a hitch. It took me about 20 rounds to get reacquainted with the GLOCK trigger after that my results were good.

Very pleasant to shoot, wish I could say the same for my new Shield .40 (crikes! HST 180's were brutal).

Have no problem with the 42 pocket carry. Liking this gun.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did buy a Glock....a 17, 22 years ago...did lots of mods, including the Aero-tek laser, wired thru the frame....never really liked it though, sorry...missed my S&W 659 true DA with exposed hammer...now I have the beautiful P226 Platinum Elite, 40 cal, with true double-action and smooth de-cocker...oh, and the 22LR conversion with threaded barrel....so sweet...good-bye, Glock.

Posts: 15 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: July 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Campusninja:

Wanted to thank 1lowlife for some links shared on page 322.

You're more than welcome...

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacksport:
I did buy a Glock....a 17, 22 years ago...did lots of mods, including the Aero-tek laser, wired thru the frame....never really liked it though, sorry...missed my S&W 659 true DA with exposed hammer...now I have the beautiful P226 Platinum Elite, 40 cal, with true double-action and smooth de-cocker...oh, and the 22LR conversion with threaded barrel....so sweet...good-bye, Glock.

Laser sights... Roll Eyes
That says a lot about you right there... Razz

Nice to see someone is buying the over priced gimmick Sigs with your Platinum Elite, in 40cal no doubt... Big Grin
And a threaded barrel 22 conversion..
Ohhhh, that sounds exciting.. Eek

And welcome to the forum..
Just a heads up, a Glock isn't a DA pistol... Wink