SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
If I could find a 2nd Gen G19 or G23 I'd definitely buy it. The 3rd gen's... not so much love there. The one-size-fits-a-few finger grooves are downright painful shooting on my digits.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
As I told my G19 friend, "I will never own a Glock."

Never ended today. A G30SF followed me home today. Now I need a tuckable holster for it but not sure where to look.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1058 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gmh1013:
Not me, I WILL NEVER own a Glock.
Im not into expenisive Tupperware
It's OK, man, we understand how hard it is to admit at first. But you're among friends. No one will judge you.

So, tell us, when did you first discover that you craved Glock?

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I like my 19 and want a 20 and a 26 as well.

I'll admit my closet love. Now that i have come out i feel so much better....

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

So this guy that runs a popular forum puts something in his custom title about loving his G19. In some thread I believe he said something like a G19 being a perfect weapon and that everyone should have one. The suggestion lays dormant, until, lucky stiff, I win a certificate at a GSSF match.

Took almost 12 weeks but it arrived about a week ago. Actually it's the austrian version with proof stamps on the frame and rail.

I doubt I will ever 'love' my Glocks.... but if I had one, I would probably find a place for one in my bomb shelter.

I feel much better now.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4892 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, tell us, when did you first discover that you craved Glock?

no craving, thought I might not mind having a Glock - just as something different. First one was a OD G17 - purchased used from a friend that had used it in IDPA.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4892 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TXbug
posted Hide Post
No Glock for me.

A S&W Chief .38 Special and a S&W 625 .45 ACP revolver will do.

Wheel guns rule.

===================================
"Speak the truth, but ride a fast horse." -- Old West Texas cowboy saying

Posts: 830 | Location: Rosanky | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXbug:
No Glock for me.

A S&W Chief .38 Special and a S&W 625 .45 ACP revolver will do.

Wheel guns rule.

well you might be the exception to the rule

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

No, I wont, I have fired them and dont like them. They may be fine firearms, but I dont like them and I wont buy them.

Posts: 1476 | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course you won't.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh!

One of us. One of us...

Posts: 108255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23.
Now I don't own any.

When I feel a need for a plastic gun fix, I shoot one of my XDs, particularly my XD45.

Otherwise I carry and shoot A SIG via Spray.

My facination with Glock is over. And when my kitten killer is ready, I won't even miss the 20 anymore.

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a Glock 19 without the finger grooves, which I really do not like at all. If I could find an excellent used one (2nd generation?) I'd probably pick it up.

Posts: 5196 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I earned my
bombasticity
Picture of Psychobastard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
I want a Glock 19 without the finger grooves, which I really do not like at all. If I could find an excellent used one (2nd generation?) I'd probably pick it up.

Yes, those are the 2nd Generation models. The best ones they made IMHO.

Brownells had a page on their web site for a while thhat gave instructions on removing the finger grooves on 3rd generation models. Rumor has it they were "asked" to remove it.

If you can find a 2nd Gen... BUY IT. Then if you feel the need for govvry fingers, just buy a Hogue or Pachmyr universal sleeve... like everyone used to do. I prefer those anyhow because the rubber is far more comfortable. I must have tried 1/2 dozen different grip enhancement methods; skateboard, & similar, faux suede & a host of others but I really like the Hogue sleeve.

The Glocks are an excellent bag gun & for knocking around. The weight & the durability (no real finish to damage or corrode) had me convinced long ago. I simply HATE the finger grooves. I think it was a poor replacement for an already established solution.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

Posts: 25964 | Location: Wearesoscrewedistan | Registered: October 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can have the finger grooves taken off for around 50 bucks from a number of reliable gunsmith/plastic melting people.

While I own a 3rd gen G19 myself, I'm shocked that Glock didn't get with the program and feature adjustable grips some time ago. Apparently it's more important to get funky slide serrations.

Posts: 1692 | Location: Stuck behind a beige Grand Marquis with its left blinker permanently on going 40 MPH on the interstate. | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
I have the six of them, and that'll do for now...

I lied...I bought another Glock today - a G22RTF...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
I love to sniff mine.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Glock Rocks!!!

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I want to like them... I really do. I just do not. I wish I did, they are very reliable and a damned sight cheaper than the Sig Sauers that I do like to shoot.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of acftmech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know about the sickness. I traded a 19 AND a 23 for a HK. I missed the 19 dearly and when funds allowed, i replaced it with a 32. I thought I was over the Glock addiction until Christmas....I added a 29. I still want another 19 , but i think I'm good for now. I LOVE my Sigs, but I can admit I also like Glocks.

Don't think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I've forgotten how to be violent.

Posts: 288 | Location: In the real world. | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rains in Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I have the six of them, and that'll do for now...

I lied...I bought another Glock today - a G22RTF...

While looking at a USP today I held a G22RTF. I was much impressed over previous models. What do folks think of the RTF vs USP40?

I also held a 20SF. I was much closer to being able to get a proper grip on this model. I was told that all models will be RTF-SF in future. I think that a 20RTF-SF would be able to be held by my small hands. Would be a great hiking piece.

------------------
I don't even play an expert on TV.

Posts: 1587 | Registered: April 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post